2013 Lexus ES

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

not like my 2008 es

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "good ride"

Cons: "not as quiet as past"

"not as good as past"

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

awesome in black but hard to keep clean. Always

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Sweet"

Cons: "Hard to keep clean"

"Handwash only. Better than new. Two chrome side moldings accent this car."

Cheap Cheap!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Cheap lease, reliability, looks good"

Cons: "Loud, ride, plastic everywhere, seat coolers"

"This is my 3rd ES. The others 05 and 09 had a quality of build far beyond the 2014. Lots've plastic. The Seat Coolers are WORTHLESS and Lexus told me to put the AC vent on the floor to make them work ... NOT. You can hear the road and feel the bumps not so in the 09. Closing the doors sounds like a piece of tin.Thank god it's a lease can't wait to turn it in! Last Lexus I will buy ..."

Nice appearing and handling car

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage 41, Handling excellent, appearance"

Cons: "Almost too quiet"

"If you want a car that turns heads and gets good mileage, try this one."

good luxury hybrid

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride; roomy vehicle"

Cons: "no compartment for sunglasses"

"had my Acura TL for 10 years and mileage getting up there. Wanted better gas mileage. considered Tesla but wife too nervous about new technology. ES300h nice compromise. good pick up and has very smooth ride. kids love the large back seat (much bigger than TL). getting used to hybrid system, but have been in low 40's with premium fuel. so far no problems but is early. love the technology package. excellent sound system (my dtr is phono-phile and she likes it). miss compartment for sunglasses but only minor complaint. Probably over paid but compared to Tesla, still cheap."

Wonderful!!!!!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "All around great! Uses REGULAR Gas with high MPG"

Cons: "N O N E"

"I owned a 2008 and thought that it could not be beat. Purchased a 2013 ES350 Ultra and it is wonderful! If I wanted to nit-pick......A little noise from tires at high speeds(7o+). I'll fix that when I replace tires, hopefully not for 20,000 more miles."

Love this car.

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Ride is very smooth."

Cons: "Radio/screen interface could be better"

"I had a 2013 Acura TSX I traded in for this Lexus ES300h because the Acura rode so stiff. I've owned many Toyotas, Hondas and Acuras and this is by far my favorite. The hybrid was only $1800 more than the non and I figure I will break even in about 3 years with $3.50 gas. I generally keep cars about 10 years so I should save A LOT over that time. I love the ride."

Toyota skimped on this ine

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks - Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Lousy Radio somewhat over priced"

"Gas Mileage great at 37 average. Has lots of bells and whistles as standard more if you want to pay. Good pick up for a Hybrid - Too soon to tell on reliability. Standard radio stinks on a car this expensive. Interior is above average well thought out."

I love this car more than my last 3

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"quiet ,comfortable,powerful.....can only criticize the armrest i.e. storage space to right of driver.....placed too far back & not easy to get into"

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

First Lexus. Excellent quality. Few design quirks.

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality. Good acceleration for hybrid."

Cons: "Limited storage. Quirky controller/mouse interface"

"I have had the ES300h hybrid for about a year. Just did a 1700 mile trip in two days and averaged 37.6 mpg. Comfortable except that driver's seat bottom could use more cushion. The Navigation/audio would be easier to use if there was a touch screen option. The mouse/controller stick is a bit quirky and sometimes you have to go through 3 or 4 clicks to get to where you want to. The CVT transmission seems to be too noisy when accelerating at 50mph or above. The Nissan Altima CVT seems more sophisticated and makes less noise at higher speed acceleration. Back seat is a little too low for adults for long mileage trips...but there is plenty of space back there. Front seats are very widely adjustable for comfort...except for lack of padding on the seat bottom. One thing that is a little peculiar...I started with 42 mpg in the ECO mode and it had slowly declined to about 38...probably because of more aggressive driving as I have gotten more comfortable with the car and not so focused on the top end of the hybrid mpg possibilities. Since then, I have switched to Normal mode for better acceleration (which is excellent-comparable to a V-6) and mpg runs around 36-37 both in town and on highway. You get to use regular gas, which is a big cost advantage. Overall an excellent vehicle."

Best luxury vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "N/A"

"This lexus es 350 ride smooth and very quiet. Looks very luxury and sporty. Lots of room inside . By far better than a BMW, Mercedes, Audi (four circle). I have own all 3 vehicle including my lexus es350 and I am locked in for life on my Lexus"

POSIBLY THE BEST LUXURY CAR ON THE MARKET IN THIS

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "LOOKS, FEATURES, AND A TRUE LUXURY CAR,"

Cons: "NOTHING AT ALL. ITS PERFECT"

"THE TOTAL PAKAGE, LUXURY, LOOKS, HANDLING AND RELIABILITY. WHY BUY ANYTHING ELSE. THE HYBRID IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC, THE ENVY OF ALL OTHER LUXURY CAR MAKERS."

Gorgeous/comfortable/responsive/uses Regular Gas

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

"Previously owned a 2008 ES350 which was wonderful. The 2013 is perfect. The ride is slightly harder which is due to the 19" tires. The look of the car certainly overrides this detail. All in all it's great. Very responsive AND IT USES REGULAR gas. The 2008 used ULTRA."

