2000 Lexus ES

9.5

Based on 292 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Much better than Camry

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"I discovered this car in 2000 by leaning on it while the salesman was trying to sell me a 1997 Avalon. I took a ride and was astounded at the difference between the two supposedly similar cars; the Lexus was at least a class above the Avalon. It had 57,000 miles and I can't believe it was any better when it was new. I used it mainly to drive the 60 miles each way to work, and it cruised comfortably on the highway. The ride was smooth and silent, and the acceleraion was immediate. I got 25-30 mpg. So where do we stand now? It's my wife's car and she prefers it to the 2000 Avalon I have. But she's concerned that a 200K car won't be reliable, so we're selling it. I'll be sorry to see it go. So what's gone wrong? Nothing much. The worst thing that happened was that our local friendly garage mechanic put (I believe) the wrong shocks on it at around 120K and the ride was never the same again. We had to replace an emissions sensor at aound 150K and the whole display for the stereo fails to work, though the sound system itself is fine. The quality of the whole car is such that you feel nothing can go wrong, so you get annoyed when it does. I bought it at 57K for $20,000. There are tiouches on it that you wouldn't notice, because the Camry does without them, like a shock absorber for the engine sub-mount and thicker glass all round. The extra money for the Lexus has gone into many improvents like this - it's not just a Camry with wood inside. The salesman when I bought it said, "Be careful, once you own a Lexus you won't be satisfied with anything less." I know just what he meant, and although my budget has never allowed me to buy another one, it's the best car I've ever owned."

What an awesome car!!!

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Reason: Was time to move on

Pros: "The most reliable car ever!!, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Nothing!!"

"I purchased this car used with over 170,000 miles and after it was in a accident. I fixed the cosmetic issues and this baby drove smoother than any car I have ever driven. And it kept on driving that way at 243,000 miles but I ended up selling it to get a newer car. If your looking for the most reliable car, go for this car."

Used Lexus is worth it

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"I have had my car for only 3 years but my brother had it for several years prior. I of course did not buy it new. The thing is, I have added approx 200,000 miles on it in my short 3 years and have had no major costly problems. Despite all that driving and how old it is it still drives like it's a new car. My point here is that if you can't afford a new car or just think they're not worth the $$ (like I do) then I recommend old luxury cars. Because even though I don't have all the fancy stuff new cars have, I still don't feel like I'm driving a cheap vehicle that will break down any moment. Lexus is awesome!"

The Best Car

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pros: "Highly Reliable Family Car; Low Maintenance. Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Caalytic Converters; need to replace every 2 years."

"I have this car at 200K ; wow, year 2011, still runs brand new; only changes are catalytic converter for emission inspection; other than that, just regular maintenance. btw, I bought at 83K miles in 2005. Never worried about long distance; several trips to Miami, Florida Keys, Pittsburgh, West Virginia,Chicago, Detroit...No problems at all. I highly recommend this. Planning to add another 50K-80K miles and sell."

Outstanding dependable, comfortable automobile

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfortable. Has lots of get up and go!"

"This car is really a luxury vehicle in every sense of the word. I recommend it for a dependable used vehicle. Mileage on freeway driving is 33MPG plus"