1996 Lexus ES

Based on 150 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Had car for 150K Miles never a major problem. Got a new vehicle last week"

very good vehicle

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"ever since i bought this car i have loved toyota and lexus its a very reliable car and comfort low maintance, but never lose the keys on it very expensive"

Great car

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Bought this car in CA and moved it to MA with ony 1700 miles on it. Wife drove it for 5 years, and then passed it to me. 90K miles, and only service needed other than normal maintenance was an airbag replacement. The bag went bad with no warning, just an airbag light on the dashboard. Other than that, the car was supremely reliable and comfortable. Toyota reliability with Lexus experience is a definate plus. I was impressed with the dealer service when we bought it, and also the dealer where I got the airbag replaced."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

I own this car
Reason: Found a really good deal...... - My approximate mileage is 225,275

Pros: "Quiet, reliable, everything you expect from a car."

Cons: "cup holders could have been better placed."

"This car was 6 yrs old when I bought it, had 78,000 miles on it. It is now 17 yrs old, has over 225,000 on it and is still the quietest car I have ever owned. Maintenance is easy-breezy. We have appox $600 into it other than the usual oil and tire changes. Everything on this car still works like a dream. If the opprotunity every comes my way to own another Lexus, I will not hesitate. This is the only car I can say that I truely loved."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I purchased the vehicle new in 1998 and put 94,000 trouble free miles on it during that time. Other than oil changes, 2 sets of tires and a front brake job the vehicle has not required any work. Last week I was involved in an accident when some idiot ran a stop sign and I hit him going 58mph. I tore the front of his Ford Tempo off and rolled my Lexus twice before landing in the ditch. The car is totaled but I have no injuries and only the windshield has a small crack in it. The sun roof didn't even break but the right side of the vehicle and top are in pretty bad condition. I have no doubts that the vehicle saved my life. I'm currently looking for a Lexus that is maybe two years old or so with under 50,000 miles. I won't consider buying anything else but a Lexus."

High mileage ES

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"I have owned this car for almost 7 years now and bought it when it already had at the time high miles, around 70k. I now has in excess of 255k miles and the car is still going strong. I do all the recommended maintenance work which is cheaper than doing repairs. I have really enjoyed this car and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. If you get a chance to buy one that has been well taken care of of, jump at the chance."

Amazing quality

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"I purchased this car new in 1997. The car currently has 183,600 miles on it. Did light regular maintenance for the first 100k miles. Only do the occasional oil change nowadays (certainly less frequently than recommended). In these ten years, I have never had a problem with this car. Moreover, the car drives as if it is one year old. Still extremely smooth and quiet. The engine has not lost its potency, and fuel mileage has not suffered. I am extremely satisfied with this car's ride and quality after so long (and I've owned and driven many cars, japanese, american, and german alike). I don't plan to ever sell this vehicle as it is worth MUCH more than the $4k-$5.5k I could expect for its sale. If you are considering the purchase of one, rest assured that it will treat you better than its mileage and age imply. Certainly not the most sporty of vehicles, but a quality luxury car through-and-through."

OK for the $$$$

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"This has been a pretty good car. I had to replace the transmission w/ 140,000 miles on it. Due to a faulty knock sensor. Other than that no complaints. Plenty of power and a good ride. If you buy this car, for God sakes make sure you have the spare key. They cost $140.00 to replace. The remote is $240.00. Also make sure you have the wheel lock key and its registration papers."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I bought my ES300 in 1998 in Raleigh, NC at a side car dealer that sold import cars. It had 65,000 miles on it when I got it. It is now 2010 and I now have 273,000. I've had the usual things happen to cars like any other car. Alternator, starters, batteries, brakes, tires, ect. But nothing major. I want to buy another Lexus like a GS hybrid to save on gas, but after I wash and wax my car, I fall right back in love with it. It was a present to myself after a messy divorce and i haven't regretted it since. I love my Lexus, it has taken me to so many places in this country and she keeps on rolling along."

Unbelievable car

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I bought a 1997 ES 300 in 1999 with 40k miles on it. It now has 165,000 and has not given me one minute of trouble in the 8 years that I've owned it. I would like a newer Lexus, but this one runs so great that I hate to part with it. I'll drive it until it literally dies on me, which could be ???? I won't drive anything but a Lexus, ever."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, smooth ride/steering, great value"

Cons: "Speedometer cluster light problems, cupholders ."

"I'm in sales. I drive over 60,000 miles a year. I've had 3 95's, a 94 and a 96. The only things I ever fix are the brakes. I hardly ever have any other problems. Yes, they eventually have problems with the lights in the speedometer cluster. The power antenna also usually breaks down over time and the front seats crack. For the money, a used one only cost $2000-$3000 today, I don't think anyone could buy a better used car."

So reliable, just keeps going!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quality, comfortable, smooth ride."

Cons: "the antennae breaks easily"

"One of the best purchases I've ever made. This car has only broken down on me once in the 13 years I've owned it. And it was only a belt that needed to be replaced. It now has 325k miles on it and still runs strong like it's only a couple years old. I recently bought a used Infiniti but wish I had bought another Lexus!"

great vehicle

By on Thursday, April 7, 2011

"great car , the only thing I don't like where they put the cup holders above ashtray ,no room have to close one or the other to use !"

bought in2001 75000mi-now 261000 still fine

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Cons: "there are cupholders -it took me 2 yrs to find em"

"doesn't even burn oil yet- but the AC went this summer and I had to replace orig brakes at 230000. May have to retire the old girl as she needs suspension work."

Good quality, reliability and styling

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"This car has never not started, has never left me on the roadside. Its white with light great siding. Gas mileage is 20-22 in town and 31-33 on the highway. Very well maintained. Have records. Very comfortable seating."

my gift car

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This 1994 Lexus ES four door sedan has approx. 200K miles and is still going unbelievably strong! ... One would think that the car would not perform so well when reaching this mileage total. WRONG! This vehicle is truly unbelievable. I highly recommend it. In fact, I may even consider selling mine for the right price/offer. It's white with black interior and the body is complete, as is the interior."

what a good little car. i plan on rebuilding it

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "relaxing to drive with lotsa power when needed"

Cons: "cup holder and ashtray cheap"

"it came from kentucky, ive had it 2 yrs clean no rust. front seal leaks a little. but if i change that i will just rebuild motor and tranny. its that good of a car. after replacing struts & axles pratty smooth"

Great car

By on Friday, April 1, 2011

"This has been a great car. The car has 191k and still runs great. We have only had to replace a drive shaft because the joint boot split, replaced the radiator & timing belt. The car has never failed to start. The interior is good quality though the leather has not held up due to the previous owners not doing yearly reconditioning,"

Some work

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"I bought this car not realizing how much I was going to have to replace under the hood, but now I have a new car..basicly, everything under the hood has been replaced the only thing that has not been touched is the transmission. Good car I have put a lot of money into it just kinda sad to see what it values at. I have put 5x more money into then what it is worth. still working out some qwerks, dunno if I could sell it to get my money that I have put into it just wanted to see what it was worth."

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

i love this car

By on Monday, November 3, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and easy fix cheap car parts"

Cons: "sit to low to ground"

"I just want to see if i can get an good offer on a trade in before i decide to trade a perfectly good car i only had one problem out of it since i brought the car a year ago and its been running swell since then.."

Amazing Car

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Reason: Moving

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Leather Wears Out"

"I bought this car when I was 16 and drove it for the past 10 years back and forth from Ohio to Florida. I just recently sold it for over $2,000, even though I probably could have gotten a little more. I have loved this car since the day I got it and I believe I will never own anything but a Lexus for the rest of my life, if I can control that at least. I never had issues with the car and it was hard to let it go."

I own this car. Best car ever.

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Classy, easy driving, great gas mileage"

"Best car I have ever owned! Love it. 21,000 miles, I drive another vehicle as well. Smooth ride, handles nicely, beautiful and classy. Thinking of selling, can't quite make up my mind, too attached to this one!! I have been asked many times to consider selling my car for more than KBB, passed on those offers at the time. Fully loaded from factory, no problems to mention, too minor. I would buy another Lexus in a New York minute."

Worst Car Ever

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "great handeling"

Cons: "electrical, mechanical ........"

"I bought this car thinking that all it needed was a fuel pump. i have changed the fuel pump, cv shafts, radiator, altenator, rewired the headlights, and changed the balancer. also the oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets leak like crazy causing a horrible ammount of smoke to come off of the exaust and a bad smell. and lately the computer is malfunctuning causing the car to loose its guages, light and parts of the ignition system. i will never buy another lexus. if you do buy make sure it has been taken care of instead of just being ignored and driven."