2000 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 277 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

What a car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "quality and reliability"

"This is truly an amazing offering from Lexus. Being a Lexus you expect that quality and reliability are the highest rated in the market, My car still drives like a new car and far better than any other luxury car in the market."

Very reliable and solid car

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "fun on windy roads because of the suspension and manual tranny option"

Cons: "the emergency brake is easy to hit on accident when getting into the car"

"I've only had one mechanical problem at 185k the water pump went bad. Otherwise just basic maintenance."

Favorite Car

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I love my GS300 - the best car I've ever had (I'm 38). So smooth, great acceleration at speeds 40-80, super quiet, levinson sound system and navigation are top notch. The only down side I've had in my 3 years of ownership: the levinson amp had a short, which made my radio, iPod (3rd party hookup), CD player, etc, not work. The amp was easy to replace myself, but a refurbished replacement part still cost a whopping $480. No other problems. Just a great car that holds its value."

best for the buck

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun and modern bodystyle"

Cons: "they dont put the 1uzfe engines in the newer gs's"

"these cars are amazing. they have a tremendous amount of power so you can baby the thing while your doing 100mph down the highway at 2rpms very comfortable. no other 98' to 02' bodystyle will turn heads like this with toyota v8 reliability."

98 GS 400, 62 and it's best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything, a bargain for what you get"

Cons: "Parts are expensive but rarely needed"

"This car is safe, beautiful, does everything perfectly, and asks nothing in return. Amazing acceleration and braking. Handles like a sports car and cruises like a land yacht. Excellant climate control and sound system. Who says you can't have it all! If I ever do need to replace it, it will be with another GS. Drive in the snow? Use all season tires and the "Snow" button or get an AWD. I hydroplaned once and the stabilization control kicked in and straightened it right out. Yes, performance takes premium gas, but if you want to play you have to pay."

Most Reliable and Fun to Drive

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, unsurpassed quality, comfortable"

Cons: "rear seat doesn't fold down,"

"I bought this car from with a little over 150,000 miles on it, and I feel in love with it the first time I drove it. Its decent on gas for the size of V6 it has, but its hard not to stomp down due to its responsivness. Its reliablity so far has been unsurpassed, I had a 2005 pontiac grand prix previously, which I had to constantly dump money into. The only time this car was in the shop was for my new tires, and oil changes, (dont have a garage yet) My only complaint is that the hood's paint has started peeling , which makes the car look really bad. I plan on keeping this car till it can no longer drive, I dont care if its old, hard to find its quality today."

One word - Awesome!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Very fun and comfortable to drive. Roomy in back."

Cons: "Not the best in the snow, requires snow tires."

"My favorite of all the cars I've owned. Great power, handling, and comfort. Never had a mechanical issue with it, and it's at around 115k miles."

Doesn't get better than this!

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fast, reliable, great interior!"

Cons: "None really! Perhaps could have a bit softer ride."

"I have over 122,000 miles on my GS430 and the car drives like new. I have had every major luxury car before and this is the best by far! Car is very fast and gets amazing (26 MPG)gas mileage on the open road. It would be even better if I'd slow down! I maintain this car exceptionally well as my mechanic says this model is far better than the newer one! Told these can go way over 200K miles. I get offers to sell this car frequently!"

I just came back from Vegas, great ride a pleasure

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Runs great, alway well maintained, looks like new, Still has a great ride. A real good buy...."

A luxury car with Toyota Value and pricing....

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"In early 2011 we bought this car, it had a mere 18608 miles. It was still in great shape despite not being perfectly cared for. Previous owner traded it in at 10 years old. So far, only regular maintenance. We no longer take the car to Lexus for service as they messed up a set of wheels by applying a caustic wheel cleaner. RWD 4 door sedan, 3700 lbs, 300HP 4.3 liter V8, seamless 5 speed auto trans. Whats NOT to love about it? This car will outbrake a Corvette from the same year. Needless to say, that comes at a price. The brake rotors are known for warpage early in thier life and this reared its head at about 25K miles. We had the rotors cut and put back on... things were fine for about 10K when it started doing it again. New rotors and front pads were ordered, and replaced. in the process it was discovered that someone had installed aftermarket pads, and some of the hardware was missing. All of that now fixed it came far cheaper than taking the car to Lexus, and I know the tech who works on my cars. Outside of that... this is an excellent driving machine. I'm a Musclecar fan at heart, but this is more like sport sedan... and I like it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals