2013 Lexus ES

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

Great Car - quiet and smooth all the way.

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "great overall value"

Cons: "some interior surfaces could be nicer"

"Just hit 1250 miles and I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the car. No road noise, great sound system, easy controls, nice luxury features and great mileage at 30 hwy.I shopped a lot and the ES is better value than Acura or Infiniti."

A welcome family addition.

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "The car"

Cons: "Only a snooty cat could tell."

"Disappointment in "wow" factor? - absolutely NOT! Having driven many of the top end US and off shore vehicles, nothing compares to the smooth ride of the Lexus ES 300h. Traded in a 335i BMW (super awsome and fun car to drive), and was looking for something that spoke highly of probable reliability (new model - however previous ES's are highly regarded by mechanics and owners alike), thoughtful design, sizeable interior (im 6'3"), comfort, ... and the list goes on. Ride is smooth (yet there is some feedback from the road - which i prefer), turning sharp (enough to not feel like you are swaying in a boat), seats oh so comfortable (got the nulux which I think are softer), navigation intuitive (some don't like it due to the cursor, but I think it is easy to use. Much better than constantly cleaning off greasy finger prints from a touch interface - or worse, not cleaning them and always seeing them). Back up camera, BPM (blind spot monitoring), Park assit, auto headlights/wipers, memory seats and steering column (can be linked to individual keys), and more are all wonderful features. Many cars come with these nowadays, but Lexus just makes them flow. Test drove a Camry Hybrid, same engine, and they both felt like they had similar pickup in normal mode, but add sport mode to only the lexus, and the lexus blows the camry out of the water. In fact, the two cars are only comparable when looking at the engine in normal mode. Otherwise, they are a completely different car. Considered Lincoln MKZ hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, and sonata hybrid. Im not a Ford guy, sorry, so I didn't even test drive the fords, and the sonata lacked innovation, exteriorly, interiorly, and inwardly. Back to the Lexus. Good enough trunk space, nice roomy interior (rather give passengers more room than my luggage), and did I say this is a GREAT car? It is a GREAT car. There. Actually enjoyed going out to run errands because I got to drive it. Nuff said! Just go and test drive it. (For those who are not familiar with Hybrids, it is normal to feel the engine kick on when you go from a stop. I have a prius too, and that transition is obvious. WIth the lexus, it is more subtle, but is there. After the start, accelerating is smooth. Also, hybrid brakes are not meant to be slammed on. You need to brake earlier and longer to help regenerate the battery as well as have a soft stop. Stops can get jerky if you like to ride others's tails.)"

A Remarkable Achievement

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style, performance, and value"

Cons: "Should have 18in tires as standard equipment"

"The ES 300h represents a remarkable achievement by Lexus Engineers and Designers. Having owned other Lexus models to include the LS, GS, SC, RX, and ES, nothing equals this latest offering. It is the perfect marriage of luxury, comfort, performance, advanced technology, value, and style. From gorgeous styling cues to exacting aerodynamics to a well executed interior, everything seems to work in harmony to create a fun and extremely satisfying driving experience. While I've only had this vehicle for a short time it has exceeded all my expectations and should prove to be one of the most popular vehicles Lexus has ever produced."

I really love this car and that surprises me!

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "comfort, drive, economy, looks, interior features."

Cons: "Still looking for them!!"

"Traded out of a 2010 Range Rover sport which I loved. Thinking about saving the planet and money! Expected to drift off into middle aged boredom driving this car but that just hasn't been the case. Car is really comfortable and altho driving a hybrid demands a different style of driving I'm thoroughly used to it. Have had the car for 23 days and everyone comments on how beautiful it looks. General comfort and interior features are excellent. Got 562 miles on first tank of gas so getting over 40mpg which is very impressive. Do yourself a favor and if you are in the market for a hybrid at very least test drive this car."

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next