1999 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 281 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great machine

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Cons: "Cost"

"Even at 12 years old, this car drives like a dream. Having all the recommended services done, I have peace of mind. Very nimble on the road, power when you need it and the comforts of a true luxury vehicle. Pity they don't make them like this anymore. I am having a hard time upgrading."

Great Vehicle, Great Value, Sweet Ride

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "great V6 engine, sexy exterior design, good MPG"

Cons: "cup holder design, otherwise none"

"I drove around in my dad's Lexus for over a year and loved every minute of it. This car has a top notch stereo, and its exterior design is ahead of its time. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, and drives really smooth! I loved my dad's Lexus ES300 so much, i got the exact same car with 171000 miles on it for my first car! If this car ever dies, (unlikely) i will end up buying another Lexus/Toyota in replace of it. Only things that need to be done are oil changes and common maintenance things. (brakes, tires, etc...) I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sexy, smooth, and luxurious ride!!"

Outstanding vehicle

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

"I have been so satified with this car. It has over 300K miles on it and all I have ever had to do is regular maintenance. It still runs, drives and looks great after all of these years."

Still drives beautifully even after 200k

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

"I bought my 2001 Lexus ES300 from a dealer several years ago. It had 75k on it when I purchased it. Wowww who knew then that I would still enjoy it after so many carefree miles. Nothing ever goes wrong with these cars. Especially the older ones. My daughter has well over 200k on her 98 ES300. I change the oil do regular mantenince at they just keep running and running. I am so impressed. I keep test driving newer cars and keep coming back to my tried and true Lexus."

What an awesome car!!!

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Reason: Was time to move on

Pros: "The most reliable car ever!!, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Nothing!!"

"I purchased this car used with over 170,000 miles and after it was in a accident. I fixed the cosmetic issues and this baby drove smoother than any car I have ever driven. And it kept on driving that way at 243,000 miles but I ended up selling it to get a newer car. If your looking for the most reliable car, go for this car."

This is the best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Dependablity, Smooth Ride, Stylish"

Cons: "Squeeky Brake Noise"

"I bought my car Sept 12, 2001 - very sad day in US history, but it has been the absolute best car. I am not looking forward to giving up this fine beauty when the time comes. It's a Coach Edition with onyx emblems. I must get 2 offers a month from strangers asking me if I would like to sell. The only complaint I have is squeaky brakes, which I have had since day one. The maintenance has been regular so I have not experienced any horror stories yet. I will be replacing a timing belt next week, but that is me not wanting to wait until the last moment - the repairs all have been minimal (oil changes, brakes, a battery, tires). If Lexus still builds a car like this one, I'll buy another one! It's been such a good car."

Great car! Too compact for me...

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "strong engine, reliable, great looks."

Cons: "a bit too compact for most people."

"This car has a very strong engine. Good handling, and plenty of trunk space. A couple of things that make this car a "must trade" for me, the interior is not roomy enough for me... I'm 6"tall. Though the leg room is very good, even at my height. Not very much shoulder room. The Other challenge I faced was the glove box. This car has a cd changer, so there is only enough room for a vehicle manual. I will say, my previous vehicle was a Toyota Avalon. Enough said. I got a really good deal on this car and my wife feel in love with its fun and sporty looks, and how it still manages to stay luxury at the same time with that Lexus name. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle. So long as your average to small person."

Used Lexus is worth it

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"I have had my car for only 3 years but my brother had it for several years prior. I of course did not buy it new. The thing is, I have added approx 200,000 miles on it in my short 3 years and have had no major costly problems. Despite all that driving and how old it is it still drives like it's a new car. My point here is that if you can't afford a new car or just think they're not worth the $$ (like I do) then I recommend old luxury cars. Because even though I don't have all the fancy stuff new cars have, I still don't feel like I'm driving a cheap vehicle that will break down any moment. Lexus is awesome!"

Bought a used 97 Lexus ES 300 the best used car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reason: Upgrade to another lexus

Pros: "Genuine leather interior,comfortable on long drive"

Cons: "Cup holders and Radio secreen"

"I bought used 1997 ES 300 in 2008. It was high milage at 169000 at the time. I was very skeptical about high miles but I fell in love with the car at first sight. This car never gave me any problem and I sold it in Mrach 2013 with 204000 miles on it. No problem what so ever in 4 years. only changed Altenator & Battery and off course changed tires. Great experience with Lexus will buy another one any time, actually looking to buy a 1999 ES 300. Great car and nice safety with luxry"

very reliable and high quality

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "cup holders and the side windows do not have frame"

"my lexus only had 90,000mi on it.it is black on black and looks very nice. it has not gave me any problems... I also have a 1995 es300 with 230.000mi on it and still running strong and could easily go for another 100.000miles."