• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2003 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

7.2/10
    7.3/10

If you can't afford it, DONT buy it.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful, great ride, quiet"

Cons: "low gas milege, maintence cost"

"I must say I have fallen in love with Range Rovers. I am currently on my second and I can't think of any other car I would want. It does it all; it looks great and drives like a dream. I can pick up the kids, valet at a steak house, or take the boat out to the lake. That being said, I would NOT recommend this car if you cant afford at least 1000$ a year in service costs. It's just an expensive car to own. It costs about 100$ every time you pull up at the pump too. My first Range Rover (2006 HSE) was a bit of a nightmare, but it was my first luxury SUV so I dealt with it. The main problem was the computer glitch in the suspension and I had to have it flat-bedded to the dealer twice. BUT, my 2011 has been a real trooper! I have not has a single service light come on and I've had it for a little under a year now. (that's gotta be some sort of record for a land rover!) Beautiful inside and out! Love my Range Rover."

junk, do not buy!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cons: "Junk!!!!!!"

"Wow what problems and no help from the manufacturer, stay away from this car unless you are a sadist!!!!!"

lemon

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cons: "Loud air conditioner noise that cannot be fixed, serious design flaw"

"Bought a new 2011 Range Rover supercharged, paid close to 100k and can not drive the car! Shortly after purchase it developed a very loud and annoying noise at highway speed with the air conditioner on, after 3 attempts and several weeks in the shop it still can not be repaired. I'm told by the dealer that Land Rover is working on a fix and is aware of the problem, with no fix anytime soon. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and stay away from this car - it's a prestigious car to own but has a significant design flaw and the arrogance and attitude from Land Rover / Jaguar is unbearable"

Most Comfortable and luxurious Car

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Luxurious"

"Love, Love this car, this is my first Range Rover and it is the most reliable, comfortable, has every bell and whistle, if you buy this make of car, be smart enough to invest in an extended warranty. Land Rover will give any new or used car an extended warranty, they stand behind their cars. I did not have to put a penny into this car unless it was usually wear and regular maintenance. I would highly recommend this car, if you want to be noticed just drive this car."

DO NOT BUY ONE!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Handing, comfort, and design."

Cons: "Peeling door handles and interior trim, mechanical and electrical problems."

"Within the last 1400 miles we had to put a new transmission in it and a new steering column. The transmission was $7,000.00 and the column was almost $3,000.00. I am very disappointed with this vehicle! We have owned several BMW's in the past and never had issues like this. Other past issues: peeling interior panels (around the window and mirror controls), and exterior door handles. Air bag light. Oil leaks. Coolent leaks. Window and lock issues. Rear view exterior mirrors dis-coloring. The dash lights are also starting to fade where the mileage shows up. From what I understand this is a common issue but shouldnt be. The only 2 good things I can say: Love the way it drives and handles! The stereo also sounds great!"

'very good vehicle have had few problems

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Overall good experience, reliable for most part, have had computer problems otherwise no issues"

Quiet Comfortable Highway Cruiser

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Power, comfort, quiet, features, versatility on and off road"

Cons: "not as much cargo room as you would think, gas mileage"

"I have had several SUV's but bought this in 2009 because I do a lot of highway miles and wanted a truck with some power. Jackpot! It cruises comfortably and quietly at 70 MPH and is capable of much more. On the twisties, the "SPORT" mode on the excellent transmission transforms the car to a competent touring machine - at the price of some economy. Not many drivers know that the "SPORT" mode also adjusts the suspension, not just the shift points. I had very few issues, but a shock did fail at around 15K miles fixed in warranty. No gremlins other than that. Yes, it is expensive to service and satisfy its thirst. In exchange you get an unbeatable combination of highway cruiser, winter wonderland explorer and power - lots of power. I sometimes think of a change, but can't think of a single vehicle on the market that can match it, let alone beat it in the race for my wallet. If they came out with a diesel I would buy it for the economy."

In a class by itself

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "Styling, Luxury, Utilitarian, Ride, Pride of Owenership"

Cons: "Price, Expensive to service"

"I purchased my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged new in 2006 at the end of the year. So far the car has performed extremely well.The only problem to date has occurred with the electronic controls for the seat and steering wheel memory. This was fixed in short order by the dealer under warranty. The car has no equal in so far as styling, prestige, and presence.To date the car has been less troublesome than the MB I have previously owned. The fact that they rarely change the body style is also a plus. Performance is excellent given its supercharged engine despite the cars heavy weight of well over 5000 pounds. As far as I am concerned, the car has no competition."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Monday, July 04, 2011

Pros: "Wonderful vehicle. Rides better than my wife's BMW 7-series."

Cons: "Almost nothing. Better than any other luxury SUV I have ever owned."

"I have owned Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and Lincoln SUV's. None satisfied me until I bought my first Range Rover. It is the supercharged model. I have had a few problems, but overall this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Everything feels perfect when you are driving it. Concerning the problems others talk about, I can say that I only had two significant problems-- the compressor that controls the air suspension went out at about 30,000 miles. I did a low-ride (I could drive it) into the dealership and had it replaced under warranty. Just before my 4 year warranty expired the dealer discovered a leak in the radiator and replaced it. Also under warranty. If this sounds bad, I should list for you the problems I had with my Mercedes and BMW SUV's. It would make the Range Rover sound like the world's most dependable vehicle. This is one of the world's great vehicles. I recommend it to everyone who want to drive something special."

Excellent at a cost

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"I bought my 2008 range rover HSE new from the RR dealer; the first week driving it I heard swooishing noise and carried it back in for repair and the technician told me it was low pressure in the air condition line "wow" thats a new one, well they fixed that problem and didn't hear that noise anymore..its now 20k miles I have put on the truck and return from a trip drove in my garage and all the oil had leaked out by the time i had got up the next morning, how did this happen? well to no surprise the oil bolt had come a loose how don't know I feel the dealership had something to do with it, of course it had to be towed in because it wouldn't even start put it this way i kept having problems after problems and then later switch dealers and carried it in to correct those problems and they fixed it, had low air in the suspension they fixed it, bright light indicator on dash went out and they replace a fuse, navigation/radio would flicker and they reprogram all system and haven't had anymore problems with it and I currently have 57k miles on my 08 HSE and the changing dealership to a service department that knows what they are doing could make a world of difference, I've now been with my current dealer for 2.5 yrs and haven't encounter anymore problems since i've left the dealer in which i purchased my RR I def feel safe when me and my family are in our RR, my 16yr old drive it and feels very comfortable, I def recommend RR to anyone"

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

Great truck!

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"flawless reliability, great value if purchased used..."

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mine Is Like Yours

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"I have the 2005 Range Rover LUX fully loaded rear entertainment roof racks towing package. Buckingham Blue w/ tan and blue interior. I Love my rover. Yet it doesn't love me back I have put over $8K into since buying it in 2004 for ??? electrical problems and transmission. Overall stunning truck but if you don't have an extra $10k laying around or the affordiblity to buy the extended warranty hold off and get a Denali or Escalade."

Lost transmission at 67,000 miles

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"I would not buy this car unless you plan on a love hate relationship. I lost my transmission at 65,000 miles and i received no help or sympathy from Land Rover. I would not recommend anything under 06' I have one of those tooo and although better ....it doesn't live up to a standard. All kinds of screwy electronic malfunctions(Rear DVD system had to be replace at 49,000 miles then it took two months for them to get it from alpine. Only to be told i am now over my warranty, even though the problem was noted and part was ordered before warranty was out. It was a fight to get them to pay for it. Interior trim peels off of everything They will tell you your fingernails or rings were the cause."

gotta like this car

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"the 2008 Range Rover HSE is one of my favorite cars ever. This is my fourth Range Rover and the best. The luxury interior is a Big Plus. I feel my six year old daughter is safe in this car. I like the look of the car. Its tought with a six year old not having a car that looks like a "soccer mom's car". Never had an issue with quality or repairs. This is an English car and the electrical system actually works without hicups! I will be sad when the lease is up."

In the shop all the time

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"Parts are more expensive than my amg mercedes"

Nice Luxury

By on Saturday, March 05, 2011

"This SUV really impressed me on how it compares in such a smooth ride to the BMW 7 series and Audi A8. Now in saying that I would never purchase this SUV new as I dont think it is worth 90k as other manufactures have better Navi systems. hard drives, etc.... You would think that this car would have it all considering the cost. The only thiing I can think of is they put their money in the 4WD and suspension systems."

Don't do it

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I have had my 2004 Land Rover Range Rover for 5 years. It is without question the worst vehicle I could ever imagine owning. I can't take it on a road trip because I can't trust it's reliability. Two radiators, water pump, fuel pump, ignition switch, two batteries and countless little things. The brakes wear out way too fast for this type of a vehicle. I have had it towed to the Land Rover Dealer three times because it broke down. I will never buy anything this company makes and would not recommend anyone buy one. When you spend this kind of money for a vehicle, it should be a wonderful experience, not a nightmare."

Beautiful Lemon

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I've had my 2003 RR for going on 4 years and it has been 4 years of headache. It was all downhill after I had to get a new transmission at 50k. The air suspension is a nightmare when it goes. The heavy weight makes it go through brakes like water, I could go on and on but I'll sum it by saying while the truck is beautiful, it is definitely a huge headache. Unless you're ready to spend about 3-5k at least a year in maintenance don't do it!!!!"

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

Better than average.

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"Bought my 06 in 08 with 36000 miles certified from RR dealer. Only problem was leaking radiator. Replaced under warranty. No other major problems yet as of today! Heard of a lot of problems other people have had. I guess I got a good one. Currently 76000 miles. Oil change every 3.5k miles. Brakes replaced at 75k for $1000 not $2,000 dealer quote. I really like this car. Stereo alone is worth it. I still want it. Bought wife a new car, not me. When the time comes, most likeley will get another one."

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011