2008 Lexus ES

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

As nice a car as I've ever owned

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Smooth, strong, tight turning radius, trouble free"

Cons: "Seat belts difficult to connect"

"There is little I don't love about this car. I bought it used at a very reasonable price and it has every single option Lexus offers other than the electric leg supports. In particular, the side mirrors tilt down when in reverse making it easy to avoid the curb when parallel parking. Further, all (as far as I can tell) functions can be easily modified to your own personal taste. Driver memory includes side mirrors, rear view mirror, steering wheel and seat adjustments for two people. Front passenger seat also has a memory for two people. I've had this car for 6 months and still find new options constantly."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Oh my...what to say.. I have driven Audi, BMW, VW etc but this is the best car i have ever owned. Supremely comfortable, ever reliable....160,000 miles and still drives great with regular scheduled maintenance oil, tires, brake pads and rotors"

Smooth and reliable

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Dashboard controls, lacks lumbar support."

"Very smooth ride. Steering is a bit stiff compared to my BMW, but still very nice. Don't like the master control on the dash. Have to push with one's fingers to work the climate control, radio etc. Plan to keep this vehicle for a long time as long was it lives up to it's reputation of reliability. The reliability, the smooth riding are the high points of the Lexus. Great local dealership with a beautiful lobby area. Sound system not as good as the Harmon in my BMW, perhaps there is an upgrade. I don't care much for the low seating compared to the Honda and certainly to other SUV seats. With lower back pain, it has little Lumbar support, not great for long distance traveling. That factor itself will make me look for other models as a replacement in the future. But it is the wife's car and she loves it."

The single best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, and roomy."

Cons: "Newer ES is a bit gadgety but still reliable as hk"

"I am a car nut and needed something reliable for long daily commutes. After I paid the car off I decided not to sell it and get a new one because this is an incredible vehicle and I am convinced I can put 300,000 miles on it at least. I do regular services through an independent mechanic and my costs are brakes, tires and oil changes. Amazing car! I get 24 miles to the gallon on average and use the car every day. Don't hesitate. Lexus ES rocks! We have owned BMW, Mercedes, Audi and many makes. This single car has made us big believers in Japanese automotive engineering. No problems just pleasures."

My second Lexus, problem free on both. best ride

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

"I ONLY NEED A SMALLER CAR. AM NOW RETIRED. My second Lexus. Great Car. Hate to sell it, but it is too big just for me. Don't travel much anymore"