2003 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Near luxury Toyota

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, with 4 cyl mpg when needed."

Cons: "No smart phone hook up, bluetooth"

"The 5 speed automatic will hunt if you use anything other than Premium fuel. Remember you are driving a Lexus not a Camry! I use a K&N air filter and this helped the throttle response also, every eight tanks of gas I put in a bottle of Seafoam or Slick 50 fuel treatment. Throttle response is tremendous when using the above products. Running synthetic oil will give you better mileage and performance too. I have the transmission fluid changed at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change every 30K miles which results in silky smooth operation. The Navigation is a bit tricky but I got a class when I was out of town at the Lexus dealer after an oil change for free. On pure highway driving I get 28 to 32 mpg. Just depends on altitude, summer or winter blend gas, running the A/C and if I'm going over 80 mph. The reliability is unmatched, comfort, good power when needed and I've driven this in every type of weather with no issues. I've got the old Michelin X All Season tires that have got me thru everything but I know my MPG has suffered a bit due to the attained traction. I a prefer traction and a quiet ride. It is not a 5 series, E Class or A6 so it will not stop as soon, get up to speed as fast, corner tighter than the Germans but the bottom line "NEVER BREAKS" and maintenance is cheap! I know I've owned them all and when you get to my age I rather spend my money on other things than on German unscheduled maintenance. Learned my lesson and I will only buy Japanese luxury which is superior to "my" wallet."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Very smooth drive, I Love everything about this car! Although ONE complaint and only one..... my headlights have a yellow tint inside the plastic saw another car (same year and type) had the same thing. But the car overall is great!!!"

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"By far the best in its class, when it came out it was more spacious, more elegant and a much better value than its competitors. In this case the ES300 would be a better choice to defeat the E class and the 5 series in terms or comfort and value but because the Lexus was over 6 grand cheaper they were not even in the same price categories. Only concerns are of course the lack of any "performance" features, acceleration is electronically balanced, so no racing starts, braking is also regulated so as not to make passengers ill, and cornering is best done at a low speed. This car is really like the old American cars in terms of comfort, but with reliability that defies belief, for 6 years now I have never had any mechanical or electric problems. Takes regular fuel too, truly an amazing car."

Had it since 2008! My first car!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, interior features, quiet engine"

Cons: "electric. repairs run high,"

"I bought this car in August of 2008 when I came back from my first deployment. I was going to buy a 2006 Lexus, but the salesman helped me compare the 2002 Lexus and 2006 Lexus ES sedan models which both had the SAME features except one was newer. I am SO glad I bought this car. It has been very good to me. I have taken this car cross country around 8 times and never had a problem. I also drive a lot on the weekends and it has held up well.The only thing that has happened was that the electrical gas pedal went out and I had no warranty on my car which cost me about $500. Recently it needed a throttle clean because the car would start, but then turn back off if I didn't keep pushing down on the gas pedal. I like the features it holds because for it has leather seats that warm up, the moon roof, and nice cherry wood interior. I hope this car lasts me for another couple of years!"

can't be beat for the money

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Everything !"

Cons: "Nothing"

"31mpg on highway 23mpg in town no problems great ride quiet nothing bad to say other than if chevy and dodge made cars this great they wouldnt of been in need of a government bail out. this ES330 lexus will probably run for years trouble free."

10 years later and still love it!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "So smooth and easy to handle."

Cons: "Cup holders glove compartment too small"

"Comfortable, quiet, reliable, smooth and looks great after 10 years and over 100,000 miles. I plan to drive it for another 100,000. Service is pricy but that is probably true for all dealerships but I love the worry free reliability."

This is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, mechanically sound, loaded with options, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Somewhat expensive to maintain; needs 50 more horsepower; it's a little bit small for a guy my size"

"I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle for the past 5 years. The navigation system is a big help. The heated and cooled seats make travelling much more comfortable. The sound system is fantastic. The personal settings memory system works great (seats and outside mirrors), especially when alternating drivers from time to time. I had a 2001 ES-300, which I gave to my son, and he now has 225,000 miles on it. I am completely sold on Lexus."

Excellent auto. Good power. comfortable ride.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Great ride. a little soft as it got older. Easy on tires. engine did not burn any oil. Reliable."

ES330 - Total Value and Luxury

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I've always wanted to own a Lexus, and recently got my chance with a Certified 2005 ES330. Want a wonderful car. Three years old and looks and smells brand new, without the brand new price. Great comfort, nice quite smooth ride, and a ton of amenities such as in-dash Navigation and an outstanding sound system. Acceleration is not outstanding but not bad - the 3.3 liter engine provides very good passing power but you have to put your foot into it. The only thing I don't like is the CD changer is in the center console instead of in the dash (the ES350 series took care of that problem). I had driven the Camry for years with zero problems, but the Lexus is a step or two up. Check out a 2005 or 2006 - Lexus dealers are willing to negotiate price, and most come with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty included in the price. And, for my fellow Camry drivers, you might be surprised to know that a pre-owned ES330 is not that much more than a comparably equiped Camry of the same year and mileage. Bottom line, if you liked the Camry, you will love the ES330 - a super car overall!!"

Excellent car for a luxury family sedan

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Great car for a family. Some of the cons include no rear folding seat, bad city mileage, and no audio controls on the steering wheel. Otherwise an excellent car, very comfortable and smooth."