2000 Lexus ES

9.5

Based on 292 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

A Classic Lexus Experience

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "ride, cabin, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "handling, city mpg, slow"

"This Lexus is highly practical but also rather luxurious. It has a very definitively smooth ride that can be compared to riding on a cloud or even ice skating. The same suspension that makes this car very comfortable also makes it dispirited and at times dull, for a young guy like me anyway. The chassis absorbs even the harshest bumps well and the speed of the vehicle has no reflection on the quietness of the cabin. Know that you will be hard pressed to find a smoother running sedan. The luxurious features of the this car are top of the line (for 2001) heated electric adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. I have owned this car from 60k-80k miles and reliability has been excellent absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever. The electronic components match the superb quality of the engine and suspension. Everything is extremely well put together resulting in an extremely quiet ride. The only gripes I have with this car is its, engine which while being of an outstanding reliability (the mk2), manages to obtain poor city gas mileage but only demands regular fuel. Sort of a mixed bag really. The more up to date engines of today surpass the mk2 in every category except, again, unparalleled reliability. But the mk2 is not overly slow,being a 3.0 V6. It can give you a rush if you put your foot down, but don't expect to win any drag races. This would be an excellent car for a person who wants an extra smooth ride, reliability, and a luxurious experience at a cheap price.If your are above the age of 25 this car is heaven. But id like to feel the road and get the adrenaline pumping when i drive so this car isn't best suited for someone like me. For young enthusiastic drivers, please look elsewhere. An added bonus is the car is amazing on the snow (as long as you have decent all season tires), due to the design most of the weight falls on the front wheels. I live in Chicago so I know how it handles in bad weather. Other cars I have owned and would recommend: -Lexus LS 430 2001 -Toyota Sienna 1998 -Honda Civic EX 2006 -Acura TL 2004"

Great Vehicle, Great Value, Sweet Ride

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "great V6 engine, sexy exterior design, good MPG"

Cons: "cup holder design, otherwise none"

"I drove around in my dad's Lexus for over a year and loved every minute of it. This car has a top notch stereo, and its exterior design is ahead of its time. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, and drives really smooth! I loved my dad's Lexus ES300 so much, i got the exact same car with 171000 miles on it for my first car! If this car ever dies, (unlikely) i will end up buying another Lexus/Toyota in replace of it. Only things that need to be done are oil changes and common maintenance things. (brakes, tires, etc...) I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sexy, smooth, and luxurious ride!!"

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Dependablity, Smooth Ride, Stylish"

Cons: "Squeeky Brake Noise"

"I bought my car Sept 12, 2001 - very sad day in US history, but it has been the absolute best car. I am not looking forward to giving up this fine beauty when the time comes. It's a Coach Edition with onyx emblems. I must get 2 offers a month from strangers asking me if I would like to sell. The only complaint I have is squeaky brakes, which I have had since day one. The maintenance has been regular so I have not experienced any horror stories yet. I will be replacing a timing belt next week, but that is me not wanting to wait until the last moment - the repairs all have been minimal (oil changes, brakes, a battery, tires). If Lexus still builds a car like this one, I'll buy another one! It's been such a good car."

High reliability over 203,000 miles

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "High reliability"

Cons: "Not sure"

"High reliability, great for a used car. Maintaining basic service care will result in 300,000 plus miles of driving. Maintain regular oil and filter changes every 3,000-4,000 miles (not 5,000 miles due to sludge problems with other "rare" Lexus flaws ). Check engine light is common past 150,000 miles. Use fuel injector cleaner, spark plugs should be less than 80,000 miles old. More comfortable than some new $40,000 luxury cars."

love love love this car! I will buy another!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"All cars need maintenance but repairs are almost never with this car!!! I did replace the engine and the tranny at 200,000 miles but it is well worth it! spend 3000 for another 70.000 or more miles, Never had to pay for anything else over $100.00! Super confertable and easy on the eyes! will be buying another one!!!!!"