2007 Land Rover Range Rover

7.4

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.3/10
    7.4/10

A somewhat regretful impulse

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"After 5 years of driving very reliable, excellently performing 4.4L X5's I decided very impulsively to make the switch...I had always thought it was the sexiest SUV on the road...and still do. That being said, it has been to the shop for engine lights almost monthly. Overall, a great looking car with issues..."

amizing vehicle

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"My first RR was a 06 HSE bought it new, bonatti gray with the luxury package wanted a supercharged but dealer conviced me this was a smoother ride with ample horsepower. Great car I was warned though that they were'nt known to be problem free vehicles, to my amazement I had absolutly no problems the only time the car was in the shop was for routine service. The drive was a dream better than that in its class seats were a dream could sit for long drives and never began to get sore heated back seats were a great bonus, and navigation and voice command simple to use after a couple of days. Overall a flawless car, with Range Rovers you eather hear that people love them or HATE them. I would recommend them to anybody who can afford it. Just recently a couple of weeks ago I purchased my second RR a 09 Autobiography(BIG SPLURGE) and im in heaven I thought i got stares before.. I would live in this car if I could, hopefully I'll have just as good as luck with this one but still to early to tell.."

Good Car

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"On or off the road, this vehicle will proform to what ever you ask it to do and yet it always looks good when stopped."

2003 and still Luv'n it

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Bought the 2003 RR when it was first released in July 2002. The car has been in the shop a few times for little things like molding loosing up, but nothing major. We only have 35,000 miles and we love the vehicle. It is VERY Safe for families, but it does get bad milage. About 10 MPG around town and 18 on the highway."

Overall Awesome SUV

By on Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Never had any problems unlike the older Range Rovers, dealer's service is great. Awesome styling, high social status, opulent comfort, great safety and performance. The wrost resale value for the first 3 years; thus a great bargain to buy them used. Once you drive a Range Rover, you won't drive anything else because no other SUVs quite like it. Not Lexus LS, not MB G-class, not Escalade."

Do NOT buy

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"Bought a 2004 used with 22k miles. Great car until about 55k miles. Then it went berserk. Transmission-- DONE. Cost to rebuild was $4800. Radiator-- DONE. Replace. Countless seals and hoses that broke. Transmission AGAIN. The car is currently in the shop and they don't know if its a computer problem now. Just came back from looking at the Yukon Denali and the Escalade. NEVER AGAIN!!!"

frufru

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"The only thing I keep having trouble with is the electrical key entry and with that some elec. problem on the interior."

Great OffRoad Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"EXCELLANT offroad machine. My husband and kids and myself took it offroad a couple of weeks ago. WOW,we got alot of looks like we were crazy. So lives up to the offrad image. Love the look and status of this vehicle."

You will know your service advisor

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"If the snob factor is worth the fact that you'll probably know the names of your service advisor's kids, then go for it. I bought it because I thought it was well made and it IS fabulous looking. It's the perfect "if I could only have one car" car. Elegant, but can get its hands dirty if it has to. Off road skills are awesome, brakes are awesome, ride is awesome. But little stupid things go wrong: passenger door superlocked, nav went out twice, etc etc. I firmly believe that a car I paid 89k for should NOT be a car I have to constantly think about or take to the shop. I had a hyundai that never gave me one ounce of trouble for about 20k, you know? So, as long as you go into it knowing you'll take it in probably twice a year, then go for it. It's all about expectations. They do have great service. I'm treated much better there than when I take my husband's BMW in."

BEAUTIFUL DRIVE

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"BEAUTIFUL CAR BUT HORRIBLE IN GAS MILEAGE -DROVE IT UP NORTH FROM SOUTHER CALI AND SPEND AS MUCH I WOULD SPEND ON A PLANE TICKET"

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh Yeah! Rollin' the Range

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"My dream vehicle. Snob factor-very high. Runs beautifully and I always look forward to the walk up to it so I can get in and drive. I LOVE this vehicle. I have the Westminster 2004. It is appreciated by other drivers and the second looks you get when you are in it...like Christmas every day."

My Rover

By on Saturday, February 9, 2008

"This is my third since it was redesigned in '03. I have a 2006 with the luxury seating package. The seats are amazing! This HSE has been the best of all three I owned. I had it for 18 months and I have been back to the dealer for my routine maint. stuff only. This HSE is just awsome. A must if you can afford it and it is very safe for your loved ones!"

had 5 rovers looking for #6

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"we have had 5 rovers in my family. all hse. one daugher had one, one had two, i have had 2 looking for my third. daughter had one bought an escalade. she now wants another rover. youngest daughter was rear ended in her range rover. totalled the car that hit her. did minor damage to the rover. safe, dependable, roomy, vehicles. great vehicles. we own mercedes, bentley gtc, etc...my preferred ride anywhere for comfort, reliability, function is the hse. never had a supercharged version but plan to buy one in the next 30-45 days and pass my 2007 down to oldest daughter...which means we will have 3 rovers in the family. i usually trade the cars every two years."

Check this Out !

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"The comfort level in this SUV is outstanding ! This Suv Handles with the same control at 150 mph as it does at 65 mph, the only way you know the difference is the white highway lines become solid. The sound system is awesome. Be careful to what music you listen to while driving, you may experience "the touching white lines effect". I see why the king of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, India, The Chinese Premire, and the Queen of England own a Range Rover HSE. The warranty could be longer like 6yr/70k. Service is friendly. Maintance is about the average cost as mercedes, BMW, and Lexus."

A beautiful nightmare

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"weve had rotor, radiator, electrical, and mechanical issues - all of which we've been told are par for the course. its a beautiful luxury vehicle, but we have no confidence in it. it left me stranded on the side of the road one day and their road side assistance would not help me since I had the nerve to break down in a restricted zone. Avoid unless you have other things to drive."

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

If you can't afford it, DONT buy it.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful, great ride, quiet"

Cons: "low gas milege, maintence cost"

"I must say I have fallen in love with Range Rovers. I am currently on my second and I can't think of any other car I would want. It does it all; it looks great and drives like a dream. I can pick up the kids, valet at a steak house, or take the boat out to the lake. That being said, I would NOT recommend this car if you cant afford at least 1000$ a year in service costs. It's just an expensive car to own. It costs about 100$ every time you pull up at the pump too. My first Range Rover (2006 HSE) was a bit of a nightmare, but it was my first luxury SUV so I dealt with it. The main problem was the computer glitch in the suspension and I had to have it flat-bedded to the dealer twice. BUT, my 2011 has been a real trooper! I have not has a single service light come on and I've had it for a little under a year now. (that's gotta be some sort of record for a land rover!) Beautiful inside and out! Love my Range Rover."

Good looking but Poor quality

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Looks Good Impressive, fun to drive"

Cons: "Never ending expensive maintenance"

"This is a great looking truck. that will spend more time in the shop than on the road. Air suspension failures are common and expensive, this model is not even recommended for off road use. BMW engine and components are over designed and prone to failure . Though this is a beautiful truck and fun to drive and be seen in; this particular model rates as one of the very worst and most expensive to maintain vehicles I have ever owned"

Do not buy

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"This car is the best looking on the road but I do not recommend it. It always has electrical issues, not to mention other issues. If you buy from a private party make sure that you purchase a warranty. I have had it for two years and have had bills of almost $5K to fix it. I am insured so I didn't pay for it but just buyer beware."

Save your money and your sanity

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

"I purchased this suv and in 2 weeks period decided to sell it. It was my second one( thought ill give them one more chance). You will be spending a lot more time at the mechanic than on the road and most likely a lot more money on repairing than what you paid for it. The specialist range rover himself advised me to never buy another. The water pump started leaking the next day, air shocks go bad whether you let the car sit or move much, the head gasket is known to go bad on them. I bought it, same day was at the mechanic, spent another week there, then drove it for 2 more days, was back at the mechanic again for another 3 days, then drove it for 2 more days when I decided I had enough and took a big loss and sold it. The only way to get one is brand new, from the dealer, drive it for 2 years( no more) and then return it!, then run lol. Land rover should give me a new one for the headache I went through in that 2 week period."

DO NOT BUY ONE!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Handing, comfort, and design."

Cons: "Peeling door handles and interior trim, mechanical and electrical problems."

"Within the last 1400 miles we had to put a new transmission in it and a new steering column. The transmission was $7,000.00 and the column was almost $3,000.00. I am very disappointed with this vehicle! We have owned several BMW's in the past and never had issues like this. Other past issues: peeling interior panels (around the window and mirror controls), and exterior door handles. Air bag light. Oil leaks. Coolent leaks. Window and lock issues. Rear view exterior mirrors dis-coloring. The dash lights are also starting to fade where the mileage shows up. From what I understand this is a common issue but shouldnt be. The only 2 good things I can say: Love the way it drives and handles! The stereo also sounds great!"

My Lemon Rover-Buy a Toyota Landcruiser instead

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"I own both a Toyota Landcruiser (2000) as well as a 2006 Rage Rover. The Landcruiser has 220,000 miles on it with no significant repairs to date (just normal maintenance) Unbeatable in bad weather, a true Land Crusher. I would take this vehicle anywhere on the globe and feel safe. My Rover has an electrical problem that mysteriously powers off the vehicle completely (Randomly has happened twice since I owned it) Then the dealer can not fix or explain. On top of this........THE ENGINE BLEW UP at 72k miles with no warning light indications!!!!!!! a $10,000 repair!!!!!!! I am afraid to take this vehicle more than 15 miles from my house for fear of the next time I am stranded on the side of the road for 3 hours late at night with Tractor Trailers zooming by at 75 miles per hour. If you have money and time to burn ( Every repair or visit is ridiculously expensive- wipers are $300.00) This is your vehicle. I do not like to complain normally, but I wish more people would have spoken up when I was looking. Once I had one, I would hear the same from strangers in parking lots all over the place that wanted to share their pain. Too bad, it is a striking looking SUV, but it needs to be able to run."

2004 Range Rover HSE

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Awesome vehicle to 4WD"

Cons: "Doesnt have auto head lights, thats the only thing"

"I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now. I have preformed the required maintenance. changing the oil a 5000 miles. I will not wait 15000 for any car. I have used the AWD many times out in the desert and have never been let down. This is the most comfortable SUV i have ever owned and will not sell this vehicle ever. I will buy a newer model and keep this. I have owner over 35 cars in my life time and this by far is one of the best."

BEST SUV PERIOD!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Off Road Capability, Features, Comfort"

Cons: "GAS!, Stupid Cup Holder, Dated Navigation"

"I have had my 2006 Range Rover for about a year now and I love it. I have not had any major problems with mine and it has 80,000 miles. Unlike most owners I have actually taken mine off road. A lot. And not just dirt trails but I have taken her through some real precarious situations. I would be perfectly comfortable going up against a Rubicon any day. As far as value goes you can not find a more beautiful SUV for such a good price when looking used. I think it is important to make sure you get yours checked out before you buy a used one. I was fortunate enough to have my mechanic tell me that it was the cleanest Rover he had seen in a long time. After everything I have read i have found that reliability is hit or miss. After 80,000 miles the only thing I can complain about is the drivers seat not heating up. Other than that it is the most incredible car I have owned and for someone who buys 2 new cars a year that is saying quite a lot!"