2005 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 279 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Ageless Class

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks"

"An ageless stylish car that is comfortable inside. Been very reliable for 14 years."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "a blast to drive and looks great too"

Cons: "a little tough on gas"

"This car goes like a rocket, handles like a sports car, and rides like the luxury sedan that it is."

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Love This Car!!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I got this car in amazing condition with only 92,000 miles on it for $8,400. What a steal! It's the best car I've ever owned. It's 11 years old and there is absolutely no problems with it! It runs like a brand new one! People ask if it's new. I would recommend everyone to get this car or any Toyota product! Scion, Toyota, or Lexus. Toyota knows what they're doing! They're number 1 for a reason!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals