2012 Lexus CT

9.3

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love this car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "getting great MPG"

Cons: "moderate pick up"

"I looked at another Toyota,which I've had tons of luck with in the past. My previous car was a Rav4 which I traded in with 258,000 miles(yes 10 trips around the world) and never did anything but oil changes and tires. I loved the car but my job pays me per mile, so I decided to look into a smaller vehical with better milage. My first idea was a Prius, but I never liked the look. So I decided to look into a CT and was surprised at the actual cost being so reasonable for a Lexus brand product. It drives great and handles nicely. It's not a speedster and does not have great exceleration but it's been getting me 46 miles to the gallon so far. It's very comfortable for a smaller vehical, and I like the car more everyday. The stereo is better than average and the dash screen is great to have. If you want speed this isn't your car but if you want a great look,great milage,and nice features this is a hidden gem."

Pretty Nice

By on Sunday, April 17, 2011

"I would consider this a step up from a Prius. I almost bought a Honda Insight, but liked this much more. Much more "connected" suspension than a Prius or Insight, very reasonably priced, considering it's a Lexus. Lots of standard equipment - the NAV is a must in my book - without it, the dash looks dated because of the old style radio they give you. Very connected with iPods - you can play your iPod via Bluetooth or the included dock connection. Milage is great, the "Sport" mode is very peppy, but I traded in a BMW M3, so this is a big shock on performance. The suspension is softer than the M3, but not mushy - a better compromise than the BMW provided. Has the look of a European 1 Series Hatchback (not imported to the US). I REALLY wanted another BMW, but they don't offer anything like this in the USA. Gas prices keep going up - this thing takes regular gas, and I'm getting 43 MPG (observed). It's not huge, but it can haul groceries or kids stuff with ease. I love it so far!"

Great car, but it's not for everyone

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Economy, build quality, handling, styling"

Cons: "Slow, some chintzy attributes"

"I traded my old ES300 for a CT because I wanted a smaller car and was looking for not good, not great, but fabulous gas mileage. The CT delivers on the gas mileage; I've owned the car for 17 months, have 22K miles and it has consistently delivered 48-49 MPG in a mix of fairly slow/congested freeway and around-town driving. I have had a few tankfuls at about 46 MPG on freeway trips and have gotten as high as 51. I am very happy with the CT, but it does take some getting used to. It is slow off the line, but that is OK with me - it is not dangerously slow and contrary to some reviews, the Sport mode does help with low-end torque. After the first few months, I now rarely use the Sport-Norm-Eco selector, although I occasionally do use Sport around town. It's really small and it took some getting used to after the ES. The back seat IS passable for two adults, but front-seaters must move their seats up. I rarely have people in back, so this is not an issue for me. There is no center armrest in back, nor are there cup holders, which I don't like. I enjoy driving the car: the seat comfort & steering wheel are excellent as is the driving position (I'm 5'11"). I've read much criticism of the console & dash as looking "dated"; I personally really like these appointments and think the reviewers are full of beans. I like the instrumentation, NAV & other appointments. Use of Bluetooth & USB-connected phone is annoying; I think it should have been better-designed. Voice-operation & NAV have been excellent for me. The stereo is Fair, in my opinion. I'm a bit of an audiophile and this stereo can't touch the Levinson or the old Nakamichi in my ES. It does deliver Good/Very Good sound at higher volumes only, IMO. I don't have any issue with room for luggage, etc. in the rear. The hatch is convenient, the rear seat can fold down; I have no problems with this. Some do. The car is a bit on the loud side in a few ways: the CVT-Constant Variable Transmission can whine loudly, especially on hills and during road trips with hilly terrain. Whomping on the gas, even though I don't do it often, will give a lot of trans & engine noise that subsides when you let up. I do think Lexus insulates well to the extent possible. In my experience, this is a significant difference between 'equivalent' Toyota and Lexus models, as a very general rule. The ride can be rough on bad roads. My stock Michelin Primacy X tires optimize mileage, wear well, but are hard. The CT can be a rough ride, but 85+% of the time, is just fine. Certain aspects of the interior seem chintzy to me, especially having owned the ES for 10 years. The door interiors are a good example. The seats & front interior are just fine, however. If you're looking for luxury ride or appointments one would normally find in a Lexus, you won't get it. Just know that going in. I personally prefer this car over its 'counterpart', the Prius, by a wide margin. This is very much a matter of personal preference, I understand. I'm happy with the CT, I'm glad I bought it and think it's a great car. I do miss the ES and the more luxurious attributes of Lexus sometimes, though."

Great luxury and vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

"This is my third hybrid, having previously owned a Camry Hybrid, then Prius IV (2010). It definitely doesn't have the zip of the Camry, and is actually a little less zippy than the Prius in "speed" mode....but does quite alright by me. In "sport" mode, gives an added kick....though it could be more. My only other complaint is that it's a bit snug (I'm a hefty guy) and has less storage capacity than the Prius....but I wanted something that felt substantial. The Prius always felt like driving a plastic car....and boy did it rattle and get blown all over the road. The CT200 is ultra posh and comfortable, definitely a luxury car feel for a small compact car. The safety features are awesome, the tech is great (don't mind the sound system, that others say is too outdated), the steering is very responsive....I just love this car! Only wish they had more colors. Would have loved to get the yellow one, but there are very few made, and I didn't think anyone would want a yellow Lexus on trade-in. But, to not offer a blue or green is ridiculous. The blue is only for the F-sport. So, regular buyers get grey, silver, white, black and red."

Love our CT200H

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "It's a pleasure to drive. I always feel safe."

Cons: "Needs little more room between front & back seat"

"Love our CT200H. We do some long-distance driving and almost always get between 42.5 and 46.0 MPG. Average fill up for us is 7 gallons. This car is extremely comfortable for front seat passengers. Could use a little more foot room in back seat but not a problem for us. Road handling is great. Love the fact that this car is small enough to fit in between concrete road barriers with room to spare and there is no problem in keeping up with heavy traffic. Easily goes 70 mph speed limit and still have pick-up. We are already planning to buy another CT once my husband retires. Best car we've ever had and a pleasure to make long trips in."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus CT near Honolulu. See local deals