Bought and Sold it in 2 MONTHS!!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Reason: BOOOORRRRINNNGGG!

Pros: "Smooth, Reliable"

Cons: "Boring, Front Seat Bottoms HURT!!!"

"Very simple. Car is too boring. Car is too big. Car's front bottom cushion seats DIG into my legs/thighs - they are very hard and pronounced. NO STORAGE! Where do I put my cell phone? PROS: VERY VERY VERY VERY SMOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Extremely reliable!!!!!!!!! I was contemplating keeping the car 2 years until I saw the car 6 times on the road and every time was an older woman (sorry - for those older women reading this) NOT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!! Took the loss and traded it for a German car."

Treat yourself

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "still on my 1st tank of gas"

Cons: "not AWD"

"I was a car accident in my 2013 RX 350 base model. I was able to either get another RX or a fully loaded 2014 ES Hybrid. Best choice I ever made. This car is truly amazing the app sute options makes using the navigation system very simple. If you are able to own this car you will not be disappointed."

Better than Chevy SS and Lincoln MKZ

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "."

Cons: "."

"IMO, it is better than the 415 hp SS and the 300 hp MKZ."

Not quiet at all !!!!

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

"Very disappointed for this ES350, it's 19km now. I bought it for its serene and comfortable reputation, this vehicle is not quite at lot. 1. The car vibrates when it stopped and the engine is engaged, the vibration makes me so uncomfortable that I have to switch to neutral whenever stopping before traffic light. I took it to dealer to check, I was told it's rotor's problem. I don't think that's the case because it vibrates also when I don't press breaker. 2. The driver side exterior rear mirror creates annoying high frequency noise when the speed is over 100km/h. After spending lots of time, I found that it was caused by the gap between the mirror and its base. I used electric tape to wrap the gap, the noise disappeared. I took the car to dealer to adjust, I was told the gap is normal, and they put the tape back!!! 3. Wind and tire noisy is noticeable and unpleasant even when the speed is less than 80km/h."

Sweet Ride

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Really comfortable. Cool technology, reg gas!!"

Cons: "none yet."

"Got the 2014 in Fire Agate, ES300h. Price just $100 more than the 2013 edition,but little to no changes overall. We got the luxury package with the navigation system. The cars at this level come with rain sensing wipers (works great), blind spot monitors, parking assist etc. Able to get the list price down by about $2700. The 2 sets of key fobs remembers the individuals seat, mirrors and steering wheel position along with the temperature setting. The technology is very interesting. When you get a text, it reads it to you, nice feature. Supposed to have a reply feature with 15 prescripted responses, but according to Lexus that feature not enabled by Apple yet??? It automatically plays my iTunes with one touch of a button, another nice feature. Getting 37 mpg and this car is built to use regular gas. With the 17 gal tank it specs to over 600miles per tankful."

No regrets - love this car!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "Cursor just a little tricky to get used to"

"After test driving every model available - I selected the Lexus 300h in Nebula Pearl with black interior. I selected every option including the aniline leather seats for under 50K this is by far a great deal. I spend a lot of time in my vehicle and could not be more impressed with this car. I have not had any issues with the sound system as reported by others. My husband is 6'6" and has plenty of legroom in the front and back. I am not typically the type to gush over my car but I am now!!"

No regrets - love this car!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "Cursor just a little tricky to get used to"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "comfort, mileage, ride, technology works great"

Cons: "none so far"

"Had driven Lexus LS model for years, went to Audi A8 for the all-wheel drive. Audi was in the shop multiple times per year for mechanical problems. Looked around at a lot of full size cars (I am 6' 5") and was ready to buy the Lexus RX 450h when I test drove the ES 300h. I was stunned. Plenty of room, drove very well, had every technological and convenience feature I wanted, and was half the cost of the Audi. I have had the car about 4 months, am averaging just under 40 mpg (39.7). I do a fair amount of highway driving so I am very pleased with the mileage. Quality is exactly what you would expect from Lexus. Voice command is much improved over prior years for Lexus, ride is very smooth, and the pickup etc. is outstanding - I forget I am driving a 4 cylinder car."

Great value for the money. Fantastic ride.

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Great car for 40 grand plus. And it drives like it"

Cons: "My wife loves the cup holders in the front."

"This is my 3td Lexus ES,300,330, and this 350.There just great cars for short distances 15, 20 miles. Or 350 miles. When you get out the car it's like you just got off the sofa with a steering wheel in you hand. Everything about it say's come drive me. So far I've gotten 25mpg city, 31mpg hwy, 28mpg combined. This car is very easy to drive."

My third Lexus, but first ES

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "ride, quite, regular gas, quality"

"I've had two IS's, but decided to get the ES when they changed the body style. This is not only a great looking car, but very comfortable. I know, from my previous Lexus' that the quality and dependability is there. There is so much more room and the ride and quitness of the car is unbelievable. Gas mileage (on regular gas) is as good as the IS. For a Luxury car, the price can't be beat."