2013 Lexus ES

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

I love this car more than my last 3

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"quiet ,comfortable,powerful.....can only criticize the armrest i.e. storage space to right of driver.....placed too far back & not easy to get into"

Follow Up re FM Reception: Great Now / Audio Tips

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything so far . . ."

Cons: "You still have to pay for it."

"When Lexus called to see how I liked the car (they really DO care) they taught me I can use the equalizer setting for FM and it will remember it, and separately, it will remember my equalizer settings for other media sources like my iPod touch and Satellite radio (subscription included at no extra charge for a while). It also remembers volume settings for these sources. (I didn't get to that part in the feature rich manual studies 101, yet when posting an earlier review; sorry.) Hint I DID research: without the navigation system you have a multiple disc CD changer. WITH the navigation system (which I'm glad I have), it only loads ONE CD (or DVD). (Does anyone use CD's anymore? LOL) Hope this helps."

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

My third Lexus, but first ES

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "ride, quite, regular gas, quality"

"I've had two IS's, but decided to get the ES when they changed the body style. This is not only a great looking car, but very comfortable. I know, from my previous Lexus' that the quality and dependability is there. There is so much more room and the ride and quitness of the car is unbelievable. Gas mileage (on regular gas) is as good as the IS. For a Luxury car, the price can't be beat."