2001 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 269 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

A luxury car with Toyota Value and pricing....

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"In early 2011 we bought this car, it had a mere 18608 miles. It was still in great shape despite not being perfectly cared for. Previous owner traded it in at 10 years old. So far, only regular maintenance. We no longer take the car to Lexus for service as they messed up a set of wheels by applying a caustic wheel cleaner. RWD 4 door sedan, 3700 lbs, 300HP 4.3 liter V8, seamless 5 speed auto trans. Whats NOT to love about it? This car will outbrake a Corvette from the same year. Needless to say, that comes at a price. The brake rotors are known for warpage early in thier life and this reared its head at about 25K miles. We had the rotors cut and put back on... things were fine for about 10K when it started doing it again. New rotors and front pads were ordered, and replaced. in the process it was discovered that someone had installed aftermarket pads, and some of the hardware was missing. All of that now fixed it came far cheaper than taking the car to Lexus, and I know the tech who works on my cars. Outside of that... this is an excellent driving machine. I'm a Musclecar fan at heart, but this is more like sport sedan... and I like it!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Still looks great! Reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "None."

"Bought this Lexus used in 2000. Previous owner had it for six months, 2,000 miles. I am in the process of trading it in for a Camry SE and am going to miss my 13 year old vehicle; hope the Camry stands the test of time like the Lexus has. It has served me well with conventional adjustments (tires, oil changes, engine/cabin filters) and an extended warranty issue with alternater/throttle."

98 GS 400, 62 and it's best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything, a bargain for what you get"

Cons: "Parts are expensive but rarely needed"

"This car is safe, beautiful, does everything perfectly, and asks nothing in return. Amazing acceleration and braking. Handles like a sports car and cruises like a land yacht. Excellant climate control and sound system. Who says you can't have it all! If I ever do need to replace it, it will be with another GS. Drive in the snow? Use all season tires and the "Snow" button or get an AWD. I hydroplaned once and the stabilization control kicked in and straightened it right out. Yes, performance takes premium gas, but if you want to play you have to pay."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "comfort, all the extras, fun to drive"

Cons: "not the cheapest car to own, maintanance and gas"

"my 2001 lexus gs430 is by far the best car I've ever owned! I don't understand why all cars aren't made for sport and luxury. It is so comfortable, and drives like a dream! I had no idea I would get so much attention from it, especially it being 10 years old when I bought it! It goes to show you, you get what you pay for. My car looks and drives like a brand new car. This will not be the last Lexus I own, that is a fact!"

An all around car for everyone

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, no problems in over 10 years"

Cons: "cramped back seat could use a little more leg room"

"The GS is a comfortable 4-door sedan that is desirable for your grandparents to your grandson. Throw a set of rims on it and it instantly turns into a boy racer. 13 years later, there have been no problems with the car, still drives like it's brand new. With a little TLC it would look like it was bran new too. The V-8 is smooth and powerful and always has more power on tap than you need. A roomy trunk can hold a weekends worth of luggage, even with a huge subwoofer installed. This is probably the best car I have ever owned next to my '87 Cressida. Toyota knows how to make luxury high end cars."

This car is Awesome!!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Drives and handles well with good safety standards!"

Love my Car, is not for sale.

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car"

"I bought it brand new I would say that this is the best investment for a car I have made. It runs like new.I love the smooth, comfort, security, gas mileage,etc. I always get good complements from people. Even though is a 2002 model, still looks nice parked outside."

Timeless design and amazing quality sports sedan

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"My 2003 Lexus GS300 has 110,000 miles on it and it still looks almost brand new inside and out. This car has an amazingly smooth inline 6 that is on par with the similar BMW engine with better overall reliability. The cars interior is extremely quiet even at highway speeds with little to no squeaks or rattles. The car is very soft over bumps, yet stills gives you decent cornering with only moderate body lean. The cars 5 speed automatic transmission is so smooth that shifts go unnoticed. The glove leather seats are both soft and comfortable and the burled walnut accents add class and sophistication. The a/c is very cold and the standard stereo is excellent with great treble and bass."

I LOVE IT!!!!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive,fast,safe,affordable"

Cons: "nothing!!!"

"This car is extremely fun to drive. It's an affordable fast, luxury,reliable and safe car. I bought the Lexus a while ago and can only say for the price you get 20 out of 10 possible. The 4 liter V8 takes you of the line in no time at all. And the gas mileage inst so bad on it either I get about 17-19 combined of course It also matter how you drive yet this car is a BEAST!!!"

What a car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "quality and reliability"

"This is truly an amazing offering from Lexus. Being a Lexus you expect that quality and reliability are the highest rated in the market, My car still drives like a new car and far better than any other luxury car in the market."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals