1997 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 290 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

What an awesome car!!!

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Reason: Was time to move on

Pros: "The most reliable car ever!!, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Nothing!!"

"I purchased this car used with over 170,000 miles and after it was in a accident. I fixed the cosmetic issues and this baby drove smoother than any car I have ever driven. And it kept on driving that way at 243,000 miles but I ended up selling it to get a newer car. If your looking for the most reliable car, go for this car."

Still drives beautifully even after 200k

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

"I bought my 2001 Lexus ES300 from a dealer several years ago. It had 75k on it when I purchased it. Wowww who knew then that I would still enjoy it after so many carefree miles. Nothing ever goes wrong with these cars. Especially the older ones. My daughter has well over 200k on her 98 ES300. I change the oil do regular mantenince at they just keep running and running. I am so impressed. I keep test driving newer cars and keep coming back to my tried and true Lexus."

The Best Car

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pros: "Highly Reliable Family Car; Low Maintenance. Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Caalytic Converters; need to replace every 2 years."

"I have this car at 200K ; wow, year 2011, still runs brand new; only changes are catalytic converter for emission inspection; other than that, just regular maintenance. btw, I bought at 83K miles in 2005. Never worried about long distance; several trips to Miami, Florida Keys, Pittsburgh, West Virginia,Chicago, Detroit...No problems at all. I highly recommend this. Planning to add another 50K-80K miles and sell."

Outstanding dependable, comfortable automobile

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfortable. Has lots of get up and go!"

"This car is really a luxury vehicle in every sense of the word. I recommend it for a dependable used vehicle. Mileage on freeway driving is 33MPG plus"

2001 ES300

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 1 year now and am absolutely satisfied. I bought it when it had 160k miles and now has 180k miles on it. The previous owner had all the maintenance done at the Lexus dealer so the car was in excellent condition. The only problem that I have had was the ignition coils. I had to replace 2 of them and they were kind of pricey ($120 ea. plus $140 for the labor if you choose to take it to the shop). If you do all of the maintenance when you are supposed to, you will not have any trouble with the car. I just returned from a long spring break trip and the car didn't let me down. None of the 3 passengers didn't complain about the comfort at any time. I get 30mpg on the highway and about 13-14 mpg inside the city. Yeah its that bad. The car is not that much fun to drive since it is a little bit on the heavy side but I have a motorcycle to compensate for that. The car has excellent handling in snow. Handles better than my sisters 4wd Subaru. One last thing is the on-board computer. It turned on the Check Engine light when I was going down a very steep hill in San Francisco and once when I was driving with the tire chains on. If you ride for about 200 miles the computer will realize that there isn't actually a problem and turn off by itself. This is getting lengthy but I think that the other buyers should get and in depth review about their next car anyway. If you are looking for a luxury, comfortable car that will never let you down at any condition this is it."