2013 Lexus ES

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

No regrets - love this car!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "Cursor just a little tricky to get used to"

"After test driving every model available - I selected the Lexus 300h in Nebula Pearl with black interior. I selected every option including the aniline leather seats for under 50K this is by far a great deal. I spend a lot of time in my vehicle and could not be more impressed with this car. I have not had any issues with the sound system as reported by others. My husband is 6'6" and has plenty of legroom in the front and back. I am not typically the type to gush over my car but I am now!!"

Great Car TONS OF LEGROOM

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "GREAT LEGROOM, AMAZING DRIVE"

Cons: "NO CONS"

"The 2014 Lexus ES has AMAZING legroom. It has 40 inches of rear legroom! It also has 41 inches of front legroom! Its is very comfortable and has great amenities, like the Mark Levinson Audio system, 14 speakers, and sounds amazing!!! Great ride and shifts very smooth. Buy this car! GO LEXUS ES!!! THE BEST, BIGGEST, MOST AMAZING SEDAN ON THE ROAD, (FOR ITS PRICE AND LUXURIOUS FEELING)!!! IF YOU HAVE THE EXTRA CASH TO SPEND, GET THE LS460 L. IT'S SO NICE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE 2014 LEXUS ES HAS MORE LEGROOM THAN THE 2014 LEXUS LS460 (SHORT WHEEL BASE)!!!"

Great merge of a hybrid and luxury car

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Ample acceleration even uphill"

Cons: "Large profile does not fit easliy in parking space"

"This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The car is well-appointed with many of the qualities you find in a correspondingly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is remarkably smooth, serene and tranquil; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration outstanding and astonishingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 40 miles per gallon. The front seats are amazingly exquisite with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room. The new exterior profile is far from uninteresting or dull and the spindle grill adds to the overall ambience of excellence. Overall, money well spent to get the best of its class."

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

Sweet Ride

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Really comfortable. Cool technology, reg gas!!"

Cons: "none yet."

"Got the 2014 in Fire Agate, ES300h. Price just $100 more than the 2013 edition,but little to no changes overall. We got the luxury package with the navigation system. The cars at this level come with rain sensing wipers (works great), blind spot monitors, parking assist etc. Able to get the list price down by about $2700. The 2 sets of key fobs remembers the individuals seat, mirrors and steering wheel position along with the temperature setting. The technology is very interesting. When you get a text, it reads it to you, nice feature. Supposed to have a reply feature with 15 prescripted responses, but according to Lexus that feature not enabled by Apple yet??? It automatically plays my iTunes with one touch of a button, another nice feature. Getting 37 mpg and this car is built to use regular gas. With the 17 gal tank it specs to over 600miles per tankful."

This Lexus is an outstanding value for the money!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and luxurious!"

Cons: "No negatives, required service is only once a year"

"We love this car. It drives great and has all the bells and whistles that make driving a mid-size luxury vehicle a rewarding experience. My wife has taken it away from me. Be sure and get the upgraded wheels, the GPS and the Mark Levinson sounds system. The Technology will blow you away. I can call up the weather, it will read me my e-mails, I can look up my stocks and I have already downloaded all of my tunes from my I-phone into the Lexus. Also, don't think that it doesn't have enough power, it does all the while getting 21 in town and 29 on the road. Fabulous vehicle!!"

Way under rated by consumers reports!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Great value, class, and quality"

Cons: "None so far"

"Best luxury car in it's class by far! Drive and ride is superior to BMW and Mercedes which drove and rode like a riding mower going down a gravel road. Cabin is quiet and plush. Instrument panel and interior is sophisticated but not complicated. Quality is evident all around. Great value compared to others!"

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

Glad I Got It!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Style, quiet, confidence in safety and reliability"

Cons: "Audio FM reception"

"This car is fun to experience with all the electronics and style and quiet. Has plenty of acceleration for freeway entrance in Sport mode. Blind spot side-mirrors are very helpful. Navigation system provides great job with advance warnings AND images of upcoming turns.(I had a 1998 Avalon I bought new before this; the 2013 Avalons look like a shark to me from the front with teeth in the lower grill, so I sprung for the Lexus.) I expect to keep it 15 years, so got the extended warranty. One con I've discovered so far: audio FM reception is inferior and has low volume compared to satellite stations. Too bad it doesn't "normalize" the volume output when changing from one to the other. Lots to learn via 3 inches thick all in English manuals."

