2005 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 277 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

What a car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "quality and reliability"

"This is truly an amazing offering from Lexus. Being a Lexus you expect that quality and reliability are the highest rated in the market, My car still drives like a new car and far better than any other luxury car in the market."

Very reliable and solid car

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "fun on windy roads because of the suspension and manual tranny option"

Cons: "the emergency brake is easy to hit on accident when getting into the car"

"I've only had one mechanical problem at 185k the water pump went bad. Otherwise just basic maintenance."

Favorite Car

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I love my GS300 - the best car I've ever had (I'm 38). So smooth, great acceleration at speeds 40-80, super quiet, levinson sound system and navigation are top notch. The only down side I've had in my 3 years of ownership: the levinson amp had a short, which made my radio, iPod (3rd party hookup), CD player, etc, not work. The amp was easy to replace myself, but a refurbished replacement part still cost a whopping $480. No other problems. Just a great car that holds its value."

98 GS 400, 62 and it's best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything, a bargain for what you get"

Cons: "Parts are expensive but rarely needed"

"This car is safe, beautiful, does everything perfectly, and asks nothing in return. Amazing acceleration and braking. Handles like a sports car and cruises like a land yacht. Excellant climate control and sound system. Who says you can't have it all! If I ever do need to replace it, it will be with another GS. Drive in the snow? Use all season tires and the "Snow" button or get an AWD. I hydroplaned once and the stabilization control kicked in and straightened it right out. Yes, performance takes premium gas, but if you want to play you have to pay."

best for the buck

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun and modern bodystyle"

Cons: "they dont put the 1uzfe engines in the newer gs's"

"these cars are amazing. they have a tremendous amount of power so you can baby the thing while your doing 100mph down the highway at 2rpms very comfortable. no other 98' to 02' bodystyle will turn heads like this with toyota v8 reliability."

Most Reliable and Fun to Drive

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, unsurpassed quality, comfortable"

Cons: "rear seat doesn't fold down,"

"I bought this car from with a little over 150,000 miles on it, and I feel in love with it the first time I drove it. Its decent on gas for the size of V6 it has, but its hard not to stomp down due to its responsivness. Its reliablity so far has been unsurpassed, I had a 2005 pontiac grand prix previously, which I had to constantly dump money into. The only time this car was in the shop was for my new tires, and oil changes, (dont have a garage yet) My only complaint is that the hood's paint has started peeling , which makes the car look really bad. I plan on keeping this car till it can no longer drive, I dont care if its old, hard to find its quality today."

One word - Awesome!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Very fun and comfortable to drive. Roomy in back."

Cons: "Not the best in the snow, requires snow tires."

"My favorite of all the cars I've owned. Great power, handling, and comfort. Never had a mechanical issue with it, and it's at around 115k miles."

Doesn't get better than this!

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fast, reliable, great interior!"

Cons: "None really! Perhaps could have a bit softer ride."

"I have over 122,000 miles on my GS430 and the car drives like new. I have had every major luxury car before and this is the best by far! Car is very fast and gets amazing (26 MPG)gas mileage on the open road. It would be even better if I'd slow down! I maintain this car exceptionally well as my mechanic says this model is far better than the newer one! Told these can go way over 200K miles. I get offers to sell this car frequently!"

I just came back from Vegas, great ride a pleasure

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Runs great, alway well maintained, looks like new, Still has a great ride. A real good buy...."

A luxury car with Toyota Value and pricing....

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"In early 2011 we bought this car, it had a mere 18608 miles. It was still in great shape despite not being perfectly cared for. Previous owner traded it in at 10 years old. So far, only regular maintenance. We no longer take the car to Lexus for service as they messed up a set of wheels by applying a caustic wheel cleaner. RWD 4 door sedan, 3700 lbs, 300HP 4.3 liter V8, seamless 5 speed auto trans. Whats NOT to love about it? This car will outbrake a Corvette from the same year. Needless to say, that comes at a price. The brake rotors are known for warpage early in thier life and this reared its head at about 25K miles. We had the rotors cut and put back on... things were fine for about 10K when it started doing it again. New rotors and front pads were ordered, and replaced. in the process it was discovered that someone had installed aftermarket pads, and some of the hardware was missing. All of that now fixed it came far cheaper than taking the car to Lexus, and I know the tech who works on my cars. Outside of that... this is an excellent driving machine. I'm a Musclecar fan at heart, but this is more like sport sedan... and I like it!"

Love my Car, is not for sale.

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car"

"I bought it brand new I would say that this is the best investment for a car I have made. It runs like new.I love the smooth, comfort, security, gas mileage,etc. I always get good complements from people. Even though is a 2002 model, still looks nice parked outside."

Couldn't ask for more

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I'm at 224,000 and going strong! Never had an issue over $200. Gimme an 'L', Gimme an 'E'...."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GS!!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, good on gas, looks incredible"

Cons: "There is nothing missing on the car."

