2007 Lexus GS

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great Car!

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"After having driven many luxury vehicles including 911, Boxster, BMW, Mercedes CLS I was pleasantly surprised with the performance, styling and luxury of the GS300. While Japanese cars are not quite as robust in materials as German cars, the ride, quietness, handling, and attention to details provides an exceptional value. The Mark Levinson sound system trumps anything I ever had in any of my German cars. I bought this used with 45,000 miles and have put roughly 10,000 miles of trouble free driving on it. It performed well in a NJ winter with 2 wheel drive and all season Michelins. I am still learning new things about the car as I finally took some time to read the owner's manual. It has some amazing technology in a user friendly screen without having to deal with the cumbersome control knobs. The ventilated seats are very nice. Overall excellent vehicle!"

Comfortable cruiser

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"The car purchased as new in 2010. Comfortable cruiser with very nice fit and finish, cabin amenities. In no means it's a sports car. It's reasonably quick, though. Cornering, handling at elevated speeds can't come close to German rivals. Fuel consumption 20.5 mpg at mixed non-agressive driving. Amazingly my previous 09 Infiniti G37 with 3.7l engine and 330 hp and same driving was getting 3-4 miles per gallon better... Originally came with Summer Performance Yokohama tires, was not safe to drive at rain, dealer changed them at no cost to Michelin All Seasons, now rain, inclement driving safety ok. Trunk space is ok, but not exemplary. Back seats are quite usable, considering leg room. Cabin very quiet, noise isolation is excellent, which is a big plus. Torque achieved at relatively lower RPM, so subjectively during day-to-day driving car feels quite quick. Again, behind BMW, MB, Audi, but better than Infiniti (subjective feeling). In cabin tech - all ok, distance controle lines at back up camera would have been nice, though. Car has ventilated / AC seats, nice / a must if you reside at South. Relability - so far so good, no complaints at this point...."

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"unlike other lexus models that i have owned, this car rattles around the dash and windshield area. numerous trips to the dealeship cannot fix. the front sensors tend to go off without explanation, and the gas cap had to be adjusted on 2 occasions. Car also had a recall on the cams. not typical of lexus quality but it is what it is... a big disapointment."

Lexus - PLEASE keep making this car

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Options, Fun to Drive, Sound"

Cons: "Pricey (You get what you pay for.. and more)"

"#1 Fun to drive car PERIOD. This car is the perfect combination of Luxury, Sport, Style and Roomy. I have the Mark Levinson / Navigation combo. The sound is amazing, I have to keep telling people that there is no after-market stereo equipment installed. I have owned many vehicles and this is my favorite so far. I have owned the Acura Legend, Acura Integra, and the Lexus GS beats them easily. The quality is second to none. It does not look and feel like a cheap wannabe luxury car. So many makers have tried to copy this style but I do not think they come close."

My Xmas present to myself, so pleased.

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Driving a dream car, everything you need & more"

Cons: "Small trunk space"

"Purchased used 2009 Lexus GS 350 AWD this summer. Found a deal I could not pass at the local Lexus dealership. What a wonderful car to drive. The premium sound system is unreal. You can drive for hours in this car and not feel tired. So comfortable and the added luxury items included as Lexus stock options, too many to list, make you feel you are really driving something special. Nothing like it. I'm sold. Probably be a Lexus driver forever"

They don't get any nicer.

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Super good looking, safe and luxuries vehicle"

Cons: "Only thing I can think of is the initial expense"

"This vehicle is a dream. It is my wife's car and I take care of it for her. The car is perfect in every way. Plenty of power and as smooth as glass and 100% reliable. The mileage is approx. 25-29 mpg around town and 33-37 on highway! The only thing that was bad were the factory installed Yokohama tires (this was the second set on two different GS Lexus's that cupped and were miserable to drive even though they were properly inflated and rotated). Changed to Michelins (as usual) and all is back to Lexus standards."

Best Lexus ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I have had everything from a 98 ES300 to an 04 GS300 to an 07 ES350 to an 07 GS350 .... the GS350 AWD is by far the best lexus i've ever owned. It's smooth luxurious ride is what you would expect from lexus ... what you wouldn't expect is excellent handling, minimal body roll, and punchy performance from the V6. Equipped with Navigation, Mark Levinson & Parking Guidance System, the vehicle is well equipped, and worth every penny. Highly recommended & worth atleast a test drive ... one drive, and you'll be sold!"

best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have own my 450H for 18 months and it is by far the best overall car in its class. It has the power and excelleration of the top sports cars, while still giving you the gas milage you would expect from a large four cylinder or a V-6. The reviews all say it gets 23 mpg but that depends greatly on how you drive. If you drive it hard, yes, you will get about 22mpg in the city, but if you drive normally and have a comute that is part interstate and part city you can expect closer to 26mpg. The best I ever got was on a cool night not running my AC, accelerating smoothly, and going the speed limit I averaged 32mpg. That is impressive in a car that could keep up with a porsche off the line. Also you have to take in consideration how massively heavy a hybrid is. It weighs as much as an SUV, nothing that weighs that much and has that much power can compete with this car. You should also consider that a car this heavy should hold up better in a wreck than any feather light sports car. The 450h is a bargine considering it is one of the most technologically advanced and arguably one of the safest cars available for less than six figures. Way less. It is also one of the few luxury cars that has an onstar type system, which I feel is very important safty feature you won't find on any other import car aside from mercedes. It also has the easyest of all navigation systems to use. This car is as close to the perfect sports car you can own right now for the price. Yes the trunk is small comparing it to other full size sedans, but this is a sports car that can carry four adults comfortably, has room for kids, and still looks like absolute luxury. Try that in a porsche or a corvette."

Absolutely Fantastic Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great, smooth power, and Levinson sound is amazing"

Cons: "Being 6'4", I wish the seat retreated a bit more"

"I previously owned a used 2003 ES300 for about 7 years. It was a fine vehicle, and proved very reliable. So, naturally when it was time for a new car (and a bit of an upgrade), Lexus was tops on my list. I narrowed my choices to a CPO Mercedes Benz 2009 CLS550 (a beautiful car!), and this CPO 2009 GS350. The prices were very near equal (though the CLS550 had about 5k more miles), and I thoroughly inspected, tested, researched, and debated. In the end, the GS offered a specatularly smooth and powerful ride, understated yet sophisticated good looks, but, most importantly, I knew the reliability of a CPO Lexus from Sewell Lexus in Dallas would be extremely high, and from my research, the CLS550 would have far higher costs associated with fixing any problems that arose than the GS would for identical issues. I made the purchase a few months ago of the GS350, and I am so happy with my decision!"

unbelievable car, great performance, rocket ship

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "eye catcher"

"This car is as good as it gets for the money. It has all the things one would want on a mid size and more. Comfortable ride, quiet, great performance, sweet interior, rare color, great mileage, non-smoker, etc."

Love this Lexus. By far, best car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Fast , Comfortable and Quiet. Great gas milage."

Cons: "Premium fuel required"

"Bought new in 2007. Absolutely best car I have ever owned. I've had no issues or problems and everything still works. Highly recommend this car if you want luxury and sporty, all in one. I can get as much as 28 mpg at 60 mph. At 70 mph, expect about 26 mpg, and 19 mpg city... Great on gas! Love this car. ..smooth, quick and quiet!"

Not as fun as my Audi's but a lot cheaper

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive...decent power for V6"

Cons: "Hood takes a beating from stones on the highway....(:"

"Overall good car. Comfortable. Low profile tires a little loud...AWD good....small gas tank. Seem to be at the gas pump often...but far less expensive to service (reccomended) than German cars......Back up Camera Key with blind spot rear view from window"

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Overall I really love the car. I do alot of long distance driving, so I really appreciate the quiet ride, and the exceptional gas milage. I frequently get 30 + MPG on the freeways here in CA. The car handles well, although it is not as precise and agile as our BMW 530i. While both cars are very quiet, the GS 300 is quieter on rougher surfaces. The interior is very hansome, comfortable, and still looks new after 4 years. The car has had no problems for the 48000 miles I have owned it, except for a rear parking sensor which has been replaced twice. I would really recommend this car to anyone who wants luxury and performance at a reasonable price. A few small gripes: Interior lighting is way too dim. Xenon headlights are not great. Several of the control buttons are in a little drawer, which has to be opened first."

Never again!

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This car has been back to the dealer 4 times in the 8 weeks we've owned this car. Rear windshield had to be taken apart and had its clips removed due to annoying creaking. Front windshield and dash also had to be taken apart. The dealer has put noise reduction kits in dash, vents and radio ensemble and it's helped somewhat. Vents still rattle. The suspension is noisy, passenger door glass rattles and the dealer has to call in a regional engineer to figure this out."

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Got the '08 GS 460. Black on Black with Black Lexus rims. The car has lots of curb appeal but plenty of substance. Not quite as dynamic as the 7series but then I get to drive it (7 was always in the shop). Plenty of get up and go. Luxurious. Sound system is fantastic. What a car. Handles curves quite well. Had an LS 430. This is MUCH nicer. Lexus has made a big step toward competing with the Germans."

well done

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"2006 300 awd miles 50 000 PROS:Very comfortable and stylish, no problems so far exept gas cap and cd changer gave up, returned 30-33mpg on hwy cruisin 75 when new, now 26-28mpg depends on tires, dunlops run flats ok but winter ( dunlop m3 great!!!) is a must,. CONS: suspension, drivability,cornering still cannot match bm's or MB, my wife's 08 Cadillac cts drives better, not family car not sport sedan, but overall great. people like the styling...."

MY sixth lexus

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I PURCHASED A NEW lexus GS350 AWD LAST MONTH,CURRENTLY HAVE ONLY 350 MILES ON IT, THIS IS MY 6TH LEXUS,IN THE LAST 8 YEARS. i HAVE A WHINE IN THE TRANSMISSION AND THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT SHIFT THE WAY IT SHOUD. R"

Great combination of comfort and performance

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage"

Cons: "Headroom in front, hump in middle back seat"

"My first Lexus. After comparing BMW 5, Merc E and Infiniti G, I went w/ the GS as a CPO and have had no problem whatsoever. The car is beautiful inside and out. It is smooth and quiet, with enough grunt when needed and enough handling when called for. I don't drive very rough, so my GS does not need to be firm like a BMW. Road noise and gas mileage are excellent. My wife and I can't wait to get in and drive long distances. Z-rated tires are great! Dealership in northern CA is great, even taking care of a seat belt that does not retract fast enough!"

Great Vechicle

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"Live in Michigan and have the GS 300 AWD, excellent handling with snow tires which I change out with summer ones. Bought it used at 42,000 miles. Presently have 120,000 miles and it has been a excellent vehicle and highly recommend the car."

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I'VE OWNED THIS GS350 4YRS NOW AND IT'S BEEN A GREAT CAR. THIS IS MY THIRD LEXUS SINCE 1993 AND THEIR QUALITY IS STILL THE BEST. I HAVE OVER 60,000 MILES ON IT AND IT DRIVES AND HANDLES LIKE THE DAY I DROVE IT OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP. THE CAR IS QUICK AND TIGHT. I GET 22 TO 23 MILES PER GALLON AROUND TOWN AND I'VE GOTTEN AS HIGH AS 32.6 ON THE HIGHWAY AND THAT'S DOING 5 TO 10 MILES OVER THE POSTED SPEED. I HAVE BEEN ONE TO BUY OR LEASE A NEW CAR EVERY FEW YEARS, BUT I'M CONSIDERING KEEPING THIS ONE AND SEE HOW MANY MILES I CAN PUT ON IT. GREAT CAR. THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T GIVE IT ALL 5 STARS, MY WIFE AND I FIND THE SEATS ON THE HARD SIDE ON LONG DRIVES, BUT THE HEAT AND AIR IN THE SEATS ARE GREAT. WE HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR ACROSS COUNTRY ON VACATION IT'S JUST A PLEASURE TO DRIVE."

best of everything

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"gs 350 purchased new 9/07 has been flawless since day one, rides smooth & quite and i average 22 mpgs city 27 hwy. has 35k miles now still has original tires yokahama a10s looks like theyll make 40 berfore i get new ones. will most likely buy new gs when body changes next year if it looks as good as this one. this is my 2nd lexus and i would recommend a gs350 to anyone who wants a reliable luxury sports sedan."

Why buy anything else?

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"I knew the market going in, but did a lot of research anyway when I purchased this car. Can't understand the draw of a 5-Series for $7-9K more. I admit to not enjoying the BMW's "feel every pebble in the road" appraoch to suspensions, but how do buyers justify all that extra money? For less power, more service issues and bone rattling? Come on. The A6 was only $4-5K more, but the same question is relevant. What do you get for that extra money? The A6 is significantly wider than the GS as well as longer and taller. Yet none of that girth results in more interior room. The M35 was slightly less expensive, but in 2007 had much less power. The M is a tough competitor, but ergonomics and better option packages made the GS a better buy. The GS is truly fast. I hadn't had a ticket for nearly 10 years before buying this car and I got two in the first month. Acceloration is excellent, but watching what it does to fuel economy on that little digital display is a limiter. Handling is good, controls very well laid out and options abound. Wish List: 1. Lexus needs to offer some better color choices. The Smokey Granite looks like a dirty black car in winter. The Mercury Metallic (Silver) doesn't sparkle and always looks dirty. The Blue is too dark to differentiate from black and the Gold looks like beige wall paint. 2. Can't they offer a better use of the ashtray space? 3. A longer seat bottom for taller drivers would be a great feature. One warning: don't waste money on the extended warranty - you'll never need it."

my new lexus

By on Friday, April 04, 2008

"THIS IS MY THIRd NEW lexus in the last 6 years, a new GS300, is250AWD,i purchased a new GS350awd, two months ago,it has only 500 miles on it. IT HAS A bad whine in the transmission,sounds like a bad torque convertor.I TOOK THE CAR TO THE lexus dealer where i bought it, and after the servce MANAGER ROAD TESTED THE CAR HE SAID THE WHINE IS NORMAL FOR THE AWD MODEL. i would like to know if anyone else that has a GS350awd,has the same problem ?"

Great car overall....save for gas though

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, ageless styling, luxury"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE - and that's really it"

"I own an 06 GS430 with 78k on it now. Purchased at 64k CPO from a Lexus dealer. I fell in love with it at first sight. Very well put together and overall fit and finish. Extremely smooth ride and decent engine. In 06 im sure the v8 with 300hp was a lot but anymore now that isn't much compared to many v6's out there like those nissan/infiniti use. But theres nothing like the pull of a v8 engine. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gas though. If you arent ready for 16mpg avg city and max 24mpg on road trips then this isn't your car. Go get a 300 or 350 instead. I dont drive far for many commutes at all (15-25 mi/day) and avg 50/wk to keep the needle towards full. Reliability is where it is at though along with value. I purchased used at 24k and trade in is still around the 18k mark with private party value showing avg of 20-23k. Good luck doing that in anything else. I'd say if you were on the fence about this car to just go ahead and buy it. You wont have any regrets. Just make sure you find one certified pre owned or pay the money to get it certified. You wont be upset."

Love it so much...gotta do it again!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great ride, phenomenal performance!"

Cons: "None for me..."

"Best car I've ever owned!!! I absolutely adore my 07 GS350! It's stylish and elegant! It has great "get up and go! And it's very reliable! I love it so much I'm trading in "Smokey" for "Smokey 2". Yep that's right...same car, same color, newer year! Honestly, I just want that new car smell...that's the only reason...lol. #dontjudgeme. If you're looking to compare this car to anything else...just stop looking! You can't go wrong with a Lexus GS! Period."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals