2001 Lexus ES

9.5

Based on 292 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

very best of the best

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"It is the very best car out there, I mean there is nothing even close to this one. You cant go wrong with it very reliable. Fun to drive on long trips, I avg 200 plus miles everyday, no issues with this car at all, gets great gas mileage for a car this size I avg 31.25 mpg, with a full size car that rides like a car twice its wieght, very quick to pass just push the gas and, your moving 85-90 in no time flat. I will own nothing else but a lexus from here on out. Nice solid cars clean lines timeless great cars."

BEST car ever!

By on Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Mine has 208K on it now and I still have yet to have any problems. This vehicle is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I will definitely look to Lexus the next time I'm ready to purchase another vehicle. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!"

lexus is tops

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I had the GS 300 for 14 years and enjoyed every minute of it. It was the most dependable and comfortable car I have had ever had. Don't know why anyone would want any other make of car. Over 240,000 miles and I only changed plugs twice and regular oil changes it ran as good as it did from day one."

I love this car

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"I got my 2002 Lexus ES300 certified used, the first luxury car I ever owned, two years ago with 35,000 miles on it. It looked like brand new, and still does. This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned or driven in. I've had to do nothing to it except gas and oil (except now at 60K I guess I need to give her some scheduled maintenance). I alternate this car between her and her new little sister Corolla, and look forward to driving my Lexus every time. Everyone that comes in my car comments how nice it is. I recommend this car to anyone."

Best Most Dependable Luxury car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought new with chrome wheels and adjustable suspension. Everything has worked perfectly since I have owned the car. Only put new tires and brakes on the car. I did install a new timing belt at 100k per dealer recommendation. Never had any issues because everything just works. Many people have tried to buy it from me but since it works so well I think I will keep it for a long time."

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Drive it. You'll love it."

Cons: "Wish it got a couple of more miles per gallon."

"I've had my 1997 Lexus for 14 years and going to keep it until it dies. It has been the most reliable automobile I have ever owned. Regular oil changes and maintence keeps it running smoothly. One major repair has been the timing belt, but guess what it will probably out live me. I'm 65 years of age."

Best car ever! Lowest maintenance - Unbelievable!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable; only routine maintenance - no prob."

Cons: "back cup holders are week."

"I bought my '97 Lexus ES300 new. I have always provided regular maintenance on the car (oil changes, tire rotations, major "check ups" at recommended intervals i.e. 60k, 90k, etc) but otherwise this car has been the most trouble free car ever. At 180,000 miles, I just replaced the rear brake pads for the 2nd time (yes you read that correctly). The front brake pads were replaced at 90k and are still going strong! I recently had to have a new spark plug at 175k (the first and only one). Otherwise a few other items have had to be replaced in the past couple of years (items that for other cars would have gone much sooner - muffler/exhaust (due to rust), and I also put new shock absorbers on the car. Each of these items were required above 150k and really are just maintenance items that any other car would have needed much sooner. The car still drives as smooth and quiet as it did 15 years ago, in fact, I have to really pay attention too the speedometer because you can find yourself going too fast without realizing it b/c the engine doesn't rev even at high speeds despite its age and # of miles. I have always used premium gas and the car gets 26 MPG on avg. As you can tell, I love this car despite the fact that I also own a 2006 Lexus RX350, 2006 BMW 330 ci (hate BMW - not reliable and certainly not "ultimate driving machine" - but convertible is fun; and 2011 Infiniti G37x - also highly recommended."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"This is my 2nd ES300. I've always been extremely pleased with both. I've had my 1999 for 9 years now and still love driving it and still find myself looking back to admire it when I'm walking away from it."

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"bought my 2000 ES 7 years ago, used. WOW what a great car it is and still is. I have put 180,000 miles on it with only 2 problems. Gas cap needed to be replaced that was scary because the "check engine" light came on while I was on the freeway ($75) and the driver's side window rolled down and wouldn't go up ($350) 1 day before Thanksgiving. I test drove a brand new Toyota Solara several months ago and did not buy it because my 8 year old car still rode better than a brand new car."

Mixed Feelings

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I upgraded to this 2004 after driving a 1999 Lexus ES300. I've been very disappointed with its responsiveness - huge hesitation when accelerating. I also despise the automatic windshield wipers, which are NEVER at the speed that I'd like them to be. (Give me my old intermittent wipers any day.) It is great on long trips, though, and very quiet and smooth on the highway."