2013 Lexus ES

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

The 2014 Lexus ES 300h is an excellent vehicle

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy and power for a full size"

Cons: "Body style looks like a Camry 2007 from side view"

"I truly believe that the Lexus ES 300h is an excellent vehicle. It provides an excellent luxury for its class that includes real bamboo inlays inside. It had provide an average mpg of 37.5 since I purchased the vehicle brand new. It has power when you want it as you can move the dial knob to sport and you can feel the difference. The cabin space has plenty of room for four large adults. One thing that I wish that this card would have the same brake lights than the Lexus HS 250h because it makes it look more sporty. Overall, is an excellent vehicle."

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

Great MPG 41+ but Mark Levinson audio is horrible!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "great MPG for such a large sedan, very comfortable"

Cons: "poor audio system and cup holder will not hold mug"

"The car is one of the best I have ever owned, but the quality control that allowed them to ship it with a defective speaker and poor stitching on the seats is a disappointment for $50K car. The interior is well made and the quality is above average. All the things you would expect from a Lexus. Now the disappointment, the dealership service loves voice mail. DON'T SPEND THE EXTRA for the Mark Levinson audio it is not worth the price. The sub-woofer is defective and being replaced, as soon as someone answers the phone. The dealer parked another brand new one next to mine to test and it had the same rattle and blown out speaker defect!!!"

Great Car - quiet and smooth all the way.

By on Monday, November 5, 2012

Pros: "great overall value"

Cons: "some interior surfaces could be nicer"

"Just hit 1250 miles and I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the car. No road noise, great sound system, easy controls, nice luxury features and great mileage at 30 hwy.I shopped a lot and the ES is better value than Acura or Infiniti."

Great merge of a hybrid and luxury car

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Ample acceleration even uphill"

Cons: "Large profile does not fit easliy in parking space"

"This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The car is well-appointed with many of the qualities you find in a correspondingly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is remarkably smooth, serene and tranquil; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration outstanding and astonishingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 40 miles per gallon. The front seats are amazingly exquisite with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room. The new exterior profile is far from uninteresting or dull and the spindle grill adds to the overall ambience of excellence. Overall, money well spent to get the best of its class."

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

Follow Up re FM Reception: Great Now / Audio Tips

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything so far . . ."

Cons: "You still have to pay for it."

"When Lexus called to see how I liked the car (they really DO care) they taught me I can use the equalizer setting for FM and it will remember it, and separately, it will remember my equalizer settings for other media sources like my iPod touch and Satellite radio (subscription included at no extra charge for a while). It also remembers volume settings for these sources. (I didn't get to that part in the feature rich manual studies 101, yet when posting an earlier review; sorry.) Hint I DID research: without the navigation system you have a multiple disc CD changer. WITH the navigation system (which I'm glad I have), it only loads ONE CD (or DVD). (Does anyone use CD's anymore? LOL) Hope this helps."

Glad I Got It!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Style, quiet, confidence in safety and reliability"

Cons: "Audio FM reception"

"This car is fun to experience with all the electronics and style and quiet. Has plenty of acceleration for freeway entrance in Sport mode. Blind spot side-mirrors are very helpful. Navigation system provides great job with advance warnings AND images of upcoming turns.(I had a 1998 Avalon I bought new before this; the 2013 Avalons look like a shark to me from the front with teeth in the lower grill, so I sprung for the Lexus.) I expect to keep it 15 years, so got the extended warranty. One con I've discovered so far: audio FM reception is inferior and has low volume compared to satellite stations. Too bad it doesn't "normalize" the volume output when changing from one to the other. Lots to learn via 3 inches thick all in English manuals."

My third Lexus, but first ES

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "ride, quite, regular gas, quality"

"I've had two IS's, but decided to get the ES when they changed the body style. This is not only a great looking car, but very comfortable. I know, from my previous Lexus' that the quality and dependability is there. There is so much more room and the ride and quitness of the car is unbelievable. Gas mileage (on regular gas) is as good as the IS. For a Luxury car, the price can't be beat."