2014 Lexus ES Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,012 - $35,955.

10/8.4

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

good luxury hybrid

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride; roomy vehicle"

Cons: "no compartment for sunglasses"

"had my Acura TL for 10 years and mileage getting up there. Wanted better gas mileage. considered Tesla but wife too nervous about new technology. ES300h nice compromise. good pick up and has very smooth ride. kids love the large back seat (much bigger than TL). getting used to hybrid system, but have been in low 40's with premium fuel. so far no problems but is early. love the technology package. excellent sound system (my dtr is phono-phile and she likes it). miss compartment for sunglasses but only minor complaint. Probably over paid but compared to Tesla, still cheap."

Wonderful!!!!!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "All around great! Uses REGULAR Gas with high MPG"

Cons: "N O N E"

"I owned a 2008 and thought that it could not be beat. Purchased a 2013 ES350 Ultra and it is wonderful! If I wanted to nit-pick......A little noise from tires at high speeds(7o+). I'll fix that when I replace tires, hopefully not for 20,000 more miles."

Love this car.

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Ride is very smooth."

Cons: "Radio/screen interface could be better"

"I had a 2013 Acura TSX I traded in for this Lexus ES300h because the Acura rode so stiff. I've owned many Toyotas, Hondas and Acuras and this is by far my favorite. The hybrid was only $1800 more than the non and I figure I will break even in about 3 years with $3.50 gas. I generally keep cars about 10 years so I should save A LOT over that time. I love the ride."

Toyota skimped on this ine

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks - Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Lousy Radio somewhat over priced"

"Gas Mileage great at 37 average. Has lots of bells and whistles as standard more if you want to pay. Good pick up for a Hybrid - Too soon to tell on reliability. Standard radio stinks on a car this expensive. Interior is above average well thought out."

I love this car more than my last 3

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"quiet ,comfortable,powerful.....can only criticize the armrest i.e. storage space to right of driver.....placed too far back & not easy to get into"

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

First Lexus. Excellent quality. Few design quirks.

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality. Good acceleration for hybrid."

Cons: "Limited storage. Quirky controller/mouse interface"

"I have had the ES300h hybrid for about a year. Just did a 1700 mile trip in two days and averaged 37.6 mpg. Comfortable except that driver's seat bottom could use more cushion. The Navigation/audio would be easier to use if there was a touch screen option. The mouse/controller stick is a bit quirky and sometimes you have to go through 3 or 4 clicks to get to where you want to. The CVT transmission seems to be too noisy when accelerating at 50mph or above. The Nissan Altima CVT seems more sophisticated and makes less noise at higher speed acceleration. Back seat is a little too low for adults for long mileage trips...but there is plenty of space back there. Front seats are very widely adjustable for comfort...except for lack of padding on the seat bottom. One thing that is a little peculiar...I started with 42 mpg in the ECO mode and it had slowly declined to about 38...probably because of more aggressive driving as I have gotten more comfortable with the car and not so focused on the top end of the hybrid mpg possibilities. Since then, I have switched to Normal mode for better acceleration (which is excellent-comparable to a V-6) and mpg runs around 36-37 both in town and on highway. You get to use regular gas, which is a big cost advantage. Overall an excellent vehicle."

Best luxury vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "N/A"

"This lexus es 350 ride smooth and very quiet. Looks very luxury and sporty. Lots of room inside . By far better than a BMW, Mercedes, Audi (four circle). I have own all 3 vehicle including my lexus es350 and I am locked in for life on my Lexus"

POSIBLY THE BEST LUXURY CAR ON THE MARKET IN THIS

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "LOOKS, FEATURES, AND A TRUE LUXURY CAR,"

Cons: "NOTHING AT ALL. ITS PERFECT"

"THE TOTAL PAKAGE, LUXURY, LOOKS, HANDLING AND RELIABILITY. WHY BUY ANYTHING ELSE. THE HYBRID IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC, THE ENVY OF ALL OTHER LUXURY CAR MAKERS."

The BEST CAR on the MARKET

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Own this car and I know. This is the best car on the market bellow $50k. BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti drive like an old junk when you compare them to this new Lexus ES350. PS. If you see the review with less than 10 stars here, that means the person who posted it, can only dream about having the car like new Lexus ES350 and is so jealous that he posts negative comments."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next