2004 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Regular gas- good mileage"

Cons: "No built in GPS"

"Never needed a repair except once which was under warranty!"

I love this car

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "steering, drive, handling, interior , sound, style"

Cons: "exterior design"

"This is the best car i have ever driven. It is stylissh with a flare of luxury in every move. Sleek interior even though the exterior in minimally lacking. A lacking exterior doesnt take away from the fact that this car is i na class of its own. It makes you know that you have a quality car, in the way it turns, accellerates, and takes bumps in the road. Not even newer cars made today such as the 14 malibu, Kia, Camrys and or any American made car for that matter cant compare to the ride the LExus gives you. The japanese really nailed it in the ES line. I LOVE IT, and would NEVER drive ANYTHING else."

Near luxury Toyota

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, with 4 cyl mpg when needed."

Cons: "No smart phone hook up, bluetooth"

"The 5 speed automatic will hunt if you use anything other than Premium fuel. Remember you are driving a Lexus not a Camry! I use a K&N air filter and this helped the throttle response also, every eight tanks of gas I put in a bottle of Seafoam or Slick 50 fuel treatment. Throttle response is tremendous when using the above products. Running synthetic oil will give you better mileage and performance too. I have the transmission fluid changed at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change every 30K miles which results in silky smooth operation. The Navigation is a bit tricky but I got a class when I was out of town at the Lexus dealer after an oil change for free. On pure highway driving I get 28 to 32 mpg. Just depends on altitude, summer or winter blend gas, running the A/C and if I'm going over 80 mph. The reliability is unmatched, comfort, good power when needed and I've driven this in every type of weather with no issues. I've got the old Michelin X All Season tires that have got me thru everything but I know my MPG has suffered a bit due to the attained traction. I a prefer traction and a quiet ride. It is not a 5 series, E Class or A6 so it will not stop as soon, get up to speed as fast, corner tighter than the Germans but the bottom line "NEVER BREAKS" and maintenance is cheap! I know I've owned them all and when you get to my age I rather spend my money on other things than on German unscheduled maintenance. Learned my lesson and I will only buy Japanese luxury which is superior to "my" wallet."

Great car - nice ride, very reliable

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, very reliable, nice interior"

"We bought this car used about 4 years ago. So far, we put 60k miles on the car and have just had to maintain the car with oil changes, new tires and a new timing belt. It will probably go forever. We looked at newer models and they don't have the same luxury that the 2006 has - more wood interior and air-conditioned seats. It has held up remarkably well."

Loved this car from the 1st moment!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Practically everything about this car is a "pro""

Cons: "no bluetooth or navigation"

"I loved this car the first moment I sat in it, and it has been the greatest car I ever owned. Pearl white, light grey interior, great pick-up, fabulously cushy ride! everything in it has held up nearly-perfectly for over 12 years."