2012 Lexus ES

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

great car

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Went from cadillac to avalon to honda. no more!! This is thebest ride. best value, best performing, best overall I have ever owned.Dealer service is first class. Next one will be a lexus!!"

By on Monday, December 01, 2008

"Great Car, seats a bit tight for a larger frame (6'4" 220lbs); but a smooth ride and fun to drive. A bit hard on tires, but well worth the money. Good re-sale and mileage can get to 36 on freeway under 75 mph"

Smooth ride

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I read some bad reports with some of the messages. But, there isn't a smoother ride anywhere. The gas mileage is a plus for such luxury. At times , the ride is so smooth I have to check if I'm really moving. Some people said it's noisy, but not my 350ES. I agree the mp3 is in bad place ,but that is a minor detail. The staff goes well beyond to make you feel comfortable. Holds its value and that is A CREDIT TO ITS CRAFTSMANSHIP."

My First Lexus

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"This car is great! My first Lexus. Comfortable, an excellent buy for the price tag. Got the Premium Plus package. Great gas mileage for a large car, 25 city/30 hwy. The handling is good for a larger car, ride very smooth, quiet, lots of creature features in the package. Love the fob in the pocket, touch entry, puddle lights. Got the blue, great color. Would recommend for any buyer of a luxury car under $40K."

first rate choice

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"I've owned this car over two years without a problem. It is very comfortable, quiet, and quick; its acceleration is far better than the ES 330 I owned. In sum, you can't lose with this car, the best I've owned in fifty years."

Precision

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Extremely well build car like bank's vault and swiss watch."

Love my Lexus (both of them)

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"We just purchased our second 2008 Lexus ES350. Let's face it...NOTHING DRIVES LIKE A LEXUS. I have owned BMW's, Mercedez's, and Acura and the Lexus ride is a pure joy!!!! We considered the RX400h because we really wanted an SUV Hybrid, but Lexus missed the mark on the comfort of the front seats and the utility and luxury features that the ES has. We replaced an 04 ES with an 08 in May and now just purchased our second ES due to a total loss on my Acura MDX. We paid $38,000 + T&L for a fully loaded ES with Nav (Not the Ultra Pkg). This is a GREAT sporty LUXURIOUS, POWERFUL car. I think it far exceeds BMW."

Not like my former ES300

By on Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Lexus is a wonderful car, but my new ES350 doesn't compare to my previous Lexus. This one has rattles, squeaky brakes, and isn't nearly as quiet. Big disappointment. Probably the last Lexus I will own."

By on Monday, March 31, 2008

"This is our first Lexus. We previously had a 1998 BMW 7-series, which is hard to beat. However, after reading an article in Consumer Reports regarding vehicles most likely to go 200,000 miles without major problems, we found that the 7-series was ranked last out of 100 cars reviewed. Lexus had several in the top ten. As our BMW was already starting to cost a lot of money for upkeep, we decided to start checking out alternatives. We test drove just about every sedan we could before we settled on the Lexus. The ES 350, with premium plus package, is perfectly suited for us. While the IS was more like the car we had, fuel economy was a large factor. The 350 is very comfortable, has all the features we could ask for, and the Lexus dealership provided the absolute best car buying experience I have ever had. There are only a couple minor annoyances - they placed the open latch on the center console where my elbow likes to hang out resulting in it opening "on it's own", also the side mirror adjustment button is located on the dash board and hard to reach while driving. Other than that, it's a beauty!"

Wonderful

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Overall drive and conmfort"

Cons: "GPS is terrible"

"While I do love my ES350 like no other vehicle I have owned. I do have a couple qualms. The seat heating can be confusing as to when its supposed to be on and when its not. The GPS is terrible to configure and setup waypoints. While other GPS use the idea that obvious is best, The lexus GPS either has not added the feature of searching for locations or just never thought people would want to look. Also when trying to find a location such as Main Street for example. it would show 50 or more lines of which it takes a long time to go through. Not a very friendly user interface. Last there seems to be a weird drain issue around the exterior mirrors. After washing a run off appears like a slow leak down the side of the vehicle draining from the mirrors. Its not there right away but you have to wipe it down after 30 minutes or more to keep it clean"

Wonderful

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Overall drive and conmfort"

Cons: "GPS is terrible"

Best vehicle I ever owned, including my 2003 ES

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, economical, a joy to drive."

Cons: "Cup holder diameter too small for my cup - Ha!"

"I have two Lexus. The 2003 was a big surprise (still owned). The 2010 is a gigantic surprise. Both purchased new, serviced at dealerships during warranty periods. Neither has ever failed. My 2010 is incredibly comfortable for travel. If I ever purchase another auto, it will be a Lexus. Incredible car."

Driven by an old lady on Sundays ....

