2001 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 280 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

A Classic Lexus Experience

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "ride, cabin, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "handling, city mpg, slow"

"This Lexus is highly practical but also rather luxurious. It has a very definitively smooth ride that can be compared to riding on a cloud or even ice skating. The same suspension that makes this car very comfortable also makes it dispirited and at times dull, for a young guy like me anyway. The chassis absorbs even the harshest bumps well and the speed of the vehicle has no reflection on the quietness of the cabin. Know that you will be hard pressed to find a smoother running sedan. The luxurious features of the this car are top of the line (for 2001) heated electric adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. I have owned this car from 60k-80k miles and reliability has been excellent absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever. The electronic components match the superb quality of the engine and suspension. Everything is extremely well put together resulting in an extremely quiet ride. The only gripes I have with this car is its, engine which while being of an outstanding reliability (the mk2), manages to obtain poor city gas mileage but only demands regular fuel. Sort of a mixed bag really. The more up to date engines of today surpass the mk2 in every category except, again, unparalleled reliability. But the mk2 is not overly slow,being a 3.0 V6. It can give you a rush if you put your foot down, but don't expect to win any drag races. This would be an excellent car for a person who wants an extra smooth ride, reliability, and a luxurious experience at a cheap price.If your are above the age of 25 this car is heaven. But id like to feel the road and get the adrenaline pumping when i drive so this car isn't best suited for someone like me. For young enthusiastic drivers, please look elsewhere. An added bonus is the car is amazing on the snow (as long as you have decent all season tires), due to the design most of the weight falls on the front wheels. I live in Chicago so I know how it handles in bad weather. Other cars I have owned and would recommend: -Lexus LS 430 2001 -Toyota Sienna 1998 -Honda Civic EX 2006 -Acura TL 2004"

Quality,comfort,sporty design.

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

"Lexus makes fine cars but the '01 ES 300 is a much sportier, better looking car than later models."

coach edition,great ride,clean throughout

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"only issue as we get older not as easy to enter and exit due to low profile.Great car for younger person.Well maintained. No smoker"

Never mind maintaining this car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "very luxurious, but cheap!"

Cons: "NO!"

"except for change the tire and oil, I never repair this car! really great! I love it. I guess I can still drive another 50,000 miles at least."

It simply is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I would own another If I could afford it but alas I cannot..."