1999 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 272 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Wow, awesome vehicle, even with high miles!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "it's really good looking, luxurious, and reliable"

Cons: "just the gas mileage, really, it's beautiful!"

10+ year old Lexus ES 300 with 150K miles, lookin' good

"I have been buying nicer and nicer cars at around 10+ years of age and this Lexus is just beautiful, runs great, the dealer doesn't try to upsell me on service (they say, Lexus cars are built to not need constant maintenance, wow). It's luxurious, roomy, wears well, drives well, looks sexy, and has a nice large tank for gas (a good thing when you don't get the best gas mileage ever :) I have an Acura that is in most ways better, but I let my kids learn to drive in it so it's beat up, and it's not quite as beautiful as the Lexus. I've had this car for almost three years and it has never needed anything (well, don't ever lock your keys inside!). I never worry about something going wrong, I can hit the gas and get a reasonably fast response when needed, and although it tries to decide what speed I want, it is smooth and reliable. I think I can drive it many more years."

10+ year old Lexus ES 300 with 150K miles, lookin' good

Diamond in a rough!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Drives well, great price, BUY NOW!"

Cons: "Exhaust problem, overheats, needs work!"

"We all know that Lexus create luxury cars, but this one just needs a little work. There has been some exterior damage done to this vehichle in the front and right side. It needs new tires, expection sticker, and new brakes as well. It over heats after a while but with a little fixing it will be GOOD AS NEW! I just purchased a new battery for it last year, and the inside is fairly clean. I brought this car three years ago as my first car, and I am not looking to get a new car. I purchased this car in 2012 for a little over $5,000 but I only want $1000 for it due to the work that needs to be put into it. It gets me back and forth to work and home, but it just honestly needs more work and I cant afford to do that right now."

A Classic Lexus Experience

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "ride, cabin, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "handling, city mpg, slow"

"This Lexus is highly practical but also rather luxurious. It has a very definitively smooth ride that can be compared to riding on a cloud or even ice skating. The same suspension that makes this car very comfortable also makes it dispirited and at times dull, for a young guy like me anyway. The chassis absorbs even the harshest bumps well and the speed of the vehicle has no reflection on the quietness of the cabin. Know that you will be hard pressed to find a smoother running sedan. The luxurious features of the this car are top of the line (for 2001) heated electric adjustable seats are extremely comfortable. I have owned this car from 60k-80k miles and reliability has been excellent absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever. The electronic components match the superb quality of the engine and suspension. Everything is extremely well put together resulting in an extremely quiet ride. The only gripes I have with this car is its, engine which while being of an outstanding reliability (the mk2), manages to obtain poor city gas mileage but only demands regular fuel. Sort of a mixed bag really. The more up to date engines of today surpass the mk2 in every category except, again, unparalleled reliability. But the mk2 is not overly slow,being a 3.0 V6. It can give you a rush if you put your foot down, but don't expect to win any drag races. This would be an excellent car for a person who wants an extra smooth ride, reliability, and a luxurious experience at a cheap price.If your are above the age of 25 this car is heaven. But id like to feel the road and get the adrenaline pumping when i drive so this car isn't best suited for someone like me. For young enthusiastic drivers, please look elsewhere. An added bonus is the car is amazing on the snow (as long as you have decent all season tires), due to the design most of the weight falls on the front wheels. I live in Chicago so I know how it handles in bad weather. Other cars I have owned and would recommend: -Lexus LS 430 2001 -Toyota Sienna 1998 -Honda Civic EX 2006 -Acura TL 2004"

Quality,comfort,sporty design.

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

"Lexus makes fine cars but the '01 ES 300 is a much sportier, better looking car than later models."

coach edition,great ride,clean throughout

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"only issue as we get older not as easy to enter and exit due to low profile.Great car for younger person.Well maintained. No smoker"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25