1999 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 297 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"When I purchased my 2002 Lexus two years ago it had 73000 miles on it. Alot of research went into buying a car with that many miles. Being from the old school, when cars would fall apart after 50000 miles, I discided to bite the bullet and purchased this car for $18000. I have taken this car to Florida twice and never thought about it. I would recommend a Lexus to anyone. I will be a loyal Lexus customer from now on!"

Simply Amazing!

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I've never experienced a car that is 13 years old and still drives like it is new! From the engine to the paint to the interior, everything holds up and stands the test of time! My '97 ES300 with 193k miles has more features and drives smoother than some of the current domestic models on the road today! My only gripe is the gas mileage--Combined city/highway driving is 17 MPG and from what I hear this is pretty standard. Other than that, if you want a stylish, quality and well built car that still looks new 10+ years later, get an ES300 today!"

My most favorite car

By on Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I would also like to add my two cents about my 1998 Lexus Es300. It's the 4th car that I've driven, and I am the 3rd owner. I am in love with the car. I bought it at 103k miles in 8-2007 and I have 166k on it now. It still runs and looks great. The audio system is very good being the Nakamichi system. It has a good amount of power that is not hindered by it's 3700lb weight. Gas mileage is good too! I have gotten 32mpg on highway trips, and I usually get an average of 28mpg with combined highway and city driving. The only thing that I have had to do to it besides regular maintenance is replace the rear struts- which is an age related thing. Other than that, just brakes, tires and battery. If you are looking for a used car- even if it's over 10 years old, you will NOT be disappointed! The styling is a bit boring- but that's classic Lexus. These cars will easily go to 250k-300k miles. I hope I can keep it that long; the only thing that would stop me is my husband wanting a different or newer car. I've owned 3 11+ year old american cars before this, and not one of them can hold a candle to this one. I love it!!!!"

A Classic Lexus Experience

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "ride, cabin, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "handling, city mpg, slow"

"This Lexus is highly practical but also rather luxurious. It has a very definitively smooth ride that can be compared to riding on a cloud or even ice skating. The same suspension that makes this car very comfortable also makes it dispirited and at times dull, for a young guy like me anyway. The chassis absorbs even the harshest bumps well and the speed of the vehicle has no reflection on the quietness of the cabin. Know that you will be hard pressed to find a smoother running sedan. The luxurious features of the this car are top of the line (for 2001) heated electric adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. I have owned this car from 60k-80k miles and reliability has been excellent absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever. The electronic components match the superb quality of the engine and suspension. Everything is extremely well put together resulting in an extremely quiet ride. The only gripes I have with this car is its, engine which while being of an outstanding reliability (the mk2), manages to obtain poor city gas mileage but only demands regular fuel. Sort of a mixed bag really. The more up to date engines of today surpass the mk2 in every category except, again, unparalleled reliability. But the mk2 is not overly slow,being a 3.0 V6. It can give you a rush if you put your foot down, but don't expect to win any drag races. This would be an excellent car for a person who wants an extra smooth ride, reliability, and a luxurious experience at a cheap price.If your are above the age of 25 this car is heaven. But id like to feel the road and get the adrenaline pumping when i drive so this car isn't best suited for someone like me. For young enthusiastic drivers, please look elsewhere. An added bonus is the car is amazing on the snow (as long as you have decent all season tires), due to the design most of the weight falls on the front wheels. I live in Chicago so I know how it handles in bad weather. Other cars I have owned and would recommend: -Lexus LS 430 2001 -Toyota Sienna 1998 -Honda Civic EX 2006 -Acura TL 2004"

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Dependablity, Smooth Ride, Stylish"

Cons: "Squeeky Brake Noise"

"I bought my car Sept 12, 2001 - very sad day in US history, but it has been the absolute best car. I am not looking forward to giving up this fine beauty when the time comes. It's a Coach Edition with onyx emblems. I must get 2 offers a month from strangers asking me if I would like to sell. The only complaint I have is squeaky brakes, which I have had since day one. The maintenance has been regular so I have not experienced any horror stories yet. I will be replacing a timing belt next week, but that is me not wanting to wait until the last moment - the repairs all have been minimal (oil changes, brakes, a battery, tires). If Lexus still builds a car like this one, I'll buy another one! It's been such a good car."