2005 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

The best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"170,000 miles and still running without a single major repair. Tires, brakes and oil. Comfortable on long rides great handling."

Love my car!

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "great price, gorgeous interior, nice handling"

Cons: "I have not encountered any"

"I absolutely love my es 330! This car has been extremely reliable and easy to maintain. I love how smooth the ride is while traveling and in the city, and the cabin seals out road noise wonderfully. The interior is extremely attractive, comfortable, and the controls are user friendly. The ride on this sedan is extremely smooth and it handles well. Overall, I am very satisfied with the purchase and ownership of this vehicle!"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Regular gas- good mileage"

Cons: "No built in GPS"

"Never needed a repair except once which was under warranty!"

I love this car

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "steering, drive, handling, interior , sound, style"

Cons: "exterior design"

"This is the best car i have ever driven. It is stylissh with a flare of luxury in every move. Sleek interior even though the exterior in minimally lacking. A lacking exterior doesnt take away from the fact that this car is i na class of its own. It makes you know that you have a quality car, in the way it turns, accellerates, and takes bumps in the road. Not even newer cars made today such as the 14 malibu, Kia, Camrys and or any American made car for that matter cant compare to the ride the LExus gives you. The japanese really nailed it in the ES line. I LOVE IT, and would NEVER drive ANYTHING else."

Near luxury Toyota

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, with 4 cyl mpg when needed."

Cons: "No smart phone hook up, bluetooth"

"The 5 speed automatic will hunt if you use anything other than Premium fuel. Remember you are driving a Lexus not a Camry! I use a K&N air filter and this helped the throttle response also, every eight tanks of gas I put in a bottle of Seafoam or Slick 50 fuel treatment. Throttle response is tremendous when using the above products. Running synthetic oil will give you better mileage and performance too. I have the transmission fluid changed at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change every 30K miles which results in silky smooth operation. The Navigation is a bit tricky but I got a class when I was out of town at the Lexus dealer after an oil change for free. On pure highway driving I get 28 to 32 mpg. Just depends on altitude, summer or winter blend gas, running the A/C and if I'm going over 80 mph. The reliability is unmatched, comfort, good power when needed and I've driven this in every type of weather with no issues. I've got the old Michelin X All Season tires that have got me thru everything but I know my MPG has suffered a bit due to the attained traction. I a prefer traction and a quiet ride. It is not a 5 series, E Class or A6 so it will not stop as soon, get up to speed as fast, corner tighter than the Germans but the bottom line "NEVER BREAKS" and maintenance is cheap! I know I've owned them all and when you get to my age I rather spend my money on other things than on German unscheduled maintenance. Learned my lesson and I will only buy Japanese luxury which is superior to "my" wallet."