2011 Lexus GS

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Most favorite car ever! Get up and go!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Great personal driver..not too big. Coupe like"

Cons: "Gas premium and only 18 mpg in town"

"Lexus GS 300 replaced my Mini S...wanted better climate control..had my own private summers going on, this was an incredible upgrade to my daily driver a 95 SUV. Gs.sporty, quick great turning radius. Curb weight and balance are excellent for the power .0-60 by the merge at the on ramp, Smoothest ride ever..glides on the expressway."

Have had absolutely no problems until 90000 miles-

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "still runs great-have it serviced regularly"

Cons: "night inside lighting soso--trunk space poor"

"Had to have new calipers-used up oil after 90000 but still wondering if I should trade as it has been such a great car,"

amazing car

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "amazing t drive and so quiet on highway"

Cons: "noting"

"2008 gs rwd i love this car is amazing is very good on gas and have a lot a power , mine is black on black so looks very hot"

BEst car ever no probelms at all with 141k no leak

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Cons: "interior lighting is dim. wish it was brighter"

"no oil leaks or problems. amazing car plenty of pwr . awd has great traction and performance"

Reliable, comfortable, fast, and quiet. Great car!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "quiet, quick, quality"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought my 2006 GS 300 CPO in 2010. Had the car for three and a half years now and could not be happier. The only issue I had was that the dash squeaked a bit when I first purchased it. This is a common issue with the 2006 GS. I called Lexus customer care and they fixed it at no charge. The has a septic kit, that adds some padding in key locations under the dash, took about two days. Besides that, the car has been perfect. I am now at 85,000 miles and it drives great and I plan to keep for many more years. I like the car so much that I purchased my wife a CPO 2007 RX 350 in late 2012 and we have been very pleased with that Lexus as well. My experience with Lexus has been great. I highly recommend purchasing a Lexus"

'Major Quality Problems

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: Major quality problems

Pros: "Great looks"

Cons: "Very poor quality"

"I bought my first Lexus, a used 2006 GS 350 based on reputation and the style of the car. It was beautiful. I ran into major quality problems within a few months and had to sell it at a loss of $7,000. Problems included transmission slipping or not engaging in the cold, the rear defrost broke, the trunk motor broke and the front axles clanked like a tin toy. STAY AWAY - this is a first year model and Toyota/Lexus did not get it right."

sporty & luxury all in one car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "no major problems with this car"

Cons: "have to burn premium gas only"

"The best resale value and less maintence issues compared to other luxury vechiles. Love my car!!!"

They don't get any nicer.

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Super good looking, safe and luxuries vehicle"

Cons: "Only thing I can think of is the initial expense"

"This vehicle is a dream. It is my wife's car and I take care of it for her. The car is perfect in every way. Plenty of power and as smooth as glass and 100% reliable. The mileage is approx. 25-29 mpg around town and 33-37 on highway! The only thing that was bad were the factory installed Yokohama tires (this was the second set on two different GS Lexus's that cupped and were miserable to drive even though they were properly inflated and rotated). Changed to Michelins (as usual) and all is back to Lexus standards."

Good But Not Great

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great price for a Lexus GS300 at $13,500 plus tax."

Cons: "Handling is not its forte but quietness is."

"I just bought this car because the wife said I needed to buy a reliable Japanese automobile with 4-doors. I'd been driving European cars for decades. Specifically, many BMW and a few Saab autos. I loved the driving dynamics of the BMW marque and still do. In fact, prior to owning this Lexus GS300, I test drove a 2004 BMW M3. Now THAT is a driver's car! I loved the speed and handling. IMHO, the 2004 M3 is among the legendary BMW's to own if that is on your bucket list to own. Saab's on the other hand are the cheapest bang for the buck. I owned a 1999 Saab Viggen "Born from Jets" in Lightning Blue. Turbo charged with 40-70mph faster than the same year Porsche 911. 911? Yep, that's right. But, I digress. The automobile in question here is the 2006 Lexus GS300. I found this car listed by a local high line dealership and purchased it at a bargain price. it has high miles but relatively well taken care of by local Lexus dealership. The biggest appeal to this iteration of the Lexus GS is that it has sporting character lines and a sterling reputation for longevity without constant maintenance. Driving dynamics are that of a taut "Japanese sport sedan" which means it does its level best to imitate BMW handling dynamics. Acceleration is leisurely for those who are not in a rush to get to where they are going. Unfortunately, it falls short or the BMW marque in terns of both handling and acceleration. Interior accoutrements include Mark Levinson sound system with DVD viewing, navigation, and back up camera. Man cave material! LOL! All in all, a valiant effort that falls somewhat short of BMW's handling dynamics but excels in reliability."

Great car overall....save for gas though

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, ageless styling, luxury"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE - and that's really it"

"I own an 06 GS430 with 78k on it now. Purchased at 64k CPO from a Lexus dealer. I fell in love with it at first sight. Very well put together and overall fit and finish. Extremely smooth ride and decent engine. In 06 im sure the v8 with 300hp was a lot but anymore now that isn't much compared to many v6's out there like those nissan/infiniti use. But theres nothing like the pull of a v8 engine. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gas though. If you arent ready for 16mpg avg city and max 24mpg on road trips then this isn't your car. Go get a 300 or 350 instead. I dont drive far for many commutes at all (15-25 mi/day) and avg 50/wk to keep the needle towards full. Reliability is where it is at though along with value. I purchased used at 24k and trade in is still around the 18k mark with private party value showing avg of 20-23k. Good luck doing that in anything else. I'd say if you were on the fence about this car to just go ahead and buy it. You wont have any regrets. Just make sure you find one certified pre owned or pay the money to get it certified. You wont be upset."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals