2003 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"By far the best in its class, when it came out it was more spacious, more elegant and a much better value than its competitors. In this case the ES300 would be a better choice to defeat the E class and the 5 series in terms or comfort and value but because the Lexus was over 6 grand cheaper they were not even in the same price categories. Only concerns are of course the lack of any "performance" features, acceleration is electronically balanced, so no racing starts, braking is also regulated so as not to make passengers ill, and cornering is best done at a low speed. This car is really like the old American cars in terms of comfort, but with reliability that defies belief, for 6 years now I have never had any mechanical or electric problems. Takes regular fuel too, truly an amazing car."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Very smooth drive, I Love everything about this car! Although ONE complaint and only one..... my headlights have a yellow tint inside the plastic saw another car (same year and type) had the same thing. But the car overall is great!!!"

Near luxury Toyota

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, with 4 cyl mpg when needed."

Cons: "No smart phone hook up, bluetooth"

"The 5 speed automatic will hunt if you use anything other than Premium fuel. Remember you are driving a Lexus not a Camry! I use a K&N air filter and this helped the throttle response also, every eight tanks of gas I put in a bottle of Seafoam or Slick 50 fuel treatment. Throttle response is tremendous when using the above products. Running synthetic oil will give you better mileage and performance too. I have the transmission fluid changed at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change every 30K miles which results in silky smooth operation. The Navigation is a bit tricky but I got a class when I was out of town at the Lexus dealer after an oil change for free. On pure highway driving I get 28 to 32 mpg. Just depends on altitude, summer or winter blend gas, running the A/C and if I'm going over 80 mph. The reliability is unmatched, comfort, good power when needed and I've driven this in every type of weather with no issues. I've got the old Michelin X All Season tires that have got me thru everything but I know my MPG has suffered a bit due to the attained traction. I a prefer traction and a quiet ride. It is not a 5 series, E Class or A6 so it will not stop as soon, get up to speed as fast, corner tighter than the Germans but the bottom line "NEVER BREAKS" and maintenance is cheap! I know I've owned them all and when you get to my age I rather spend my money on other things than on German unscheduled maintenance. Learned my lesson and I will only buy Japanese luxury which is superior to "my" wallet."

Had it since 2008! My first car!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, interior features, quiet engine"

Cons: "electric. repairs run high,"

"I bought this car in August of 2008 when I came back from my first deployment. I was going to buy a 2006 Lexus, but the salesman helped me compare the 2002 Lexus and 2006 Lexus ES sedan models which both had the SAME features except one was newer. I am SO glad I bought this car. It has been very good to me. I have taken this car cross country around 8 times and never had a problem. I also drive a lot on the weekends and it has held up well.The only thing that has happened was that the electrical gas pedal went out and I had no warranty on my car which cost me about $500. Recently it needed a throttle clean because the car would start, but then turn back off if I didn't keep pushing down on the gas pedal. I like the features it holds because for it has leather seats that warm up, the moon roof, and nice cherry wood interior. I hope this car lasts me for another couple of years!"

can't be beat for the money

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Everything !"

Cons: "Nothing"

"31mpg on highway 23mpg in town no problems great ride quiet nothing bad to say other than if chevy and dodge made cars this great they wouldnt of been in need of a government bail out. this ES330 lexus will probably run for years trouble free."