Great Car - quiet and smooth all the way.

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "great overall value"

Cons: "some interior surfaces could be nicer"

"Just hit 1250 miles and I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the car. No road noise, great sound system, easy controls, nice luxury features and great mileage at 30 hwy.I shopped a lot and the ES is better value than Acura or Infiniti."

I love this car more than my last 3

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"quiet ,comfortable,powerful.....can only criticize the armrest i.e. storage space to right of driver.....placed too far back & not easy to get into"

Excedllent vehicle

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "good build quality, comfort and reliabilty"

Cons: "Somewhat stiff ride"

"My ES350 is a quiet ,luxurious automobile with outstanding comfort. After driving 300 miles I can get out of the car feeling fresh with no back stiffness. The highway ride is excellent. However, riding around the city with uneven road surfaces produces a somewhat stiff ride. The ride went from excellent in my 2008 Lexus to average in 2014. I also find the Navigation system to be distracting. Overall, I would still recommend this vehicle for its outstanding reliability, good looks and comfort."

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

My third Lexus, but first ES

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "ride, quite, regular gas, quality"

"I've had two IS's, but decided to get the ES when they changed the body style. This is not only a great looking car, but very comfortable. I know, from my previous Lexus' that the quality and dependability is there. There is so much more room and the ride and quitness of the car is unbelievable. Gas mileage (on regular gas) is as good as the IS. For a Luxury car, the price can't be beat."

Follow Up re FM Reception: Great Now / Audio Tips

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything so far . . ."

Cons: "You still have to pay for it."

"When Lexus called to see how I liked the car (they really DO care) they taught me I can use the equalizer setting for FM and it will remember it, and separately, it will remember my equalizer settings for other media sources like my iPod touch and Satellite radio (subscription included at no extra charge for a while). It also remembers volume settings for these sources. (I didn't get to that part in the feature rich manual studies 101, yet when posting an earlier review; sorry.) Hint I DID research: without the navigation system you have a multiple disc CD changer. WITH the navigation system (which I'm glad I have), it only loads ONE CD (or DVD). (Does anyone use CD's anymore? LOL) Hope this helps."

I love, love my new car

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "The new body style, interior, options, price, ride"

"My 2013 ES350 has so much to offer for the price. I looked at the Infiniti, Benz, and BMW and the options that I have blow them out of the water. The ride is quiet and the interior is sleek, sophisticated, and well thought out by Lexus. This is my 1st Lexus but won't be my last. Enjoying it to the Max!"

Great MPG 41+ but Mark Levinson audio is horrible!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "great MPG for such a large sedan, very comfortable"

Cons: "poor audio system and cup holder will not hold mug"

"The car is one of the best I have ever owned, but the quality control that allowed them to ship it with a defective speaker and poor stitching on the seats is a disappointment for $50K car. The interior is well made and the quality is above average. All the things you would expect from a Lexus. Now the disappointment, the dealership service loves voice mail. DON'T SPEND THE EXTRA for the Mark Levinson audio it is not worth the price. The sub-woofer is defective and being replaced, as soon as someone answers the phone. The dealer parked another brand new one next to mine to test and it had the same rattle and blown out speaker defect!!!"

Smooth as silk and very quiet

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg in a luxury car"

Cons: "Leather not standard"

"Really enjoy my new ES300h.....gets 41 mpg so far in mixed driving.....car is really a nice machine with suprisingly good pick up.....lots of features......worth the premium to the ES350"

Best luxury vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "N/A"

"This lexus es 350 ride smooth and very quiet. Looks very luxury and sporty. Lots of room inside . By far better than a BMW, Mercedes, Audi (four circle). I have own all 3 vehicle including my lexus es350 and I am locked in for life on my Lexus"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "comfort, mileage, ride, technology works great"

Cons: "none so far"

"Had driven Lexus LS model for years, went to Audi A8 for the all-wheel drive. Audi was in the shop multiple times per year for mechanical problems. Looked around at a lot of full size cars (I am 6' 5") and was ready to buy the Lexus RX 450h when I test drove the ES 300h. I was stunned. Plenty of room, drove very well, had every technological and convenience feature I wanted, and was half the cost of the Audi. I have had the car about 4 months, am averaging just under 40 mpg (39.7). I do a fair amount of highway driving so I am very pleased with the mileage. Quality is exactly what you would expect from Lexus. Voice command is much improved over prior years for Lexus, ride is very smooth, and the pickup etc. is outstanding - I forget I am driving a 4 cylinder car."

A Remarkable Achievement

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style, performance, and value"

Cons: "Should have 18in tires as standard equipment"

"The ES 300h represents a remarkable achievement by Lexus Engineers and Designers. Having owned other Lexus models to include the LS, GS, SC, RX, and ES, nothing equals this latest offering. It is the perfect marriage of luxury, comfort, performance, advanced technology, value, and style. From gorgeous styling cues to exacting aerodynamics to a well executed interior, everything seems to work in harmony to create a fun and extremely satisfying driving experience. While I've only had this vehicle for a short time it has exceeded all my expectations and should prove to be one of the most popular vehicles Lexus has ever produced."

well thought out and executed....

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "great value and content"

Cons: "no all wheel drive option."

"Great car on so many levels....drives better than the experts would suggest. great content for the money. gets 50% beter mileage than my previous car ans uses regular and 10K miles between oil changes at 4.00+ a gallon that is significant savings. The dealer experience was awesome....not wonder they have a strong brand following. As one magazine said it is 80% of the LS for 50% of the price!"

A welcome family addition.

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "The car"

Cons: "Only a snooty cat could tell."

"Disappointment in "wow" factor? - absolutely NOT! Having driven many of the top end US and off shore vehicles, nothing compares to the smooth ride of the Lexus ES 300h. Traded in a 335i BMW (super awsome and fun car to drive), and was looking for something that spoke highly of probable reliability (new model - however previous ES's are highly regarded by mechanics and owners alike), thoughtful design, sizeable interior (im 6'3"), comfort, ... and the list goes on. Ride is smooth (yet there is some feedback from the road - which i prefer), turning sharp (enough to not feel like you are swaying in a boat), seats oh so comfortable (got the nulux which I think are softer), navigation intuitive (some don't like it due to the cursor, but I think it is easy to use. Much better than constantly cleaning off greasy finger prints from a touch interface - or worse, not cleaning them and always seeing them). Back up camera, BPM (blind spot monitoring), Park assit, auto headlights/wipers, memory seats and steering column (can be linked to individual keys), and more are all wonderful features. Many cars come with these nowadays, but Lexus just makes them flow. Test drove a Camry Hybrid, same engine, and they both felt like they had similar pickup in normal mode, but add sport mode to only the lexus, and the lexus blows the camry out of the water. In fact, the two cars are only comparable when looking at the engine in normal mode. Otherwise, they are a completely different car. Considered Lincoln MKZ hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, and sonata hybrid. Im not a Ford guy, sorry, so I didn't even test drive the fords, and the sonata lacked innovation, exteriorly, interiorly, and inwardly. Back to the Lexus. Good enough trunk space, nice roomy interior (rather give passengers more room than my luggage), and did I say this is a GREAT car? It is a GREAT car. There. Actually enjoyed going out to run errands because I got to drive it. Nuff said! Just go and test drive it. (For those who are not familiar with Hybrids, it is normal to feel the engine kick on when you go from a stop. I have a prius too, and that transition is obvious. WIth the lexus, it is more subtle, but is there. After the start, accelerating is smooth. Also, hybrid brakes are not meant to be slammed on. You need to brake earlier and longer to help regenerate the battery as well as have a soft stop. Stops can get jerky if you like to ride others's tails.)"

Great value for the money. Fantastic ride.

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Great car for 40 grand plus. And it drives like it"

Cons: "My wife loves the cup holders in the front."

"This is my 3td Lexus ES,300,330, and this 350.There just great cars for short distances 15, 20 miles. Or 350 miles. When you get out the car it's like you just got off the sofa with a steering wheel in you hand. Everything about it say's come drive me. So far I've gotten 25mpg city, 31mpg hwy, 28mpg combined. This car is very easy to drive."

Great ride, sound system, uncomfortaable seat

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, sounds system"

Cons: "uncomfortable seat"

"I love everything about this car except the seat is extremely uncomfortable. The seat back is concave and forces your back to curve. I've tried adding cushions, using after market pillows, but it's still uncomfortable. Other than that, the car drives great. The Levinson sound system is the best I've ever heard. The blind spot detection system is very useful."