2000 Lexus ES

9.5

Based on 290 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

2001 ES300

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 1 year now and am absolutely satisfied. I bought it when it had 160k miles and now has 180k miles on it. The previous owner had all the maintenance done at the Lexus dealer so the car was in excellent condition. The only problem that I have had was the ignition coils. I had to replace 2 of them and they were kind of pricey ($120 ea. plus $140 for the labor if you choose to take it to the shop). If you do all of the maintenance when you are supposed to, you will not have any trouble with the car. I just returned from a long spring break trip and the car didn't let me down. None of the 3 passengers didn't complain about the comfort at any time. I get 30mpg on the highway and about 13-14 mpg inside the city. Yeah its that bad. The car is not that much fun to drive since it is a little bit on the heavy side but I have a motorcycle to compensate for that. The car has excellent handling in snow. Handles better than my sisters 4wd Subaru. One last thing is the on-board computer. It turned on the Check Engine light when I was going down a very steep hill in San Francisco and once when I was driving with the tire chains on. If you ride for about 200 miles the computer will realize that there isn't actually a problem and turn off by itself. This is getting lengthy but I think that the other buyers should get and in depth review about their next car anyway. If you are looking for a luxury, comfortable car that will never let you down at any condition this is it."

Crash tested A+++++

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"My ES330 was just totalled and I will really miss it. But, what a car to have a serious collision in. I was hit from behind by a pickup at 60 mph (I was stopped) and smashed into a pickup in front of me. The front seats were untouched and I got out on my own with only bruises. If you do a lot of freeway and highway driving and are looking for a safe car...this one stood the test!"

Best Car Ever Owned

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I purchased this car in Nov. 2006 pre-owned with 25,000 miles. The car currently has 48,000 miles. The car is roomy, rides like a dream, and still looks new. I have taken the car on long trips with great gas mileage of 35 MPG and the most comfortable ride of any car I have owned. I will be a repeat Lexus owner when this one is replaced. I would recommend a Lexus to everyone looking for a luxury car."

So happy I bought this car over 2 years ago!!!

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "residual value, ownership costs used, reliability"

"I am a college student and I have always had my eye on the Lexus brand. Having owned a '98 Mercedes ES320 and an '02 Acura TL in the past I was hoping Lexus wouldn't let me down. I have owned the car for 2 years now and the only thing I have had to do was replace the battery and bought new tires. Two years ago I purchased the car (I got a great deal) for $4,500 from a private party, flash ahead 2 years...and the trade in value is about that much. It amazes me how much these vehicles retain there used car value, and you can often ask $3,000 for a Lexus with over 250,000 miles on it because people know they run like a charm past 300,000 miles if well taken care of. After 13 years I started getting rust around the back wheels (this is a MN car after all). Leather seats are still in great shape, road noise is at a minimum, nice fuel economy (averaging 24) in the summer months around town, highway is about 28. The only thing I can't stand are the cup holders...unless it's a can of soda, it will tip over. I kept my Mercedes for less than a year...if things could go wrong...they did, and none of it was covered under the $4,600 extended warrantee I purchased. My Acura I kept for 5 years, great car but started to have transmission problems and it only had 89,000 miles on it. I am sure there are bad Lexus cars out there...but just like everything else you have to do your research before buying a car. My car came with a CarFax as well as all maintenance paperwork completed since day 1. My graduation gift to myself will be the 2015 Lexus IS C or the 2015 Lexus GS. I love my car and am already looking forward to having 2 Lexus vehicles in my driveway!!!"

All-Around Perfect Reliable Vehicle

By on Monday, August 04, 2008

"I bought this vehicle in the year 2000 with 23,000 miles on it (Certified), I now have 155,600 miles on it and the car still runs perfect. Now when I say perfect, i mean the engine is still so smooth, the car shifts gears (auto) smoothly, acceleration and turning and breaking is still so very good! Between the years 2000-2008, the major mechanical services performed on my ES300 were: The timing belt-$450. 2 Cylinders failed at different times-$225 each--This was after 130,000 miles on the car though. And the reason they failed is because at pointsi like to force the cars power and its' ability to perform under tough situations. Other regular maintenance requirements have been made such as: Tune up, tire balance, and wheel alignment every 20,000 miles. 4-New tires every 1.5 years. Oil change (synthetic) every 3,500 miles. Cooling system is excellent, car never over-heated even under the hot extreme conditions i have put it through. Oil warms up well enough to drive in less then 4 minutes. Over all this car is excellent, from the engine side, to the comfort side. Very safe and affordable luxury vehicle. I'm sure this vehicle won't be as good anymore in the upcoming years because of it's many years on the road, and you obviously will never find a new '99 ES300 anymore, but the similar vehicles made by Lexus or any vehicles made by Lexus, 99% of the time will get the same ratings reviews. EXCELLENT RELIABLE PRODUCTION -Thank You Lexus. :)"