"I am stuck on the Lexus brand and will never go anywhere else. The comfortable ride to the premium sound has me stuck. Great job Lexus!!!!"

Love, Love Love It!!!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Drives great, comfortable, and nice looking."

Cons: "Parts can be expensive."

"I purchased this car when it was two years old, I kept it for 9 years until it was totalled in an accident (thankfully no one was hurt)!!! I would have kept it another 9 years if it were not wrecked. It is beautiful inside and out, it rides great (even at 237,000 miles). I am in the market for another one now. This is a high quality,high luxury car."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, great value!"

Cons: "Parts are expensive if not under warranty."

"I got this car because I liked the way it looked and because it was a Lexus I knew it would be made well. What I didn't know was that I would love this car and that I would keep it so long because it was reliable and just an all around great car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great color, Rides quiet"

Cons: "Tan interior,Headlights need polishing"

my parked pride!

"Bought this 1998 GS300 used in 2006 had 56,000 miles in 2011 it has 105,000 I just love my car. Ive only had to replace 2oxygen sensors since I have had car! The only thing the tan interior I never liked it always gets dirty but easy to clean. If I was to trade car in it would be for another GS 300 since 2007 was the last year they were built. So for now I hold on to my GS.... Would recommend car to anyone you'd love also!"

my parked pride!

Great Vehicle to own

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I have to say, I've always loved Toyotas, and when I saw the Lexus come out with the GS 300 series in 1998, I was in love with that style. I finally bought mine in 2000. I've had it since then and its a great car to have. The ride is so smooth and it handles great. Also with gas prices going up, I have to say I love having this car, it's great on gas. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves having a car that is sporty yet formal. Instead of paying so much for a BMW or a Mercedez Benz, you'll get better quality, for a lot less $$$."

Smooth, Fast, Reliable, Sick!

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"This is my fifth car since getting my license. My first 4 cars being a 1999 Nissan Altima, 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon, 1994 Acura Integra and a 1995 Audi 90. As you can see, all 4 of those cars are opposites and in relation to my fifth car, it follows trend and is nothing like the others. As an avid fan of the 4 headlight setup on the 1994-2001 Acura Integra, The GS430 also sports a 4 light model. The styling on this car is absolutely amazing. The way the fenders curve out for the wider tires in the back to the way a chrome line follows the car. Everything is just so in place in tasteful. The taillights offer a since of defining styling characteristics for the vehicle. Obviously this car would never blend in, but the tail lights give the car a nice rear end. The performance of the car is something else. In a 3700 pound+ car with 300 HP/325 lb ft of torque has no problem of taking off from any speed. The true grunt of the vehicle is seen when nailing the throttle from 40mph. The car will get you to 60 in under 6 seconds and be quiet while its doing it. The car is so smooth that the speedo is heavily relied upon for speed. The car doesn't offer a sense of speed. With that in mind, you must be careful driving this vehicle especially on the highway. It can get you into trouble if you don't pay attention to your speed. My GS430 has never spent a day at the shop other than oil changes and scheduled maintance. Nothing has ever failed for no abrupt reason. The cars reliability is a true testiment to its build quality. The car handles well for what it is and the VSC system does a great job of minimizing tire spin. ECT Snow option is available and will allow the car to start out from stops in 2nd gear to allow traction to be more easily attained. Flipping the ECT power button however unleashes the beast that is under that hood, however will also lower your gas mileage. Overall I say this is a perfect car for anyone as long as you are responsible and don't drive it like you stole it. It truely is a beautiful piece of machinary. Learn to respect it and care for it and it will do the same to you. A+."

a keeper

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"I purchased my car new & it has about 147,000 miles & is still going strong. Other than the display on the radio slowing fading out, we have never had any major issues. This car handles like a dream & my husband loves to drive it as well. If you change the oil regularly & keep it serviced, this car will last a very long time. We plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

air mass sensor needs to be replaced

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

"the car has misfire of the camshaft"

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"No mechanical problems in almost 11 years. Remarkable!"

I LOVE IT!!!!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive,fast,safe,affordable"

Cons: "nothing!!!"

"This car is extremely fun to drive. It's an affordable fast, luxury,reliable and safe car. I bought the Lexus a while ago and can only say for the price you get 20 out of 10 possible. The 4 liter V8 takes you of the line in no time at all. And the gas mileage inst so bad on it either I get about 17-19 combined of course It also matter how you drive yet this car is a BEAST!!!"

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Ageless Class

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks"

"An ageless stylish car that is comfortable inside. Been very reliable for 14 years."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "a blast to drive and looks great too"

Cons: "a little tough on gas"

"This car goes like a rocket, handles like a sports car, and rides like the luxury sedan that it is."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals