2002 Lexus ES Consumer Reviews

Amazing quality

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, luxurious, appealing design"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered"

"I have a 2003 model, but everyone thinks that it is newer than that. For a 10 year old car, it drives better than most new cars on the market today. Styling on the outside and inside are classy and timeless, perfect entry-level luxury car. Soft blue head lights are a nice feature. Minor touches throughout like a chrome tipped exhaust make it look more expensive than it is. Inside, there is plenty of room up front although rear seat room can be tight if the seats are pushed all the way back. Charcoal leather and light gray roof/pillars are an appealing combo. Best part is the California Redwood trim, very high quality. All the amenities you'd expect in a luxury car. The only drawback is the acceleration.. although its flawless and very reliable, it is a bit under-powered. Lexus corrected this for 2004 by putting a 3.3 liter engine in instead of a 3.0 liter. Pedal to the floor if merging on highways on an incline. Otherwise there's sufficient power. Overall, if you want a car that looks good, retains its value, is comfortable and reliable to the point you'll never have to think about it, this is the car. Lexus cars are the best"

Great car and great value.

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas and comfortable to drive."

"I will probably keep it for another 100,000 miles. I bought it used with 25,000 miles and it runs as good as the day I bought it."

Not perfect, but close

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I bought my first Lexus, a certified 2005 ES330 with only 10,000 miles on it. I owned a Toyota Camry before and wanted to step up. The ride is smooth and quiet. The styling didn't do a lot for me, but it grows on you. I love interior the best. The generous use of birdseye maple and the nicely stitched smooth leather are unequaled for other cars in the same price range. The car is very reliable as all I've had are the routine oil changes. The only big issue is the gas mileage has been terrible for me. I only get 25 at most on the highway and I always use premium. This may be related to the acceleration problem I have with the car. I got the dealer to look at it and was told that the transmission was reprogrammed to eliminate a hesitation during slow speeds. This is a common problem with the 2002-2006 Lexus ES. Although it fixed the hesitation, I have to live with poor fuel economy. Interior is very comfortable, but one minor issue is the center console squeaks because of a cheap plastic latch. This is unforgiveable for a car in this class. Overall, it's not perfect, but there are little features here and there that redeem the car. Things such as one touch window switches, auto climate control, steering wheel radio controls, rain sensing wipers, heating AND cooling seats, and rear sunshade. Oh, and the free car wash, lattes, and the wifi at the dealerships are great, too. I have gotten spoiled with these items and I miss them whenever I drive a rental car on trips."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted