2009 Lexus ES

Based on 191 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and surprisingly good gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like responsive handling"

"Have owned two ES vehicles. Fantastic car. Great comfort, fuel economy and reliability. Handling is a bit cushy, but that's not the hallmark of this car. Yu can't go wrong with this car and will get tired of it before it ever wears out!,,,"

Never had a problem. Good MPG, quiet, comfortable

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "quiet, comfortable reliable"

"Love this car!!! I'll buy another when the time comes and recommend to everyone."

Driven by an old lady on Sundays ....

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride; dependable; fuel efficient"

Cons: "Some controls could be more accessible"

"My mom owns this car. She bought it used and doesn't drive very much. Prior to this she had an older Lexus ES model which had over 200,000 miles on it and while there was nothing wrong with that car she was relocating to another state and wanted to make sure she had a newer car to avoid any problems. She has been VERY pleased with this car ... the fit and finish is gorgeous (a midnight navy blue exterior with a camel leather interior ~ GORGEOUS!). It has been a very reliable and dependable car for her ~ we (her children) don't worry about her vehicle having problems while we're located several states away from her."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "A/c hits me directly, too cold ( crazy complaining"

"Better than the Mercedes convertible I once owned. Best ride of all the cars I owned, and the service is excellent, I just love it, maybe I will keep it, very difficult decision, I know what I have."

Second Best Vehicle

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, and quite drive."

Cons: "None so far."

"I bought my 2007 ES 350 new. It is the second best car I've ever had. The best being an 1991 LS 400. This is our third Lexus. While not quite the same ride, it comes close to the LS standard. At almost 70,000 miles I've had no problems. Just routine service. I would definitely recommend. Then again, all Toyota products reflect quality."

Best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Great driving"

"If you like the ultimate in affordable luxury, you will love the Lexus brand. I own an ES350 and my wife has an IS250AWD. My car has every imaginable convenience and is great on the road for long trips in quiet comfort. Test drive one for yourslef and see for yourself what a great car it is."

Lexus ES 350

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "2007 116,000 at 12,500.00 as is."

Cons: "I take the car to Toyota not Lexus same parts."

"This car does not break down! Smooth ride and very powerful on the road and hills...mainly going up the mountains. The car just eats up the road going up hills. Inside is beige with wood panels, clean, smells new, the engine looks clean just the way a new car engine looks."

my second lexus for a reason

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "most car for the money, high reliability."

Cons: "need more cargo space in trunk."

"because of ny experience with my first lesus. buying the next one was a 'no brainer." i previously owned Cadillacs and Buicks, but this import measures up to them in ride and quiet handling with posh interiors to match as standard equipment. plus other features not available on most american luxury brands."

first and best Lexus

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "long lasting."

"would not even think of any other brand. Reliable, good looking, great finish, just plane fun to drive. Of course, the dealer helps maintain and at very reasonable price."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great driver and very comfortable."

Cons: "There are no cons."

"This car still runs and drives like when it was new. It has all the bells and whistles and I' really hesitant to sell it but we have three cars and it is more than we need. Very comfortable to drive and runs like it did coming off the showroom floor."

An excellent car overall.

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Decently Fun, Good Looking, Well Made"

Cons: "Some controls are hard to get to, low headroom"

My 2007 ES350 the day I bought it.

"I've owned this car for about 2 years. My overall satisfaction is very high and I have not had any major mechanical issues. The seats are comfortable but supportive. You don't feel like you are sinking into an abyss, which allows you to have a more connected feel to the job of driving in my opinion. I am tall and headroom is a bit tight, but lowering the seat as far as it will go and leaning it back slightly was fine. I still have to clean my hair out of the headliner though. The seat cooler works but is not overpowering. At times it might not seem like it is even on, really. Lexus service is generally okay. I've put 100k of the 120k miles on my car and I can tell you maintenance by the mileage schedule for me has been terribly expensive. You really get a lot of car in a 2007, but try to look for a slightly newer model. The 2007 has a couple of frustrating "qualities" about it. For one, they redesigned the center console in later years. The one in the 2007 opens with a button on the top front of the console and it is easy to hit that accidentally. Additionally it does not open as wide as newer ones do. Driving a loaner car while mine was being serviced was eye opening in that regard. The seat heater/cooler switches are also located in a spot where I personally have to lean forward and bend my entire body while looking down and away from the road to see if they are turned on or not. After a while I got the hang of how the roller switches feel and it was okay, but this seems counterintuitive for a feature you should just be able to see. Also, the 2007 cruise control indicator is a little spartan. It doesn't indicate it is actually set, just that the system is on. That sounds small and simple but it is better on slightly newer versions of the ES. I've also had issues that have come and gone with the air conditioner blower. No idea what, but it stopped acting up on its own. I can't remember what they call the feature that makes the headlights move based on whether you are turning or going up/down hills, but that alone makes me hate driving any other car. I will definitely need that feature on whatever car I choose to buy in the future. If you have never owned a Lexus before and wonder how it compares to other brands, I would first point out that you need to be aware of what you really want. The ES is not a race car and it is also not intended to be the most posh luxury sedan either. But if you are looking at optimizing the fully loaded cost of owning a car and getting something reliable, this one is not a bad choice for several reasons. Not to diminish any other brand, but the way I look at it, the quality of a 2007 ES 350 makes any Honda look and feel like a cheap toy and the reliability makes it seem foolish to pay for a BMW. You get style, comfort and quality for a fair price with no major repairs for a long, long time. From a performance perspective, the 2007 ES 350 is okay. The engine pulls nice and strong but it is connected via a transmission that really just wants to take it easy. You can drop it into that pseudo manual mode and control it to some extent, but the fact is this is not a race car. Yeah, you can pull 100 on the freeway and not even know it, so it isn't completely inept. It is a front wheel drive car so you go into it knowing your steering control is affected by that. It's not like a Honda by any means, but it is still affected. In all, it is a smooth and comfortable ride with mild performance characteristics that will probably tone down your desire to get crazy. You won't get overly tired and might consider driving rather than flying on some of those long trips. I've been to Florida several times and trips to DC as well. One last thing. Mine is black. It would be worth it to get one of those clear 3M paint protection coatings put on the front bumper and hood area. Mine looks like it has been sand blasted so it has nice white spots all over the front of it that I need to get repaired."

My 2007 ES350 the day I bought it.

After 5 straight Nissans, I tried a Lexus.

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"Great car. Fun to drive. Smooth and reliable. The only complaint I have is the sound system is not as good as Bose systems I was used to with Maxima and Infiniti."

powerful, fits like a glove, good MPGs, reliable

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "turn by turn navigation, panaramic view"

Cons: "zero"

"absolutely wonderful car: comfort,luxury intelligence and zero problems. It is very quite and the ride is like gliding. Navigation system panaramoic view makes you feel very open. This is the nicest vehicle for anyone. You won.t have any problems and I love the rain sensing wipers. The car takes care of you and I find it can be smarter than me at times. It is push button start and won't let you lock yourself out."

Great car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Very confortable. Seats are great"

Cons: "Dealer ship too far away"

"This car is wonderful."

Absolutely Great Car!!

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, smooth ride with some pickup"

Cons: "Seats a little hard and maintenance is costly"

"The Lexus drives very smoothly and has a lot of pickup. The steering is great and the ride is so smooth it is hard to keep the speed at the speed limit. Everyone loves to drive it. Only complaint is that the seats are a little hard - probably due to the heating/cooling ventilation system. The repairs are also a little expensive. I had to have the steering system fluid changed and the car only had 33,000 miles. It was not covered by the Resale Warranty Program."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great performance and gas mileage"

Cons: "Non"

"This car rides and handles so well. Even after being on the road all day I am not worn out. The performance is outstanding, I have only replaced the tires and the battery. I have not had any transmission or engine probelms. This is my second Lexus and I will always drive a Lexus."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Good value, quiet, comfortable."

Cons: "door panels, instrument panel materials"

"Although I prefer rear wheel drive and an inline six engine, this is an excellent car. My only criticism is that the instrument panel covering and door panels are substandard for a Lexus. These substandard materials detract from the interior."

3rd Lexus!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Besides that its a good buy, nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "This runs on super unleaded."

"This is my third one. The reliability is the very good I have never had any major problems. I just change the fluids, brakes and the rotars. I now have a 2007 ES 350 its a better car but just a few things different than my ES 330 and 300. This runs on super unleaded and that's an extra cost. The armrest in the center can pop open if you but your elbow down on it and hit the switch. And I don't like the way it closes compared to the other models. The interior lights are not as good as prior. The nav system is a bit confusing and takes a lot of reading to get used to it. Besides that its a good buy, nice looking vehicle and I have no regrets. It keeps its value, buy it as Certified."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "cost to own, fun to drive"

Cons: "none notes"

"I have been driving my ES350 for 5 year trouble free. 31 mpg on the highway and 20 in town makes it economical to owe, I will never owen anything but a Lexus"

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive fo sure"

Cons: "None I can think of."

"I love the reliabilty. The smooth ride. Great exceleration. The creature comforts are great those of a vety expensive luxury car.THis is my 2ND ES 350"

one of the best car i ever own

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"over priced"

My best car ever!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Very nice car, well build-ed!"

Very good car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "good driving experience, good value"

Cons: "styling"

"This was the best car purchase I ever made. While I find the style to be a bit bland, the features and ride are impeccable. I really like this car and hope to drive it for many years to come."

Lexus is the best!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value"

"I have owned 3 Lexus vehicles over the years and I keep coming back to their product due to the comfort, quality, value and reliability."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"Never had a problem with anythiing major related to this car. I love it. I have had it for about 3 years now"

See if you qualify for