• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Land Rover Range Rover

7.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.3/10
    7.3/10

Absolutly love my Range Rover HSE

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cons: "LR service center is all the way across town"

"Bought this vehicle new and after 104,000 miles I am even happier with it now than the day I bought it. Spent the money to upgrade to Luxury Package as seats are much more compfortable will do the same next time, well worth it."

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great engine (BMW engine), drive-abilty"

Cons: "Expensive to repair when it brakes"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles, this is one of my favorite. When this ones dies, I will be keeping it for parts and get another."

Worst Reliability Ever

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Bought Brand new a year and a half ago and for the last month and a half the dealership has been trying to fix multiple problems. They have had it twice for over two weeks and within one day of getting it back, i've had the same problems they didn't fix. They also won't even give me a rent car or loaner. Also, customer service at Land Rover North America is horrible. No one will ever call you back, not even supervisors. I am forced to have lawyers get involved."

Best vehicle I've ever owned. Period.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Comfort."

Cons: "Price."

"Comfortable, great handling and getting much better gas mileage than expected (over 20mpg highway)."

Love this car

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "style, fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive"

"We have owned this car for 3 years and put some 70,000 miles on it. We love this car. It is comfortable, stylish, great off road, great for our elderly parent to get in and out of. We have had our share of little issues with it and had to have it towed in a couple of times. Parts and maintenance are expensive but everytime I pick it up from the dealer, I love it."

Lost transmission at 67,000 miles

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"I would not buy this car unless you plan on a love hate relationship. I lost my transmission at 65,000 miles and i received no help or sympathy from Land Rover. I would not recommend anything under 06' I have one of those tooo and although better ....it doesn't live up to a standard. All kinds of screwy electronic malfunctions(Rear DVD system had to be replace at 49,000 miles then it took two months for them to get it from alpine. Only to be told i am now over my warranty, even though the problem was noted and part was ordered before warranty was out. It was a fight to get them to pay for it. Interior trim peels off of everything They will tell you your fingernails or rings were the cause."

Better than average.

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"Bought my 06 in 08 with 36000 miles certified from RR dealer. Only problem was leaking radiator. Replaced under warranty. No other major problems yet as of today! Heard of a lot of problems other people have had. I guess I got a good one. Currently 76000 miles. Oil change every 3.5k miles. Brakes replaced at 75k for $1000 not $2,000 dealer quote. I really like this car. Stereo alone is worth it. I still want it. Bought wife a new car, not me. When the time comes, most likeley will get another one."

Pretty car when not in the shop

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Bought a used 2004 RR and with in the first 2 months it was back at the dealership 3 times. Spent about $5k in repairs now. Battery had to be replaced then the litterally the very next day had to take it back for the ignition switch, then one of the air supesion bags went out and had to be replaced. Come to find out that the original owner purchased the 100k warranty but due to some stupid "glitch" Land Rover won't transfer the warranty into my name even after I offered to pay for it. Besides those major repairs the car rattles alot, when it rains the bottom door jams fill up with water, and then lots of other little quirks. Other than that its a pretty car to look at but plan on driving rentals quite a bit."

Be Ready!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I own a 2004 Range Rover and this is my second one. You have to understand when you buy this car that you are not buying it for its reliability!!! You will be at the shop alot. Remember Land Rovers come with a 4 year bumper to bumper and you dont pay a penny for those 4 years to fix anything! They even throw you in one of their cars while yours is being worked on. So after the 4 years you need to either be ready to fork out your cash for the repairs or buy the extended warranty. This is no honda so if you dont have money to burn dont buy it. I would buy another one and will."

Luxury at its best!

By on Friday, June 29, 2007

"If you're looking for a luxury vehicle that can handle the urban jungle, look no further.......stylish and powerful, it gets you out of traffic when you need the extra horses and also if you're going for a weekend drive up the canyon. ....no worries about the handling. The interior is to die for.....the ebony wood of the Supercharged makes you feel VIP and the dashboard has never looked better.....sure it's a bit on the expensive side but I have yet to see anything affordable do what this baby can do! Highly suggest the silver.....less maintenance!."