2005 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.2/10
    7.2/10

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "handling; comfort; stylish looks"

Cons: "no blue tooth and aftermarket parts"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles over the past 36 years, and surprisingly this one has been the best yet. I was apprehensive when I bought it (used w/ 40K) over two years ago, but I had a comprehensive pre-check and since then I haven't had any problems. When I bought it I had a key fobe problem but the seller took care of that and since then not one additional problem. Yes, I do drive it off road (gravel-logging roads) and have plowed it through 6+ inches of snow. It's built like a tank, but handles excellent on the highway. Either I have just been down right lucky or the 07 was the best year. It has a Jag engine so it doesn't cost me alot to maintain. I put a K&N filter on it and get 19 city and 24 highway; no complaints there either. Suspension system is awesome. I don't kid myself, when something breaks it will cost, but so far I wouldn't get rid of this vehicle for anything; it looks great too!"

Great vehicle. Best truck I've owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Status, fun to drive, reliable, great quality"

Cons: "expensive to repair when outside warranty"

"I drove an Escalade, QX56, and Avalanche before buying the Range Rover. The only vehicle that comes close to the Range Rover overall is the Escalade. I heard the horror stories about the Range before buying it. I didn't listen, as I wanted it, and figured I would get an extended warranty anyway. The only issue I had was the suspension, which seems to be a common issue after a while. As long as you have warranty, you're good. If not, be prepared to spend at least $2500 on the suspension. I was lucky. My suspension went out while under the warranty."

Much improved service quality from previous models

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Ride Comfort"

Cons: "Price (value)"

"The 2011 Range Rover is much improved from previous models when it comes to quality and reliability. The comfort of the car is unmatched, and it works well to service a family's needs. The technology still needs upgrades as the Nav, Sat Radio and other creature comforts are still the same as the when the model was launched in 2003. I suspect that all of that was taken care of with the new 2013 edition Range Rover."

2007 Range Rover HSE Rock Solid

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability,Quality,Comfort"

Cons: "Improve service departments attitudes"

"Land Rover has come a long ways. I owned a 2000, 2003, and a 2007 Range Rover. Reliability has improved so much over the years that the old sad story about the Range Rover no longer applies. I already know what my next SUV will be, but its going to take longer to replace the one I am in because it is still Rock Solid!"

2011 Range Rover Supercharged

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, power, lots of technology"

Cons: "Glitches with some of the technology"

"We bought this vehicle brand new and were a little blown away with the price tag but it is a luxury vehicle. This thing is loaded. Heated & cooled seats, 360° cameras, etc. I must say this SUV is easy on the eyes, just a beautiful design with nice lines. Our journey hasn't been perfect and there has been a couple of glitches with the cameras but that's not a deal breaker. The DvD screens in the headrests are nice and out of the way. We've taken trips up north and nothing but comfort was experienced. I have to say this vehicle has some power, takes a little bit to get it going because it's heavy but keep in mind it's not supposed to corner like a Porsche. This is a solid SUV and I feel safe going anywhere with my husband and our two children. We didn't purchase this vehicle for great gas mileage, we wanted to give this luxury SUV a shot and when this one wears out I expect we'll buy another. My husband is in love."

2004 Range Rover HSE

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Awesome vehicle to 4WD"

Cons: "Doesnt have auto head lights, thats the only thing"

"I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now. I have preformed the required maintenance. changing the oil a 5000 miles. I will not wait 15000 for any car. I have used the AWD many times out in the desert and have never been let down. This is the most comfortable SUV i have ever owned and will not sell this vehicle ever. I will buy a newer model and keep this. I have owner over 35 cars in my life time and this by far is one of the best."

Rides wonderful no govt assistance to maker

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "heavy duty fun car"

"This is a wonderful car. No repair issues. Rides like a big comfy sedan. Off road wonderful, too. Car is in such good condition and so reliable that I have no reason to sell it."

Beautiful, sumptuous lemon.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Details. Interior. Exterior. Mechanicals."

Cons: "Reliability. Tippy in turns. Reliability."

"My 2003 Range Rover HSE has been like the opening line of "A Tale Of Two Cities." It's been the best of times and the worst of times, but at the end of the day, it's just nerve-wracking to drive this thing around waiting for it to break again. You can't ignore it. The lack of reliability is a CONSTANT concern, even for me, who has a bumper-to-bumper warranty. I love this car, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Buy something reliable instead!"

Love my 2011 Range Rover

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Upscale British looks, luxury, off road abilities"

Cons: "needs more leather, less problematic electronics"

"I could not go back to driving anything other than a Range Rover now that I have one. I love this vehicle and have been completely spoiled for the past two years since buying it. The car has a very solid, high quality feel about it. The driving dynamics feel so much better than everything else I own/have driven. I will buy another Range Rover without a doubt. You can also count me as being one owner who actually takes their Range Rover out to all the Land Rover sponsored driving events and off road trails. This vehicle is fantastic. The only thing I could wish for was for solid electronics. The car has been in for warranty repairs for both the rear seat entertainment and blind spot/surround view camera system."

Best SUV!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Total luxury SUV"

Cons: "Maintenance"

"This an awesome road car.Excellent handling and great comfort, a true luxury vehicle. Mileage as expected 14/21. Maintenance shedule and cost are real draw backs."