2012 Lexus CT

9.4

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Sporty and fits the family

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Style, mileage, cargo room"

Cons: "Head room in the back"

"I bought the car after selling my Cadillac STS. Needed room for the dog and better MPG for the commute (Caddy got 24 on a good day). The cargo area is much bigger than it looks, fits my adult german shepherd. I average 42MPG. Resale value is continuously more than I owe on it. Backseat is not designed for big people, but perfect for kids."

My favorite car owned yet!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, saves me money, & dependable."

Cons: "This vehicle is small if you have a family."

"This has been my best car owned to date. I have been unable to find good rationale to get out of it yet because of a combination of the options and gas value. She is also fun to drive and the sound in the vehicle is good."

My favorite car owned yet!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, saves me money, & dependable."

Cons: "This vehicle is small if you have a family."

Optimally-engineered automobile

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "The sports-mode really surprised me, just right!"

Cons: "not avail in all-wheel drive"

"Had it now for 4 months. Used only for work, 30 miles one way, 5 days a week. Buying decision was based on key learnings from my 2005 Prius which I still own: even now, engine oil never seemed to discolor, looks as if its just been purchased new; cooling pump leaked for over a week without signs of engine damage after discovery; and brake rotors and pads seemed to last forever. This motor family is just well-designed and well-made, and I believe this know-how has been carried-over to the ct200h. Just the right specs to match my driving pattern and situations that are out of my control: great fuel economy, between 48 to 50 mpg, so hybrid powertrain is perfectly suited for my stop-n-go traffic. Also picked the standard non-HID lamp option. Again, learned from Prius that replacing just these HID lamps costs so much. The sound system is very enjoyable to listen. Overall, I believe the ct200h will last just like my Prius and still going."

Love this car.

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cons: "No clearance. Not great in heavy rain or snow."

"Fun to drive. Tough go in the snow though."

An absolute great car, super mileage (42mpg)

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fill up the tank for less than $20!"

Cons: "None that matter"

"A really fun car to drive and fun to own; just a little on the small size, but that is not a big detraction."

My first car

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs more HP"

"I'm very satisfied with this car. Great appearance and performance. All my friends love my car too."

I love my Lexus CT 200

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Drivers seat doesn't sit up straight enough,bumpy"

"I bought the CT 200 the first year it was made. It was a great decision. I love the dependability of the car. It gets 41 mpg whether its stop and go city traffic, or highway traffic, as advertised. I gave it a 9 for driving dynamics because it is a little bumpier than the Lexus 350. I also gave it a 9 for comfort because the drivers seat doesn't sit straight enough for me. Otherwise, the car is perfect and I'm going to keep it for a long time."

Just what we wanted

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, great mileage, fair price"

Cons: "feel every bump on dirt road, too deep cup holders"

"With a new grandson 900 miles away, we decided to look for the best combination of comfort/mileage/price we could find. The CT200H seems to be it. We just went on a 2000 mile round trip and found the comfort to be as good as any car we've owned. Overall the mileage was about 48 MPG...a little less going uphill to Western PA...a little more back down to the coast. And we got a fair deal; just a bit more than the Prius. I won't comment on the power or handling performance. That is not what we bought it for. But it is certainly as good as we need."

Great car, but it's not for everyone

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Economy, build quality, handling, styling"

Cons: "Slow, some chintzy attributes"

"I traded my old ES300 for a CT because I wanted a smaller car and was looking for not good, not great, but fabulous gas mileage. The CT delivers on the gas mileage; I've owned the car for 17 months, have 22K miles and it has consistently delivered 48-49 MPG in a mix of fairly slow/congested freeway and around-town driving. I have had a few tankfuls at about 46 MPG on freeway trips and have gotten as high as 51. I am very happy with the CT, but it does take some getting used to. It is slow off the line, but that is OK with me - it is not dangerously slow and contrary to some reviews, the Sport mode does help with low-end torque. After the first few months, I now rarely use the Sport-Norm-Eco selector, although I occasionally do use Sport around town. It's really small and it took some getting used to after the ES. The back seat IS passable for two adults, but front-seaters must move their seats up. I rarely have people in back, so this is not an issue for me. There is no center armrest in back, nor are there cup holders, which I don't like. I enjoy driving the car: the seat comfort & steering wheel are excellent as is the driving position (I'm 5'11"). I've read much criticism of the console & dash as looking "dated"; I personally really like these appointments and think the reviewers are full of beans. I like the instrumentation, NAV & other appointments. Use of Bluetooth & USB-connected phone is annoying; I think it should have been better-designed. Voice-operation & NAV have been excellent for me. The stereo is Fair, in my opinion. I'm a bit of an audiophile and this stereo can't touch the Levinson or the old Nakamichi in my ES. It does deliver Good/Very Good sound at higher volumes only, IMO. I don't have any issue with room for luggage, etc. in the rear. The hatch is convenient, the rear seat can fold down; I have no problems with this. Some do. The car is a bit on the loud side in a few ways: the CVT-Constant Variable Transmission can whine loudly, especially on hills and during road trips with hilly terrain. Whomping on the gas, even though I don't do it often, will give a lot of trans & engine noise that subsides when you let up. I do think Lexus insulates well to the extent possible. In my experience, this is a significant difference between 'equivalent' Toyota and Lexus models, as a very general rule. The ride can be rough on bad roads. My stock Michelin Primacy X tires optimize mileage, wear well, but are hard. The CT can be a rough ride, but 85+% of the time, is just fine. Certain aspects of the interior seem chintzy to me, especially having owned the ES for 10 years. The door interiors are a good example. The seats & front interior are just fine, however. If you're looking for luxury ride or appointments one would normally find in a Lexus, you won't get it. Just know that going in. I personally prefer this car over its 'counterpart', the Prius, by a wide margin. This is very much a matter of personal preference, I understand. I'm happy with the CT, I'm glad I bought it and think it's a great car. I do miss the ES and the more luxurious attributes of Lexus sometimes, though."

Looks sporty but it is really thrifty

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "seats, ride, headlights, mpg"

Cons: "the phone holder"

"Owned a 2006 Prius with 145k. Loved it and I was going to get another Prius. Test drove the ct200 and that was all she wrote. It is a luxurious prius that looks sporty (daughter really likes the look). I have been getting 45mpg so far and I think as I get better at driving it I will get close to 50mpg. The seats are very comfortable with good side support. Really happy with this car."

Fun, fun, fun

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "A good car in every way, and economical and fun."

Cons: "Ummmmmmm ..."

"My partner bought a CT and I stopped using my car, so I traded it in for a second CT. I like the features, comfort, quiet, handling and ... economy. It's rated high on the safety scale and when you need it, Lexus service is great. Most of all I enjoy driving this car. Every time I'm behind the wheel I find it fun to drive. I've had a few cars in my time including Mercedes and other Lexus, but I think this car is becoming my all time favourite. I love it!"

Love our CT200H

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "It's a pleasure to drive. I always feel safe."

Cons: "Needs little more room between front & back seat"

"Love our CT200H. We do some long-distance driving and almost always get between 42.5 and 46.0 MPG. Average fill up for us is 7 gallons. This car is extremely comfortable for front seat passengers. Could use a little more foot room in back seat but not a problem for us. Road handling is great. Love the fact that this car is small enough to fit in between concrete road barriers with room to spare and there is no problem in keeping up with heavy traffic. Easily goes 70 mph speed limit and still have pick-up. We are already planning to buy another CT once my husband retires. Best car we've ever had and a pleasure to make long trips in."

SUPER ECO-FRIENDLY & FUN+luxury

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Stylish/fun/Eco-friendly/$saving/Sustainable"

Cons: "A bit small for tall people, Can use more HP"

"Looking for a FUN/LUXURY/RELIABLE/ECO-FRIENDLY/SUSTAINABLE/STYLISH car?? you have already found it. Bought my car in march 2011 and so far 0 problem 0 disappointment but so much joy and proud of being a CT200h owner. Besides it's great performance and look this car is by far THE MOST ECO_FRIENDLY/GREEN car i have seen and driven. car is made of materials that 90% of it can be recycle!!! exp: speakers are made of bamboo!! and Nuluxe seats weights half as much as leather and its manufacturing process generates 65% fewer CO2 emission than traditional synthetic leather and no VOCs. "according to Lexus CT200h car brochure" I am getting up to 50 mpg in city. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR. It satisfies your sporty needs with out getting you in trouble and saves you enough money to pay your other bills"

Great luxury and vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

"This is my third hybrid, having previously owned a Camry Hybrid, then Prius IV (2010). It definitely doesn't have the zip of the Camry, and is actually a little less zippy than the Prius in "speed" mode....but does quite alright by me. In "sport" mode, gives an added kick....though it could be more. My only other complaint is that it's a bit snug (I'm a hefty guy) and has less storage capacity than the Prius....but I wanted something that felt substantial. The Prius always felt like driving a plastic car....and boy did it rattle and get blown all over the road. The CT200 is ultra posh and comfortable, definitely a luxury car feel for a small compact car. The safety features are awesome, the tech is great (don't mind the sound system, that others say is too outdated), the steering is very responsive....I just love this car! Only wish they had more colors. Would have loved to get the yellow one, but there are very few made, and I didn't think anyone would want a yellow Lexus on trade-in. But, to not offer a blue or green is ridiculous. The blue is only for the F-sport. So, regular buyers get grey, silver, white, black and red."

Great commuter car; averages close to 40mpg.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Enough power to keep up with traffic, but not enough to get into trouble with the law."

worth every buck so far

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy"

Cons: "be careful about blind spots, slow pickup"

"I was looking for hybrid vehicle for some time, browsing on line found ct 200h, it was love at first site. I drop 2 kids off to school they are 5.8 and 5.7 I'm 6, they sit in back seat they have not really complained about room however. Only problem I feel is restricted head room, as I feel my head is touching or very close to roof, a inch higher roof would be ideal. Cargo space is enough for 1 week of perishable grocery but not enough space for big boxes or trip to sams club. Ride is comfortable if driver seat can be power raise to highest point. Pickup is slow, sport mode is helpful. Fuel economy is better then excellent, in dry clear weather can get up to 47 mpg, in heavy rain mid to high 30's mpg, I have not done fuel estimation in snow yet. Overall I'm happy with purchase, excellent for work commute"

Everything I hoped for

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "mpg, looks great, comfort, low emisions"

Cons: "slow off the line"

"I've had the car about 9 monthes. My mpg are better then advertized, getting 44-45 during the winter and 49-50 during warmer monthes. I do baby it though. But, if I feel like having fun I put it in sport mode, drive it harder and it responds beautifully. Thank you Lexes for a wonderful car."

Fun to drive... Fuel economy is outstanding.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Have had this car 10 months, and have enjoyed every mile."

Love the car - it is efficient and economical.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Price was reasonable"

"I was looking for a smaller car after having driven SUV's for years. I researched many different vehicular options and found the CT to be the best in all categories. I did not have to plug it in, nor did I have to pump up the seats manually. It also uses unleaded gas. The CT has a sporty look, and with the options - I have not lost anything by driving a smaller vehicle. The navigation screen is larger and with the tilt feature I do not have a glare on sunny days. The EnForm provides up to date traffic information which keeps me well aware of the roads. I especially like the hatchback - I can convert from a people mover to a transport vehicle by putting the rear seats down. Flexibility, safety, and ease of use. I think I will drive a Lexus Hybrid from now on....."

Nice subcompact

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "MPG Price, easy access to media ports"

Cons: "none so far"

"I am surprised I actually like this car. It is comfortable for a small car. My wife averages 47-49 mpg of course it drops when I drive it I like to use the sport mode. Yes it is slow but it handles decent and it is nice being able to fill up the tank and not drain the bank account. Stereo has a good sound. All in all a good little car. If you are looking at a Hybrid take a serous look at the CT200H. Plus the Lexus dealers service centers treat you like a king. And the first two services were free."

love this car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "getting great MPG"

Cons: "moderate pick up"

"I looked at another Toyota,which I've had tons of luck with in the past. My previous car was a Rav4 which I traded in with 258,000 miles(yes 10 trips around the world) and never did anything but oil changes and tires. I loved the car but my job pays me per mile, so I decided to look into a smaller vehical with better milage. My first idea was a Prius, but I never liked the look. So I decided to look into a CT and was surprised at the actual cost being so reasonable for a Lexus brand product. It drives great and handles nicely. It's not a speedster and does not have great exceleration but it's been getting me 46 miles to the gallon so far. It's very comfortable for a smaller vehical, and I like the car more everyday. The stereo is better than average and the dash screen is great to have. If you want speed this isn't your car but if you want a great look,great milage,and nice features this is a hidden gem."

The best car I have ever owned- 48MPG - The best!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Seats, fuel, storage, sporty, luxury, style"

Cons: "cup holders, expensive, not for 6 adults"

The first Day with my Red Lexus CT 200h (WOW) !

"My CT 200h has all of the options and I love this car. The medium red color "gleams" and the black leather interior is in a word"premium"! I am getting 48 MPG all of the time in "normal mode. I have used "electric" mode and it's nice and up's the mileage even more. I have also gone to "sport" mode and had a blast! This is a hybrid so do not expect a fuel eating gasoline motor. While not a race car it feels and handles much like a "sports" car! No starter, no noise taking off and seats to die for. With a slight learning curve you will grow more and more fond of this car as the days go by. After 11,000 miles I am hooked! I am also convinced that hybrid cars are the future because they are very green with little fuel and no electric outlets or other things that hold you back. Overpriced Prius? Maybe but this is a "premium" small sport/Luxury Hybrid that has no rival. I have driven them all. TSX-no, BMW 325i, a fattie, and on and on! Drive this car for at least one hour and drive it hard. Join the CT club. A fitting Lexus that won my heart very fast."

The first Day with my Red Lexus CT 200h (WOW) !

The Car won me over

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Reasonable price for a great car!"

Cons: "Stereo could be better"

"I have been a lifelong Honda/Acura owner (over 30 years) and felt like they left me behind because the Accord became too big and the hybrids were not appealing. I was considering an Audi A3 and the Volvo C30, both great cars, however neither could match the Lexus for comfort and mpg. I have found the sport mode is fine for my uses, particularly merging onto the freeway. Once up to cruising speed the normal mode is adequate. The stereo might not be the best but is adequate. The space and convenience is acceptable for my two person household. The back seat, while small, is useable for people up to the six-foot range. I didn't get a lot of add ons because I have found I don't use them, so no navigation system, likely that will have $2K to the cost, so you might be better served using an iPhone for that. I would suggest to anyone, especially those who have never owned or driven a hybrid, take it out a couple times to get a feel for it. Actually I find driving a hybrid a new and interesting experience, trying to squeeze those extra mpg's out of the car!"

Awesome Hybrid That is Cool and Fun!!

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "hybrid, sporty, rides great and tight rally feel"

Cons: "slow off the line"

"I'm only 1,000 miles into ownership and I can't be happier, this is possibly the best car I have every had. Driven Rovers, VW, BMW and Mercs. Yes you sacrifice some performance for a Hybrid, but when you fill it up once a month who cares! It's not fast off the line, but it corners like a porsche and has pep over 20 MPH. Interior comfort and design is perfect, everything is in the right place. This is about as close to a hybrid sports car you can get!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus CT near Honolulu. See local deals