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride; dependable; fuel efficient"

Cons: "Some controls could be more accessible"

"My mom owns this car. She bought it used and doesn't drive very much. Prior to this she had an older Lexus ES model which had over 200,000 miles on it and while there was nothing wrong with that car she was relocating to another state and wanted to make sure she had a newer car to avoid any problems. She has been VERY pleased with this car ... the fit and finish is gorgeous (a midnight navy blue exterior with a camel leather interior ~ GORGEOUS!). It has been a very reliable and dependable car for her ~ we (her children) don't worry about her vehicle having problems while we're located several states away from her."

my second lexus for a reason

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "most car for the money, high reliability."

Cons: "need more cargo space in trunk."

"because of ny experience with my first lesus. buying the next one was a 'no brainer." i previously owned Cadillacs and Buicks, but this import measures up to them in ride and quiet handling with posh interiors to match as standard equipment. plus other features not available on most american luxury brands."

first and best Lexus

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "long lasting."

"would not even think of any other brand. Reliable, good looking, great finish, just plane fun to drive. Of course, the dealer helps maintain and at very reasonable price."

Great Car! Unbelievable Ride! Comfy Interior.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Tons of bells/whistles come stock"

Cons: "A little slow off the start but does go fast"

"I will absolutely buy another Lexus after this one. The ride is great, the interior is the most comfortable I've ever experienced and I haven't had any mechanical problems. Great sound system. Gas mileage is so-so. It doesn't getty-up right off the start but 3rd gear rocks on the freeway!"

great car holds value great ride best buy eve

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "luxury at its best"

Cons: "can feel light on sharpe turns"

"the best investment i ever made in a high end car"

Great car, great value

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"One of the best cars on the road for the dollar and performance. I was in a recent combination storm of ice and snow, the car performed very well under the conditions. A drawback of this car is the low slung front end, which means you have to be smart about the front end when parking or around snow banks. Also the trunk lid/back deck is high, which can create a blind spot when backing up. Its apparent that the tires are a key component, hence, get great tires and don't settle for less. BMWs are fun to drive, but tend to be a very stiff (sport) ride and tight on room, my BMW buddies grudgingly like the Lexus ride. LaCrosse is a great ride as well. Drive them both to see which you prefer. As with any car, don't be in a hurry to buy, deals on new ones are short. As for used car, all dealers are buying leased cars from auction to inventory on their lot. Very seldom will a dealer have a used from a trade. So check all dealer websites within 300 miles of your home. Remember, the warranty goes with the car."

Good car, but lots of small problems

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"had myriad small problems during 62k mile ownership: original tires lasted less than 15k miles. offered to replace two tires if I bought two more (at twice the price at Discount Tires) cigarette lighter replaced passenger visor light went out brakes squeaking keyless fob/recognition going out oil hose broke! towing required! 50k miles transmission slipping in 2nd gear @55k miles difficult starting @55k miles passenger window motor loud/straining (mentioned twice; never fixed) keyless trunk often doesn't work nice interior nice styling. much better than 330. 29.5 mpg max achieved. 24 normally when I drive; 20 when wife drives. More problems earlier than my 1997 ES 300 (problems started around 120k miles)"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"One of the, if not the best vehicles I have ever driven. Only complaint is the Factory Michlen Tires. Poor traction and handling. The Lexus does make a finem, smooth automobile. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Great Value and very Reliable

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"This car for the price has everything and more that any car that would cost 70k I love it. AC Seats, Navigation, Multi CD player . Fuel Efficient and comfortable ride . Joy to drive"

Love my Lexus!

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"This car is beautiful inside and out. Mine is black on black and it turns heads! I love how smoothly and quietly it drives. My boyfriend, who's an ex-football player sits comfortably in it even when we have people in the back seat. The bluetooth technology is great. Especially now that you cannot talk on your cell while driving. This has been a very nice feature to have. I don't know how I ever got anywhere without the GPS. It works great for the most part. There have been a couple times that we were unable to find our destination. I feel like this car practically does everything for you, leaving you to just enjoy the drive."

EXCELLENT VEHICLE

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I turned in my leased GS300 and purchased the ES350 new. I was expecting to miss the exceedingly comfortable GS, but I haven't. I get 25-26 mpg on long trips and it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. However, I deducted points for comfort simply because of the leg room in the back seat. Plus some of my passengers have had trouble getting in and out of the back seat. It's a lexus, so absolutely no mechanical issues!"

Almost

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Extremely comfortable. Everything works. Have not had one issue that needed repair in 2 1/2 years. However, I'm a bit concerned about the transmission holding up. The tires are totally bald at 15,000 miles. Service is more expensive than it should be. And it doesn't drive as well as the BMW 528 I had prior to this. BUT EVERYTHING WORKS!"

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008