2004 Land Rover Range Rover

7.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.3/10
    7.3/10

Better than expected

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Just drive one"

Cons: "Mileage / service or repairs can be expensive"

"Heard so many horror stories about the RR, but we purchased a 2004 with the BMW engine and to this day it has performed flawlessly. Smooth ride, and goes through the snow like no other vehicle. My recommendation is to keep it serviced by a RR dealership, eventhough it can be expensive at times. Not too impressed with the new style 2013 model....I will be looking for a used 2010-2011 model. We like the heavier weight of the current style. If keeping a RR for longer period, I would recommend getting the extended warranty prior to the standard one runs out...it has saved us money and paid for itself already."

Stay away , unless you are rich rich rich

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "looks"

Cons: "repairs repairs repairs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"looks and feels great , but underneath , I have shank well over 7k in repairs in the last 18 months >> if you got that type of money " go for it ""

Awesome driving SUV and great looking!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Exciting to drive, great ride, been very reliable"

Cons: "Premium gas only"

"I have enjoyed the power, ride and handling! Low maintance and has been very reliable! Would buy another and recommend to a friend!!"

2011 Range Rover Supercharged

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, power, lots of technology"

Cons: "Glitches with some of the technology"

"We bought this vehicle brand new and were a little blown away with the price tag but it is a luxury vehicle. This thing is loaded. Heated & cooled seats, 360° cameras, etc. I must say this SUV is easy on the eyes, just a beautiful design with nice lines. Our journey hasn't been perfect and there has been a couple of glitches with the cameras but that's not a deal breaker. The DvD screens in the headrests are nice and out of the way. We've taken trips up north and nothing but comfort was experienced. I have to say this vehicle has some power, takes a little bit to get it going because it's heavy but keep in mind it's not supposed to corner like a Porsche. This is a solid SUV and I feel safe going anywhere with my husband and our two children. We didn't purchase this vehicle for great gas mileage, we wanted to give this luxury SUV a shot and when this one wears out I expect we'll buy another. My husband is in love."

Love my 2011 Range Rover

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Upscale British looks, luxury, off road abilities"

Cons: "needs more leather, less problematic electronics"

"I could not go back to driving anything other than a Range Rover now that I have one. I love this vehicle and have been completely spoiled for the past two years since buying it. The car has a very solid, high quality feel about it. The driving dynamics feel so much better than everything else I own/have driven. I will buy another Range Rover without a doubt. You can also count me as being one owner who actually takes their Range Rover out to all the Land Rover sponsored driving events and off road trails. This vehicle is fantastic. The only thing I could wish for was for solid electronics. The car has been in for warranty repairs for both the rear seat entertainment and blind spot/surround view camera system."

True luxury car

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, fast, secure, luxurious."

Cons: "Cupholders were awful but since fixed, gas milage."

"I bought this 2004 RR new and have had few issues until now, when the radio/nav system failed causing the battery to drain. As expected with RR, a new unit costs $2500, so I acquired a used one from a junkyard for $400 (plus $500 for a dealer install). Anyway, there is no better, more luxurious all-around vehicle if you can afford it, but buy an extended warranty just in case. Driving this, you will never experience car envy, regardless of what is next to you at the light. I'm thinking about buying a new one, and handing the 2004 down to the kids."

My dream car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "stylish, comfort, great for road trips, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, air suspension"

"I would buy another car like this if I could afford it. Outside of gas mileage and the continued issues with the air suspension this car is great. I enjoy it as much now as I did when I first purchased the car in 2007 which can be seen by the mileage. It is a great highway car. The look is classic and I would love to continue to own a RR for years to come."

Excellent vehicle, would buy again.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Navigation system is just ok."

"Love the comfort on long trips, and the luxury options I have come to feel as standard now.My only "beef" is the navigation system; it clearly should be replaced with a better system such as a Garmin.Excellent climate control, and the seat coolers are great in the hot summer.The suspension is super, and the braking system is FANTASTIC ! If you enjoy "any" kind of music, you will appreciate the awesome sound system.This is an all around great vehicle."

This car is great for the city, or country!

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"This vehicle is soooo luxurious! I had dvd screens installed in the back of the front seat head rests for the kids...awesome!!! Also, has the cold weather package that heats up the steering wheel, all 4 seats- back and bottom, and the windsheild for those frosty mornings. This car has it all, and I love it.I would say the only downfall is that luxury comes with a price-tag to match...anything that needs to be repaired or replaced on this car is a small fortune, so be prepared. Go for one, if used with the lowest possible mileage, and hope for the best! After 2004, the engine is all BMW, and even maintenence should be done by experts that work on these european cars...if you want it to last."

Style w/ No Substance

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"2004 Range Rover was great until 80K miles. After that, the car was in the shop every 3-4 weeks. Transmission failure @ 80,088 miles. New transmission $7,000! If you buy one trade it in @ 50,000 miles!"

Absolutly love my Range Rover HSE

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cons: "LR service center is all the way across town"

"Bought this vehicle new and after 104,000 miles I am even happier with it now than the day I bought it. Spent the money to upgrade to Luxury Package as seats are much more compfortable will do the same next time, well worth it."

Wonderful Vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great engine (BMW engine), drive-abilty"

Cons: "Expensive to repair when it brakes"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles, this is one of my favorite. When this ones dies, I will be keeping it for parts and get another."

Worst Reliability Ever

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Bought Brand new a year and a half ago and for the last month and a half the dealership has been trying to fix multiple problems. They have had it twice for over two weeks and within one day of getting it back, i've had the same problems they didn't fix. They also won't even give me a rent car or loaner. Also, customer service at Land Rover North America is horrible. No one will ever call you back, not even supervisors. I am forced to have lawyers get involved."

Luxurious and very durable with timeless beauty.

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Excellent visibility, smooth , quiet and safe."

Cons: "fuel average 16 city 19 hwy."

"Long lasting and reliable."

Best vehicle I've ever owned. Period.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Comfort."

Cons: "Price."

"Comfortable, great handling and getting much better gas mileage than expected (over 20mpg highway)."

Love this car

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "style, fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive"

"We have owned this car for 3 years and put some 70,000 miles on it. We love this car. It is comfortable, stylish, great off road, great for our elderly parent to get in and out of. We have had our share of little issues with it and had to have it towed in a couple of times. Parts and maintenance are expensive but everytime I pick it up from the dealer, I love it."

Lost transmission at 67,000 miles

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"I would not buy this car unless you plan on a love hate relationship. I lost my transmission at 65,000 miles and i received no help or sympathy from Land Rover. I would not recommend anything under 06' I have one of those tooo and although better ....it doesn't live up to a standard. All kinds of screwy electronic malfunctions(Rear DVD system had to be replace at 49,000 miles then it took two months for them to get it from alpine. Only to be told i am now over my warranty, even though the problem was noted and part was ordered before warranty was out. It was a fight to get them to pay for it. Interior trim peels off of everything They will tell you your fingernails or rings were the cause."

Better than average.

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"Bought my 06 in 08 with 36000 miles certified from RR dealer. Only problem was leaking radiator. Replaced under warranty. No other major problems yet as of today! Heard of a lot of problems other people have had. I guess I got a good one. Currently 76000 miles. Oil change every 3.5k miles. Brakes replaced at 75k for $1000 not $2,000 dealer quote. I really like this car. Stereo alone is worth it. I still want it. Bought wife a new car, not me. When the time comes, most likeley will get another one."

Pretty car when not in the shop

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Bought a used 2004 RR and with in the first 2 months it was back at the dealership 3 times. Spent about $5k in repairs now. Battery had to be replaced then the litterally the very next day had to take it back for the ignition switch, then one of the air supesion bags went out and had to be replaced. Come to find out that the original owner purchased the 100k warranty but due to some stupid "glitch" Land Rover won't transfer the warranty into my name even after I offered to pay for it. Besides those major repairs the car rattles alot, when it rains the bottom door jams fill up with water, and then lots of other little quirks. Other than that its a pretty car to look at but plan on driving rentals quite a bit."

Be Ready!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I own a 2004 Range Rover and this is my second one. You have to understand when you buy this car that you are not buying it for its reliability!!! You will be at the shop alot. Remember Land Rovers come with a 4 year bumper to bumper and you dont pay a penny for those 4 years to fix anything! They even throw you in one of their cars while yours is being worked on. So after the 4 years you need to either be ready to fork out your cash for the repairs or buy the extended warranty. This is no honda so if you dont have money to burn dont buy it. I would buy another one and will."

Luxury at its best!

By on Friday, June 29, 2007

"If you're looking for a luxury vehicle that can handle the urban jungle, look no further.......stylish and powerful, it gets you out of traffic when you need the extra horses and also if you're going for a weekend drive up the canyon. ....no worries about the handling. The interior is to die for.....the ebony wood of the Supercharged makes you feel VIP and the dashboard has never looked better.....sure it's a bit on the expensive side but I have yet to see anything affordable do what this baby can do! Highly suggest the silver.....less maintenance!."

best car I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "The best"

Cons: "don't have any"

"It has Jaguar V-8 never had a problem the vehicle has been trouble free. I highly recommend."

Better than expected and I expected the best.

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Off road capability and head of the SUV class"

Cons: "premium fuel, expensive parts"

"Just normal maintainance : tires, oil, suspension. Great foul weather vehicle. We bought it at the end of the initial lease because it was so good."

Fantastic car!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

"I have been driving this car for five years and it has been just great. So comfortable and stylish. Just love it!"

Luxury

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Great vehicle, brought used and it still looks like a new car. No major problems and very please with the service dept handle minor issues. LUX all the way!"