2003 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

What a car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "quality and reliability"

"This is truly an amazing offering from Lexus. Being a Lexus you expect that quality and reliability are the highest rated in the market, My car still drives like a new car and far better than any other luxury car in the market."

best for the buck

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun and modern bodystyle"

Cons: "they dont put the 1uzfe engines in the newer gs's"

"these cars are amazing. they have a tremendous amount of power so you can baby the thing while your doing 100mph down the highway at 2rpms very comfortable. no other 98' to 02' bodystyle will turn heads like this with toyota v8 reliability."

One word - Awesome!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Very fun and comfortable to drive. Roomy in back."

Cons: "Not the best in the snow, requires snow tires."

"My favorite of all the cars I've owned. Great power, handling, and comfort. Never had a mechanical issue with it, and it's at around 115k miles."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GS!!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, good on gas, looks incredible"

Cons: "There is nothing missing on the car."

"I am stuck on the Lexus brand and will never go anywhere else. The comfortable ride to the premium sound has me stuck. Great job Lexus!!!!"

Love, Love Love It!!!

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Drives great, comfortable, and nice looking."

Cons: "Parts can be expensive."

"I purchased this car when it was two years old, I kept it for 9 years until it was totalled in an accident (thankfully no one was hurt)!!! I would have kept it another 9 years if it were not wrecked. It is beautiful inside and out, it rides great (even at 237,000 miles). I am in the market for another one now. This is a high quality,high luxury car."

Smooth, Fast, Reliable, Sick!

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"This is my fifth car since getting my license. My first 4 cars being a 1999 Nissan Altima, 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon, 1994 Acura Integra and a 1995 Audi 90. As you can see, all 4 of those cars are opposites and in relation to my fifth car, it follows trend and is nothing like the others. As an avid fan of the 4 headlight setup on the 1994-2001 Acura Integra, The GS430 also sports a 4 light model. The styling on this car is absolutely amazing. The way the fenders curve out for the wider tires in the back to the way a chrome line follows the car. Everything is just so in place in tasteful. The taillights offer a since of defining styling characteristics for the vehicle. Obviously this car would never blend in, but the tail lights give the car a nice rear end. The performance of the car is something else. In a 3700 pound+ car with 300 HP/325 lb ft of torque has no problem of taking off from any speed. The true grunt of the vehicle is seen when nailing the throttle from 40mph. The car will get you to 60 in under 6 seconds and be quiet while its doing it. The car is so smooth that the speedo is heavily relied upon for speed. The car doesn't offer a sense of speed. With that in mind, you must be careful driving this vehicle especially on the highway. It can get you into trouble if you don't pay attention to your speed. My GS430 has never spent a day at the shop other than oil changes and scheduled maintance. Nothing has ever failed for no abrupt reason. The cars reliability is a true testiment to its build quality. The car handles well for what it is and the VSC system does a great job of minimizing tire spin. ECT Snow option is available and will allow the car to start out from stops in 2nd gear to allow traction to be more easily attained. Flipping the ECT power button however unleashes the beast that is under that hood, however will also lower your gas mileage. Overall I say this is a perfect car for anyone as long as you are responsible and don't drive it like you stole it. It truely is a beautiful piece of machinary. Learn to respect it and care for it and it will do the same to you. A+."

a keeper

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I purchased my car new & it has about 147,000 miles & is still going strong. Other than the display on the radio slowing fading out, we have never had any major issues. This car handles like a dream & my husband loves to drive it as well. If you change the oil regularly & keep it serviced, this car will last a very long time. We plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

Love my Car, is not for sale.

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car"

"I bought it brand new I would say that this is the best investment for a car I have made. It runs like new.I love the smooth, comfort, security, gas mileage,etc. I always get good complements from people. Even though is a 2002 model, still looks nice parked outside."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great color, Rides quiet"

Cons: "Tan interior,Headlights need polishing"

my parked pride!

"Bought this 1998 GS300 used in 2006 had 56,000 miles in 2011 it has 105,000 I just love my car. Ive only had to replace 2oxygen sensors since I have had car! The only thing the tan interior I never liked it always gets dirty but easy to clean. If I was to trade car in it would be for another GS 300 since 2007 was the last year they were built. So for now I hold on to my GS.... Would recommend car to anyone you'd love also!"

my parked pride!

Great Vehicle to own

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have to say, I've always loved Toyotas, and when I saw the Lexus come out with the GS 300 series in 1998, I was in love with that style. I finally bought mine in 2000. I've had it since then and its a great car to have. The ride is so smooth and it handles great. Also with gas prices going up, I have to say I love having this car, it's great on gas. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves having a car that is sporty yet formal. Instead of paying so much for a BMW or a Mercedez Benz, you'll get better quality, for a lot less $$$."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, great value!"

Cons: "Parts are expensive if not under warranty."

"I got this car because I liked the way it looked and because it was a Lexus I knew it would be made well. What I didn't know was that I would love this car and that I would keep it so long because it was reliable and just an all around great car."

Ferocious performance with sublte luxury

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "performance, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "only premium gas"

"This car seems pretty rare. I looked for a very long time for this car in my area. I finally found one and snagged it up. To sum up this car its a luxury car with a BEAST under the hood. I put a cold air intake system on it and it could beat Mustang GT's all day long. The look on their faces were priceless. Gas mileage is actually pretty good for a v-8. You cant go wrong with this car"

best vehicle i ever bought so far

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"everything is easy and feels great when u accelerate miles dont mean anything for this car i have 201000 miles and it runs like it has low miles runs better then every year 2000 and under car i purchased"

Modern Tank

By on Sunday, November 9, 2008

"I have gx 470 vvti, sc 400vvti, and gs 430 vvti. I love Lexus V8s, and I would love to recommend gs 430 to buyers who are looking for premier quality and defined craftsmenship. I love working my cars due to ease of Lexus design and functionality. There are good values out there with high milege beyond 100k, because these cars go beyond 300k with timely and proper care."

GS300 is rock solid

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"This car is just plain solid and reliable. 53K miles with no noises just solid performance. MPG is good as well. I avg 22MPG in mixed driving. Straight I6 engine is VERY smooth. Some are saying Lexus should have never switched. This car is a safe used buy even with high miles."

A Great Car

By on Friday, September 5, 2008

"If you can afford this car buy it. This is my third Lexus they all have been great. '92 ES 161000 not a problem, '98 LS 144000 not a problem."

Sound Semi-Luxury Vehicle

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Bought new and paid fair price. Car has been very reliable and trustworthy. Comfort is OK. One terrible feature they need to fix is the trunk lid. It comes crashing down on you (has happened twice to me) without warning. Needs correcting since this is supposed to be a higher-end vehicle. Piston would be a nice solution."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"It is my first lexus and I love it, will have a hard time buying any other make! I test drove a brand new camry and a new accord and then this used lexus, they did not compare, there was no question in what car I should get."

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"No mechanical problems in almost 11 years. Remarkable!"

I LOVE IT!!!!

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive,fast,safe,affordable"

Cons: "nothing!!!"

"This car is extremely fun to drive. It's an affordable fast, luxury,reliable and safe car. I bought the Lexus a while ago and can only say for the price you get 20 out of 10 possible. The 4 liter V8 takes you of the line in no time at all. And the gas mileage inst so bad on it either I get about 17-19 combined of course It also matter how you drive yet this car is a BEAST!!!"

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Ageless Class

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks"

"An ageless stylish car that is comfortable inside. Been very reliable for 14 years."

Competent vehicle that is comfortable

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, a parent's car"

Cons: "generic, a parent's car"

"I bought this car with about 75k miles on it 6 years ago. It has been totally reliable and overall a great car. Just like most cars, the services at the dealer are outrageous, but I have always gone to the dealer for service. Because of that, it really does still drive like brand new. I think I want a new car, but this one is so reliable it is hard to justify spending the money on a new one!"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "a blast to drive and looks great too"

Cons: "a little tough on gas"

"This car goes like a rocket, handles like a sports car, and rides like the luxury sedan that it is."

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals