2007 Lexus GS

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great car overall....save for gas though

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, ageless styling, luxury"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE - and that's really it"

"I own an 06 GS430 with 78k on it now. Purchased at 64k CPO from a Lexus dealer. I fell in love with it at first sight. Very well put together and overall fit and finish. Extremely smooth ride and decent engine. In 06 im sure the v8 with 300hp was a lot but anymore now that isn't much compared to many v6's out there like those nissan/infiniti use. But theres nothing like the pull of a v8 engine. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gas though. If you arent ready for 16mpg avg city and max 24mpg on road trips then this isn't your car. Go get a 300 or 350 instead. I dont drive far for many commutes at all (15-25 mi/day) and avg 50/wk to keep the needle towards full. Reliability is where it is at though along with value. I purchased used at 24k and trade in is still around the 18k mark with private party value showing avg of 20-23k. Good luck doing that in anything else. I'd say if you were on the fence about this car to just go ahead and buy it. You wont have any regrets. Just make sure you find one certified pre owned or pay the money to get it certified. You wont be upset."

Love it so much...gotta do it again!

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great ride, phenomenal performance!"

Cons: "None for me..."

"Best car I've ever owned!!! I absolutely adore my 07 GS350! It's stylish and elegant! It has great "get up and go! And it's very reliable! I love it so much I'm trading in "Smokey" for "Smokey 2". Yep that's right...same car, same color, newer year! Honestly, I just want that new car smell...that's the only reason...lol. #dontjudgeme. If you're looking to compare this car to anything else...just stop looking! You can't go wrong with a Lexus GS! Period."

Great value compared to BMW 5 Car and Audi A6.

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, looks great, powerful."

Cons: "Plugs in back of center console"

"Compared it to BMW and Audi, and for the money, I thought it was a great value. I was looking for reliability, comfort, safety and power. It has all of these features and I enjoy the quiet cabin, too. I had a BMW 5 series and the reliability was an issue for me, which is why I turned to Lexus. It has a lot of the features of the BMW at a lower cost, in fact, comparable Lexus to BMW's; the BMW is about $10,000 more expensive. Going long with the Lexus and loving it."

A Great Value

By on Monday, April 4, 2011

"It's the old saying...pay me now, or pay me later!! You get what you pay for and the Lexus GS350 is the ultimate in quality. Had a Mercedes prior to this and will NEVER own another Mercedes!! Do yourself a favor and take a Lexus GS350 for a ride...believe me, you'll want to drive home in it!!"

Great luxury car

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Bought my 2006 GS300 in Nov '05. Came loaded with many extra's. Dealer in L.A. Ca. had same model for $3600 less. Local dealer would not match price, I started to walk out and they matched it. It pays to shop around. Good, reliable car. Fair gas milage. (20/29) That's better than most 2011 cars. Would buy another, but don't care for body style. Am starting to look at the new Hybrid. Really like the looks of it."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

"This car has all the luxury an owner could hope for. The 450h has remarkable acceleration and does well in fuel economy. I love this car. Only downfall is limited trunk space because of the hybrid battery.. Overall, best vehicle I have owned. (Sold my Porsche Cayenne S to get this car)"

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"an excellent vehicle- plenty of power, great looks, reliability, and durability. Only issue is the back seat is tight for 6 footers"

Reliable Car, But Dashboad / Radio Console Rattles

By on Monday, August 9, 2010

"While my Lexus 2006 GS 300 AWD is very reliable, I do have an issue with it. The radio console and front dashboard panel on occasion will have rattling issues. Extremely annoying when the rattle starts. I can't understand why Lexus would put in a radio console that has multiple plastic part assembly in the radio panel, and poor padding in the front dashboard panel. Very poor radio/console design. They missed this in there quality control. I've brought my car in to the dealer twice, they've resolved most rattles in the front dashboard panel area, but not the radio console front panel. For a higher end luxury car, this is unacceptable. I'm considering trading it in for the Infiniti M37X. I'm fed up w/ the disturbing faint rattles."

Excellent vehicle, but...

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"This has been an excellent car to own. My only complaints would be that the seat should be a little more comfortable and the radio reception should be improved, especially the digital radio reception. However, I believe these issues were resolved in the next generation. There are some fantastic features that I do love. The power boost and suspension stiffener features are fantastic for rolling curves over mountains and hilly terrains. The acceleration is fantastic for a sedan of this size. Also, holding down the door opener button on the keyless door opener to open all of the windows before entering the vehicle is fantastic for hot days."

Great midsize luxury alternative

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"Like the styling and performance much more than a Mercedes E-Class. The controls on a 5 Series BMW are exasperatingly frustrating compared to the Lexus. The build quality of the GS certainly exceeds either of those alternatives. It has a snug feel, but I like it. If I was any taller (6'1"), I wouldn't be able to fit, but that's the price of the sleek roofline. Lots of great features at a price of about $8000 less than the competition. I briefly considered an M35, but don't like the styling, dash, or the driving feel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals