• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $86,459 - $89,538.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

6.8

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    6.9/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

rooted in low quality

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Upright seating position"

Cons: "Mechanical, electrical, and platform issues"

"Purchased 2014 Ranger Rover Supercharged 8 months ago, but had problems from the get-go, such as defective timing chain, worn out cylinder gasket (leaking oil), air suspension compressor malfunction, alternator short-circuit, etc... The chassis is firm but too much body roll and noisy when turn at any angle. The level of NVH is higher than other luxury SUVs, and the supercharged engine is really loud when accelerating and passing on highway. This SUV is not what it cracked up to be, period. Plan to trade-in soon when still under warranty."

Extremely high cost of ownership, daily headache

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Reason: extremely high cost of ownership

Pros: "Fun to drive off pavement"

Cons: "high maintenance for minimum value"

"Just sold my 2014 Range Rover and quite relieved that this albatross is finally off my back. Though I enjoyed driving it, I simply couldn't drive it everyday because it had to go to the "doctor" on average twice a week to have problems fixed. Will switch to a M-B or Lexus in the near future."

True definition of luxury!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Top gas mileage in it's class Definition of luxury"

Cons: "Seat cushions feel a bit flat..."

"This is my first Range Rover. I have owned this vehicle for approx 1 year. So far I haven't had a single issue with the vehicle. I am a very particular person and could not find a single flaw. In my opinion, the level of luxury is outstanding. The ride is incredibly smooth and no feature is unnecessary. The integrated voice command feature is very easy to use and very helpful (a readout of the commands appears in the instrument panel) I have heard about past reliability issues and am hoping that this current model has been able to overcome those issues. Living in New England, I love the heated steering wheel. Upgrading to the massage seats was a big plus too."

2014 RR HSE

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Having owned a 1999 and a 2000 RR many years ago, there is NO comparison between the quality of my 2014 HSE vs the older models. This car is a beast. Great power and presence on the road...refined, elegant appearance...drives great in the rain/snow... NAV is easy to use... I feel safe traveling with my family. If there are any cons, I would say there is little space between the driver's seat and passenger's seat for personal items...cell phones, etc... Has a spot for 2 drinks, but nothing else.. Constantly fumbling to put keys, phone, glasses, papers, etc.. in any available spaces up front. This is not convenient at all due to the placement of the controls. Another minor con would be there is no constant visible display of direction (NSWE). You have to change the screen to 4X4 to find a compass. A simple addition of direction to the instrument cluster would be a very welcome addition to those of us who depend on it. Also miss having a dedicated "On Star" type of monitoring system in the car. Don't know why Land Rover doesn't include."

The new SUV is only worth $38k, not msrp of $98k

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "shallow vanity"

Cons: "low quality expensive toy"

"Range Rover pricing is as ridiculous as the medical billing in America where doctors will bill a $3000 routine operation for $300,000 just because they can and the market supports it. I will trade-in about 3 months before the warranty expires and buy a brand new V8 SUV for $40k, and that is real value with no headache or heart attack (engine stall)"

Per Page:  5 | 10