2006 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Great car and great value.

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas and comfortable to drive."

"I will probably keep it for another 100,000 miles. I bought it used with 25,000 miles and it runs as good as the day I bought it."

Amazing quality

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, luxurious, appealing design"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered"

"I have a 2003 model, but everyone thinks that it is newer than that. For a 10 year old car, it drives better than most new cars on the market today. Styling on the outside and inside are classy and timeless, perfect entry-level luxury car. Soft blue head lights are a nice feature. Minor touches throughout like a chrome tipped exhaust make it look more expensive than it is. Inside, there is plenty of room up front although rear seat room can be tight if the seats are pushed all the way back. Charcoal leather and light gray roof/pillars are an appealing combo. Best part is the California Redwood trim, very high quality. All the amenities you'd expect in a luxury car. The only drawback is the acceleration.. although its flawless and very reliable, it is a bit under-powered. Lexus corrected this for 2004 by putting a 3.3 liter engine in instead of a 3.0 liter. Pedal to the floor if merging on highways on an incline. Otherwise there's sufficient power. Overall, if you want a car that looks good, retains its value, is comfortable and reliable to the point you'll never have to think about it, this is the car. Lexus cars are the best"

Superior Vehicle

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Best car I've ever owned. Now has 175,000 miles on it, as I'm in sales and drive approx. 35k miles yearly (I've had it for 4 years and have driven 148k of those miles). I just now spent the first cent outside of normal maintenance I ever have, and that was nothing but a fluke (some road debris underneath knocked the line loose going to the A/C evac. chamber, leaking onto my passenger floor). Quiet, silky smooth ride, decent power for anyone other than a NASCAR-wannabe, and simply pampers its driver in luxury."

Pleasure to drive

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

"I bought this car used and have put 160,000 miles on it in 5 years. I spend a lot of time driving on the highway, and this car has the pickup and comfort that make my commute bearable. I average around 26-28 mpg, but the handling and comfort I gain make it a worthwhile compromise."

Best Car for the Value and You Can Use Regular Gas

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I test drove every luxury car you could imagine and kept going back to this car. The stying is great. The gas effiency is great for the size of the car and it drives like butter. I have not had ANY mechanical problem with this car. Any warranty proplems were cosmetic and taken care of (leather seats wore). I will never buy any other car than a lexus again. I feel safe, beautiful and stylish in this car. Best value over all!"

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"By far the best in its class, when it came out it was more spacious, more elegant and a much better value than its competitors. In this case the ES300 would be a better choice to defeat the E class and the 5 series in terms or comfort and value but because the Lexus was over 6 grand cheaper they were not even in the same price categories. Only concerns are of course the lack of any "performance" features, acceleration is electronically balanced, so no racing starts, braking is also regulated so as not to make passengers ill, and cornering is best done at a low speed. This car is really like the old American cars in terms of comfort, but with reliability that defies belief, for 6 years now I have never had any mechanical or electric problems. Takes regular fuel too, truly an amazing car."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Very smooth drive, I Love everything about this car! Although ONE complaint and only one..... my headlights have a yellow tint inside the plastic saw another car (same year and type) had the same thing. But the car overall is great!!!"

can't be beat for the money

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Everything !"

Cons: "Nothing"

"31mpg on highway 23mpg in town no problems great ride quiet nothing bad to say other than if chevy and dodge made cars this great they wouldnt of been in need of a government bail out. this ES330 lexus will probably run for years trouble free."

10 years later and still love it!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "So smooth and easy to handle."

Cons: "Cup holders glove compartment too small"

"Comfortable, quiet, reliable, smooth and looks great after 10 years and over 100,000 miles. I plan to drive it for another 100,000. Service is pricy but that is probably true for all dealerships but I love the worry free reliability."

This is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, mechanically sound, loaded with options, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Somewhat expensive to maintain; needs 50 more horsepower; it's a little bit small for a guy my size"

"I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle for the past 5 years. The navigation system is a big help. The heated and cooled seats make travelling much more comfortable. The sound system is fantastic. The personal settings memory system works great (seats and outside mirrors), especially when alternating drivers from time to time. I had a 2001 ES-300, which I gave to my son, and he now has 225,000 miles on it. I am completely sold on Lexus."