• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Lexus CT

9.3

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My first car

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs more HP"

"I'm very satisfied with this car. Great appearance and performance. All my friends love my car too."

I love my Lexus CT 200

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Drivers seat doesn't sit up straight enough,bumpy"

"I bought the CT 200 the first year it was made. It was a great decision. I love the dependability of the car. It gets 41 mpg whether its stop and go city traffic, or highway traffic, as advertised. I gave it a 9 for driving dynamics because it is a little bumpier than the Lexus 350. I also gave it a 9 for comfort because the drivers seat doesn't sit straight enough for me. Otherwise, the car is perfect and I'm going to keep it for a long time."

Just what we wanted

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, great mileage, fair price"

Cons: "feel every bump on dirt road, too deep cup holders"

"With a new grandson 900 miles away, we decided to look for the best combination of comfort/mileage/price we could find. The CT200H seems to be it. We just went on a 2000 mile round trip and found the comfort to be as good as any car we've owned. Overall the mileage was about 48 MPG...a little less going uphill to Western PA...a little more back down to the coast. And we got a fair deal; just a bit more than the Prius. I won't comment on the power or handling performance. That is not what we bought it for. But it is certainly as good as we need."

Great car, but it's not for everyone

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Economy, build quality, handling, styling"

Cons: "Slow, some chintzy attributes"

"I traded my old ES300 for a CT because I wanted a smaller car and was looking for not good, not great, but fabulous gas mileage. The CT delivers on the gas mileage; I've owned the car for 17 months, have 22K miles and it has consistently delivered 48-49 MPG in a mix of fairly slow/congested freeway and around-town driving. I have had a few tankfuls at about 46 MPG on freeway trips and have gotten as high as 51. I am very happy with the CT, but it does take some getting used to. It is slow off the line, but that is OK with me - it is not dangerously slow and contrary to some reviews, the Sport mode does help with low-end torque. After the first few months, I now rarely use the Sport-Norm-Eco selector, although I occasionally do use Sport around town. It's really small and it took some getting used to after the ES. The back seat IS passable for two adults, but front-seaters must move their seats up. I rarely have people in back, so this is not an issue for me. There is no center armrest in back, nor are there cup holders, which I don't like. I enjoy driving the car: the seat comfort & steering wheel are excellent as is the driving position (I'm 5'11"). I've read much criticism of the console & dash as looking "dated"; I personally really like these appointments and think the reviewers are full of beans. I like the instrumentation, NAV & other appointments. Use of Bluetooth & USB-connected phone is annoying; I think it should have been better-designed. Voice-operation & NAV have been excellent for me. The stereo is Fair, in my opinion. I'm a bit of an audiophile and this stereo can't touch the Levinson or the old Nakamichi in my ES. It does deliver Good/Very Good sound at higher volumes only, IMO. I don't have any issue with room for luggage, etc. in the rear. The hatch is convenient, the rear seat can fold down; I have no problems with this. Some do. The car is a bit on the loud side in a few ways: the CVT-Constant Variable Transmission can whine loudly, especially on hills and during road trips with hilly terrain. Whomping on the gas, even though I don't do it often, will give a lot of trans & engine noise that subsides when you let up. I do think Lexus insulates well to the extent possible. In my experience, this is a significant difference between 'equivalent' Toyota and Lexus models, as a very general rule. The ride can be rough on bad roads. My stock Michelin Primacy X tires optimize mileage, wear well, but are hard. The CT can be a rough ride, but 85+% of the time, is just fine. Certain aspects of the interior seem chintzy to me, especially having owned the ES for 10 years. The door interiors are a good example. The seats & front interior are just fine, however. If you're looking for luxury ride or appointments one would normally find in a Lexus, you won't get it. Just know that going in. I personally prefer this car over its 'counterpart', the Prius, by a wide margin. This is very much a matter of personal preference, I understand. I'm happy with the CT, I'm glad I bought it and think it's a great car. I do miss the ES and the more luxurious attributes of Lexus sometimes, though."

Looks sporty but it is really thrifty

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "seats, ride, headlights, mpg"

Cons: "the phone holder"

"Owned a 2006 Prius with 145k. Loved it and I was going to get another Prius. Test drove the ct200 and that was all she wrote. It is a luxurious prius that looks sporty (daughter really likes the look). I have been getting 45mpg so far and I think as I get better at driving it I will get close to 50mpg. The seats are very comfortable with good side support. Really happy with this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus CT near Honolulu. See local deals