• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Land Rover Range Rover

7.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.3/10
    7.3/10

Better than expected

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Just drive one"

Cons: "Mileage / service or repairs can be expensive"

"Heard so many horror stories about the RR, but we purchased a 2004 with the BMW engine and to this day it has performed flawlessly. Smooth ride, and goes through the snow like no other vehicle. My recommendation is to keep it serviced by a RR dealership, eventhough it can be expensive at times. Not too impressed with the new style 2013 model....I will be looking for a used 2010-2011 model. We like the heavier weight of the current style. If keeping a RR for longer period, I would recommend getting the extended warranty prior to the standard one runs out...it has saved us money and paid for itself already."

Stay away , unless you are rich rich rich

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "looks"

Cons: "repairs repairs repairs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"looks and feels great , but underneath , I have shank well over 7k in repairs in the last 18 months >> if you got that type of money " go for it ""

2011 Range Rover Supercharged

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, power, lots of technology"

Cons: "Glitches with some of the technology"

"We bought this vehicle brand new and were a little blown away with the price tag but it is a luxury vehicle. This thing is loaded. Heated & cooled seats, 360° cameras, etc. I must say this SUV is easy on the eyes, just a beautiful design with nice lines. Our journey hasn't been perfect and there has been a couple of glitches with the cameras but that's not a deal breaker. The DvD screens in the headrests are nice and out of the way. We've taken trips up north and nothing but comfort was experienced. I have to say this vehicle has some power, takes a little bit to get it going because it's heavy but keep in mind it's not supposed to corner like a Porsche. This is a solid SUV and I feel safe going anywhere with my husband and our two children. We didn't purchase this vehicle for great gas mileage, we wanted to give this luxury SUV a shot and when this one wears out I expect we'll buy another. My husband is in love."

Love my 2011 Range Rover

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Upscale British looks, luxury, off road abilities"

Cons: "needs more leather, less problematic electronics"

"I could not go back to driving anything other than a Range Rover now that I have one. I love this vehicle and have been completely spoiled for the past two years since buying it. The car has a very solid, high quality feel about it. The driving dynamics feel so much better than everything else I own/have driven. I will buy another Range Rover without a doubt. You can also count me as being one owner who actually takes their Range Rover out to all the Land Rover sponsored driving events and off road trails. This vehicle is fantastic. The only thing I could wish for was for solid electronics. The car has been in for warranty repairs for both the rear seat entertainment and blind spot/surround view camera system."

True luxury car

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, fast, secure, luxurious."

Cons: "Cupholders were awful but since fixed, gas milage."

"I bought this 2004 RR new and have had few issues until now, when the radio/nav system failed causing the battery to drain. As expected with RR, a new unit costs $2500, so I acquired a used one from a junkyard for $400 (plus $500 for a dealer install). Anyway, there is no better, more luxurious all-around vehicle if you can afford it, but buy an extended warranty just in case. Driving this, you will never experience car envy, regardless of what is next to you at the light. I'm thinking about buying a new one, and handing the 2004 down to the kids."