2001 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 295 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

My most favorite car

By on Saturday, January 09, 2010

"I would also like to add my two cents about my 1998 Lexus Es300. It's the 4th car that I've driven, and I am the 3rd owner. I am in love with the car. I bought it at 103k miles in 8-2007 and I have 166k on it now. It still runs and looks great. The audio system is very good being the Nakamichi system. It has a good amount of power that is not hindered by it's 3700lb weight. Gas mileage is good too! I have gotten 32mpg on highway trips, and I usually get an average of 28mpg with combined highway and city driving. The only thing that I have had to do to it besides regular maintenance is replace the rear struts- which is an age related thing. Other than that, just brakes, tires and battery. If you are looking for a used car- even if it's over 10 years old, you will NOT be disappointed! The styling is a bit boring- but that's classic Lexus. These cars will easily go to 250k-300k miles. I hope I can keep it that long; the only thing that would stop me is my husband wanting a different or newer car. I've owned 3 11+ year old american cars before this, and not one of them can hold a candle to this one. I love it!!!!"

A Classic Lexus Experience

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "ride, cabin, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "handling, city mpg, slow"

"This Lexus is highly practical but also rather luxurious. It has a very definitively smooth ride that can be compared to riding on a cloud or even ice skating. The same suspension that makes this car very comfortable also makes it dispirited and at times dull, for a young guy like me anyway. The chassis absorbs even the harshest bumps well and the speed of the vehicle has no reflection on the quietness of the cabin. Know that you will be hard pressed to find a smoother running sedan. The luxurious features of the this car are top of the line (for 2001) heated electric adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. I have owned this car from 60k-80k miles and reliability has been excellent absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever. The electronic components match the superb quality of the engine and suspension. Everything is extremely well put together resulting in an extremely quiet ride. The only gripes I have with this car is its, engine which while being of an outstanding reliability (the mk2), manages to obtain poor city gas mileage but only demands regular fuel. Sort of a mixed bag really. The more up to date engines of today surpass the mk2 in every category except, again, unparalleled reliability. But the mk2 is not overly slow,being a 3.0 V6. It can give you a rush if you put your foot down, but don't expect to win any drag races. This would be an excellent car for a person who wants an extra smooth ride, reliability, and a luxurious experience at a cheap price.If your are above the age of 25 this car is heaven. But id like to feel the road and get the adrenaline pumping when i drive so this car isn't best suited for someone like me. For young enthusiastic drivers, please look elsewhere. An added bonus is the car is amazing on the snow (as long as you have decent all season tires), due to the design most of the weight falls on the front wheels. I live in Chicago so I know how it handles in bad weather. Other cars I have owned and would recommend: -Lexus LS 430 2001 -Toyota Sienna 1998 -Honda Civic EX 2006 -Acura TL 2004"

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Dependablity, Smooth Ride, Stylish"

Cons: "Squeeky Brake Noise"

"I bought my car Sept 12, 2001 - very sad day in US history, but it has been the absolute best car. I am not looking forward to giving up this fine beauty when the time comes. It's a Coach Edition with onyx emblems. I must get 2 offers a month from strangers asking me if I would like to sell. The only complaint I have is squeaky brakes, which I have had since day one. The maintenance has been regular so I have not experienced any horror stories yet. I will be replacing a timing belt next week, but that is me not wanting to wait until the last moment - the repairs all have been minimal (oil changes, brakes, a battery, tires). If Lexus still builds a car like this one, I'll buy another one! It's been such a good car."

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Drive it. You'll love it."

Cons: "Wish it got a couple of more miles per gallon."

"I've had my 1997 Lexus for 14 years and going to keep it until it dies. It has been the most reliable automobile I have ever owned. Regular oil changes and maintence keeps it running smoothly. One major repair has been the timing belt, but guess what it will probably out live me. I'm 65 years of age."

High reliability over 203,000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "High reliability"

Cons: "Not sure"

"High reliability, great for a used car. Maintaining basic service care will result in 300,000 plus miles of driving. Maintain regular oil and filter changes every 3,000-4,000 miles (not 5,000 miles due to sludge problems with other "rare" Lexus flaws ). Check engine light is common past 150,000 miles. Use fuel injector cleaner, spark plugs should be less than 80,000 miles old. More comfortable than some new $40,000 luxury cars."

love love love this car! I will buy another!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"All cars need maintenance but repairs are almost never with this car!!! I did replace the engine and the tranny at 200,000 miles but it is well worth it! spend 3000 for another 70.000 or more miles, Never had to pay for anything else over $100.00! Super confertable and easy on the eyes! will be buying another one!!!!!"

very best of the best

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"It is the very best car out there, I mean there is nothing even close to this one. You cant go wrong with it very reliable. Fun to drive on long trips, I avg 200 plus miles everyday, no issues with this car at all, gets great gas mileage for a car this size I avg 31.25 mpg, with a full size car that rides like a car twice its wieght, very quick to pass just push the gas and, your moving 85-90 in no time flat. I will own nothing else but a lexus from here on out. Nice solid cars clean lines timeless great cars."

BEST car ever!

By on Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Mine has 208K on it now and I still have yet to have any problems. This vehicle is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I will definitely look to Lexus the next time I'm ready to purchase another vehicle. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!"

lexus is tops

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I had the GS 300 for 14 years and enjoyed every minute of it. It was the most dependable and comfortable car I have had ever had. Don't know why anyone would want any other make of car. Over 240,000 miles and I only changed plugs twice and regular oil changes it ran as good as it did from day one."

I love this car

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"I got my 2002 Lexus ES300 certified used, the first luxury car I ever owned, two years ago with 35,000 miles on it. It looked like brand new, and still does. This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned or driven in. I've had to do nothing to it except gas and oil (except now at 60K I guess I need to give her some scheduled maintenance). I alternate this car between her and her new little sister Corolla, and look forward to driving my Lexus every time. Everyone that comes in my car comments how nice it is. I recommend this car to anyone."