• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus GS

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love this Lexus. By far, best car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Fast , Comfortable and Quiet. Great gas milage."

Cons: "Premium fuel required"

"Bought new in 2007. Absolutely best car I have ever owned. I've had no issues or problems and everything still works. Highly recommend this car if you want luxury and sporty, all in one. I can get as much as 28 mpg at 60 mph. At 70 mph, expect about 26 mpg, and 19 mpg city... Great on gas! Love this car. ..smooth, quick and quiet!"

Not as fun as my Audi's but a lot cheaper

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive...decent power for V6"

Cons: "Hood takes a beating from stones on the highway....(:"

"Overall good car. Comfortable. Low profile tires a little loud...AWD good....small gas tank. Seem to be at the gas pump often...but far less expensive to service (reccomended) than German cars......Back up Camera Key with blind spot rear view from window"

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Overall I really love the car. I do alot of long distance driving, so I really appreciate the quiet ride, and the exceptional gas milage. I frequently get 30 + MPG on the freeways here in CA. The car handles well, although it is not as precise and agile as our BMW 530i. While both cars are very quiet, the GS 300 is quieter on rougher surfaces. The interior is very hansome, comfortable, and still looks new after 4 years. The car has had no problems for the 48000 miles I have owned it, except for a rear parking sensor which has been replaced twice. I would really recommend this car to anyone who wants luxury and performance at a reasonable price. A few small gripes: Interior lighting is way too dim. Xenon headlights are not great. Several of the control buttons are in a little drawer, which has to be opened first."

Never again!

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This car has been back to the dealer 4 times in the 8 weeks we've owned this car. Rear windshield had to be taken apart and had its clips removed due to annoying creaking. Front windshield and dash also had to be taken apart. The dealer has put noise reduction kits in dash, vents and radio ensemble and it's helped somewhat. Vents still rattle. The suspension is noisy, passenger door glass rattles and the dealer has to call in a regional engineer to figure this out."

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Got the '08 GS 460. Black on Black with Black Lexus rims. The car has lots of curb appeal but plenty of substance. Not quite as dynamic as the 7series but then I get to drive it (7 was always in the shop). Plenty of get up and go. Luxurious. Sound system is fantastic. What a car. Handles curves quite well. Had an LS 430. This is MUCH nicer. Lexus has made a big step toward competing with the Germans."

well done

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"2006 300 awd miles 50 000 PROS:Very comfortable and stylish, no problems so far exept gas cap and cd changer gave up, returned 30-33mpg on hwy cruisin 75 when new, now 26-28mpg depends on tires, dunlops run flats ok but winter ( dunlop m3 great!!!) is a must,. CONS: suspension, drivability,cornering still cannot match bm's or MB, my wife's 08 Cadillac cts drives better, not family car not sport sedan, but overall great. people like the styling...."

MY sixth lexus

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I PURCHASED A NEW lexus GS350 AWD LAST MONTH,CURRENTLY HAVE ONLY 350 MILES ON IT, THIS IS MY 6TH LEXUS,IN THE LAST 8 YEARS. i HAVE A WHINE IN THE TRANSMISSION AND THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT SHIFT THE WAY IT SHOUD. R"

Great combination of comfort and performance

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage"

Cons: "Headroom in front, hump in middle back seat"

"My first Lexus. After comparing BMW 5, Merc E and Infiniti G, I went w/ the GS as a CPO and have had no problem whatsoever. The car is beautiful inside and out. It is smooth and quiet, with enough grunt when needed and enough handling when called for. I don't drive very rough, so my GS does not need to be firm like a BMW. Road noise and gas mileage are excellent. My wife and I can't wait to get in and drive long distances. Z-rated tires are great! Dealership in northern CA is great, even taking care of a seat belt that does not retract fast enough!"

Great Vechicle

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"Live in Michigan and have the GS 300 AWD, excellent handling with snow tires which I change out with summer ones. Bought it used at 42,000 miles. Presently have 120,000 miles and it has been a excellent vehicle and highly recommend the car."

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I'VE OWNED THIS GS350 4YRS NOW AND IT'S BEEN A GREAT CAR. THIS IS MY THIRD LEXUS SINCE 1993 AND THEIR QUALITY IS STILL THE BEST. I HAVE OVER 60,000 MILES ON IT AND IT DRIVES AND HANDLES LIKE THE DAY I DROVE IT OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP. THE CAR IS QUICK AND TIGHT. I GET 22 TO 23 MILES PER GALLON AROUND TOWN AND I'VE GOTTEN AS HIGH AS 32.6 ON THE HIGHWAY AND THAT'S DOING 5 TO 10 MILES OVER THE POSTED SPEED. I HAVE BEEN ONE TO BUY OR LEASE A NEW CAR EVERY FEW YEARS, BUT I'M CONSIDERING KEEPING THIS ONE AND SEE HOW MANY MILES I CAN PUT ON IT. GREAT CAR. THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T GIVE IT ALL 5 STARS, MY WIFE AND I FIND THE SEATS ON THE HARD SIDE ON LONG DRIVES, BUT THE HEAT AND AIR IN THE SEATS ARE GREAT. WE HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR ACROSS COUNTRY ON VACATION IT'S JUST A PLEASURE TO DRIVE."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals