2014 Lexus ES Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,890 - $35,881.

10/8.4

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Great value for the money. Fantastic ride.

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Great car for 40 grand plus. And it drives like it"

Cons: "My wife loves the cup holders in the front."

"This is my 3td Lexus ES,300,330, and this 350.There just great cars for short distances 15, 20 miles. Or 350 miles. When you get out the car it's like you just got off the sofa with a steering wheel in you hand. Everything about it say's come drive me. So far I've gotten 25mpg city, 31mpg hwy, 28mpg combined. This car is very easy to drive."

My third Lexus, but first ES

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "ride, quite, regular gas, quality"

"I've had two IS's, but decided to get the ES when they changed the body style. This is not only a great looking car, but very comfortable. I know, from my previous Lexus' that the quality and dependability is there. There is so much more room and the ride and quitness of the car is unbelievable. Gas mileage (on regular gas) is as good as the IS. For a Luxury car, the price can't be beat."

Not so good

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks great. Good MPG. love the door lock system."

Cons: "Noisy, uncomfortable, cup holder driver side to h"

"I owned a 2003 Toyota Avalon before I bought this car. The Lexus doesn't even come close to my old Avalon. This car rides to low, you can hear the road firestone tires is the reason, Michelin would be a better choice. You can feel the vibration right through the car mostly when it ideals. The front driver seat area is cramped and uncomfortable. The negation system is complicated and most of it you will never use, especially Enform. Tickets to the theater and restraints reservation, not were I live and Pandora, why ? when you have other tools. The sound system was terrible because of the road noise. This is not a road car more a city car. The trouble is that this is probably the top car in its class. My fault as I never tried the new Avalon."

Way under rated by consumers reports!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Great value, class, and quality"

Cons: "None so far"

"Best luxury car in it's class by far! Drive and ride is superior to BMW and Mercedes which drove and rode like a riding mower going down a gravel road. Cabin is quiet and plush. Instrument panel and interior is sophisticated but not complicated. Quality is evident all around. Great value compared to others!"

Great merge of a hybrid and luxury car

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Ample acceleration even uphill"

Cons: "Large profile does not fit easliy in parking space"

"This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The car is well-appointed with many of the qualities you find in a correspondingly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is remarkably smooth, serene and tranquil; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration outstanding and astonishingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 40 miles per gallon. The front seats are amazingly exquisite with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room. The new exterior profile is far from uninteresting or dull and the spindle grill adds to the overall ambience of excellence. Overall, money well spent to get the best of its class."

I love, love my new car

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "The new body style, interior, options, price, ride"

"My 2013 ES350 has so much to offer for the price. I looked at the Infiniti, Benz, and BMW and the options that I have blow them out of the water. The ride is quiet and the interior is sleek, sophisticated, and well thought out by Lexus. This is my 1st Lexus but won't be my last. Enjoying it to the Max!"

This Lexus is an outstanding value for the money!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and luxurious!"

Cons: "No negatives, required service is only once a year"

"We love this car. It drives great and has all the bells and whistles that make driving a mid-size luxury vehicle a rewarding experience. My wife has taken it away from me. Be sure and get the upgraded wheels, the GPS and the Mark Levinson sounds system. The Technology will blow you away. I can call up the weather, it will read me my e-mails, I can look up my stocks and I have already downloaded all of my tunes from my I-phone into the Lexus. Also, don't think that it doesn't have enough power, it does all the while getting 21 in town and 29 on the road. Fabulous vehicle!!"

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

Great Car - quiet and smooth all the way.

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "great overall value"

Cons: "some interior surfaces could be nicer"

"Just hit 1250 miles and I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the car. No road noise, great sound system, easy controls, nice luxury features and great mileage at 30 hwy.I shopped a lot and the ES is better value than Acura or Infiniti."

A welcome family addition.

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "The car"

Cons: "Only a snooty cat could tell."

"Disappointment in "wow" factor? - absolutely NOT! Having driven many of the top end US and off shore vehicles, nothing compares to the smooth ride of the Lexus ES 300h. Traded in a 335i BMW (super awsome and fun car to drive), and was looking for something that spoke highly of probable reliability (new model - however previous ES's are highly regarded by mechanics and owners alike), thoughtful design, sizeable interior (im 6'3"), comfort, ... and the list goes on. Ride is smooth (yet there is some feedback from the road - which i prefer), turning sharp (enough to not feel like you are swaying in a boat), seats oh so comfortable (got the nulux which I think are softer), navigation intuitive (some don't like it due to the cursor, but I think it is easy to use. Much better than constantly cleaning off greasy finger prints from a touch interface - or worse, not cleaning them and always seeing them). Back up camera, BPM (blind spot monitoring), Park assit, auto headlights/wipers, memory seats and steering column (can be linked to individual keys), and more are all wonderful features. Many cars come with these nowadays, but Lexus just makes them flow. Test drove a Camry Hybrid, same engine, and they both felt like they had similar pickup in normal mode, but add sport mode to only the lexus, and the lexus blows the camry out of the water. In fact, the two cars are only comparable when looking at the engine in normal mode. Otherwise, they are a completely different car. Considered Lincoln MKZ hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, and sonata hybrid. Im not a Ford guy, sorry, so I didn't even test drive the fords, and the sonata lacked innovation, exteriorly, interiorly, and inwardly. Back to the Lexus. Good enough trunk space, nice roomy interior (rather give passengers more room than my luggage), and did I say this is a GREAT car? It is a GREAT car. There. Actually enjoyed going out to run errands because I got to drive it. Nuff said! Just go and test drive it. (For those who are not familiar with Hybrids, it is normal to feel the engine kick on when you go from a stop. I have a prius too, and that transition is obvious. WIth the lexus, it is more subtle, but is there. After the start, accelerating is smooth. Also, hybrid brakes are not meant to be slammed on. You need to brake earlier and longer to help regenerate the battery as well as have a soft stop. Stops can get jerky if you like to ride others's tails.)"