1998 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 277 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

Love my Car, is not for sale.

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car"

"I bought it brand new I would say that this is the best investment for a car I have made. It runs like new.I love the smooth, comfort, security, gas mileage,etc. I always get good complements from people. Even though is a 2002 model, still looks nice parked outside."

Couldn't ask for more

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I'm at 224,000 and going strong! Never had an issue over $200. Gimme an 'L', Gimme an 'E'...."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GS!!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, good on gas, looks incredible"

Cons: "There is nothing missing on the car."

"I am stuck on the Lexus brand and will never go anywhere else. The comfortable ride to the premium sound has me stuck. Great job Lexus!!!!"

Love, Love Love It!!!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Drives great, comfortable, and nice looking."

Cons: "Parts can be expensive."

"I purchased this car when it was two years old, I kept it for 9 years until it was totalled in an accident (thankfully no one was hurt)!!! I would have kept it another 9 years if it were not wrecked. It is beautiful inside and out, it rides great (even at 237,000 miles). I am in the market for another one now. This is a high quality,high luxury car."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, great value!"

Cons: "Parts are expensive if not under warranty."

"I got this car because I liked the way it looked and because it was a Lexus I knew it would be made well. What I didn't know was that I would love this car and that I would keep it so long because it was reliable and just an all around great car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great color, Rides quiet"

Cons: "Tan interior,Headlights need polishing"

my parked pride!

"Bought this 1998 GS300 used in 2006 had 56,000 miles in 2011 it has 105,000 I just love my car. Ive only had to replace 2oxygen sensors since I have had car! The only thing the tan interior I never liked it always gets dirty but easy to clean. If I was to trade car in it would be for another GS 300 since 2007 was the last year they were built. So for now I hold on to my GS.... Would recommend car to anyone you'd love also!"

my parked pride!

Great Vehicle to own

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I have to say, I've always loved Toyotas, and when I saw the Lexus come out with the GS 300 series in 1998, I was in love with that style. I finally bought mine in 2000. I've had it since then and its a great car to have. The ride is so smooth and it handles great. Also with gas prices going up, I have to say I love having this car, it's great on gas. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves having a car that is sporty yet formal. Instead of paying so much for a BMW or a Mercedez Benz, you'll get better quality, for a lot less $$$."

Smooth, Fast, Reliable, Sick!

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"This is my fifth car since getting my license. My first 4 cars being a 1999 Nissan Altima, 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon, 1994 Acura Integra and a 1995 Audi 90. As you can see, all 4 of those cars are opposites and in relation to my fifth car, it follows trend and is nothing like the others. As an avid fan of the 4 headlight setup on the 1994-2001 Acura Integra, The GS430 also sports a 4 light model. The styling on this car is absolutely amazing. The way the fenders curve out for the wider tires in the back to the way a chrome line follows the car. Everything is just so in place in tasteful. The taillights offer a since of defining styling characteristics for the vehicle. Obviously this car would never blend in, but the tail lights give the car a nice rear end. The performance of the car is something else. In a 3700 pound+ car with 300 HP/325 lb ft of torque has no problem of taking off from any speed. The true grunt of the vehicle is seen when nailing the throttle from 40mph. The car will get you to 60 in under 6 seconds and be quiet while its doing it. The car is so smooth that the speedo is heavily relied upon for speed. The car doesn't offer a sense of speed. With that in mind, you must be careful driving this vehicle especially on the highway. It can get you into trouble if you don't pay attention to your speed. My GS430 has never spent a day at the shop other than oil changes and scheduled maintance. Nothing has ever failed for no abrupt reason. The cars reliability is a true testiment to its build quality. The car handles well for what it is and the VSC system does a great job of minimizing tire spin. ECT Snow option is available and will allow the car to start out from stops in 2nd gear to allow traction to be more easily attained. Flipping the ECT power button however unleashes the beast that is under that hood, however will also lower your gas mileage. Overall I say this is a perfect car for anyone as long as you are responsible and don't drive it like you stole it. It truely is a beautiful piece of machinary. Learn to respect it and care for it and it will do the same to you. A+."

a keeper

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"I purchased my car new & it has about 147,000 miles & is still going strong. Other than the display on the radio slowing fading out, we have never had any major issues. This car handles like a dream & my husband loves to drive it as well. If you change the oil regularly & keep it serviced, this car will last a very long time. We plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

air mass sensor needs to be replaced

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

"the car has misfire of the camshaft"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals