• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Lexus CT

9.3

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Reliable, Stylish and Great MPG — But Hard Ride

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Reason: end of lease

"This was a 2012 CT200h 3 year lease which I just returned at 39,250 miles. I replaced it with a purchased Prius V. I drive in NYC and surrounding suburbs. The mileage ranged from 37 to 41mpg. The car had absolutely no issues. It had the original brakes and tires at 39,250 miles, with life left on them. The brakes are super powerful and will send you through the windshield. Handling is excellent. The front seats cushions were comfortable up to 100 miles on long trips. After that, my legs would start to hurt because the butt cushion is too soft, causing too much pressure on the hamstrings. Also, the bolsters were too aggressive. I had hurt my ribs a while back and couldn't ride in this car for a few days because every time I hit a bump it was like getting punched in the ribs. The back seat... is ok, not much room to place your feet because the HVAC vents under the front seats. No cup holders at all in the back. I would hit my head on the roof (I am 5'10") getting out and the door would get stuck on the curb (car is very low). As time went on, the hard ride got worse. I would feel every little bump. If you hit a pothole at any speed over 10mph, the sound is horrible! I hit a pothole in the city that sounded like the car snapped in half!!! I was sure there was damage, but luckily there wasn't. NO MORE low profile tires for me again. I liked the CT for the mileage and style. I didn't like it for it being cramped and economy-car like harsh ride. The hatch is useful, but cargo space is compromised by the tall load floor and thick taillgate. If you drive on smooth roads and are not that tall and want a hybrid with nice driving dynamics and style, you may like the CT."

Except for it being a little small for a 6 footer

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"I'm willing to give up comfort and sound for great mileage."

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great economy"

Cons: "Too low to the ground"

"Wonderful car to drive. Contrary to common publicity, the average mileage has been 50.5 mpg. It has this wonderful button that allows the driver to choose one of three modes of operation: Sport (engine w/ battery assist); ECO (battery w/ engine assist); Normal (car manages battery & engine mix). Sport gives more power than I need. Normal is the one I use the most. It feels very much like driving a sports car (I've owned 2 "sports cars" but I like this better). It has a 6 disc changer and speakers everywhere. The AC is more than adequate. Seat warmers work well for cold mornings. The electronic shift is great. Rear view camera as part of the rear view mirror. Outside mirrors can be focused down when backing up so as to see the parking stall lines. Has USB port where I can charge my phone while driving; blue tooth system works very well as there is no problem with me being heard when talking; radio can be switched between AM, FM, CD, bluetooth, USB, satellite (satellite service n/a for Hawaii). I like everything about this car except it's getting more difficult for me to get in / out - I'm getting too old."

Great Car!

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "fun drive, great stereo, great mileage, good looks"

Cons: "slightly small leg room in back seats."

"Had this car for four years now. This is our forth Lexus and like all the others is a great driving car with absolutely no mechanical issues. Quite cruising, quick enough, very fuel efficient (43 mpg average), handles well and the seats are great, Like all Lexus cars the stereo is great. Only issue and a small one at that, is the leg room in the back seats. If your only two people great car, if your three or more regularly you might want a slightly bigger car. We are currently looking for a 2014 or 2015 model to replace this 2011 model. That is how happy we are with this vehicle."

(Very) Surprisingly Awesome

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Well-designed, gas milage, fun2drive, good tech"

Cons: "Little storage, delicate, hard suspension"

"Having driven coupes all my life I was struggling to find a car with four doors that was sporty, sensible and wasn't going to make the street parking I have to do (I live in the city) any more difficult than it already was. I would have never bought a Lexus or a hybrid for any other reason, and I was completely surprised that this car (existed) is as awesome as it is. It's a Luxury, Hybrid, Compact Sportscar. Now while it's a combo of all these things it does not of them exceptionally well. But the fact that you have a level of all three of these working in tandem is what makes the car rad (in my opinion). For those of you in the world that like the tight, sporty drive of a Japanese import (like me) then you'll be surprised by how Not A Prius this is, even though it's the same manufacturer. If on the other hand you're the kind of person that likes words like "spacious and roomy" in your vehicle descriptions that this is def not for you. The car is well designed (outside of a couple of super minor head-scratchers), looks great, drives great and is generally pretty awesome. The only downside is that it's kind of a delicate beast, and the suspension is as hard as a rock...which it has to be. Also like most entry level cars as the years go by they start to cut corners so depends on what year you buy. I have a 2012 FSport model which I got for a solid price used. I don't recommend the Fsport however - as much looks great, it can't clear an apple standing up on the ground, which is ridiculous. If I had to do it again I would get the premium trim instead. If you're looking for something sporty but practical then you should defiantly take one of these for a test drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus CT near Honolulu. See local deals