• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide
2002 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews

Very luxurious and goes anywhere

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I bought my 2001 4.6 HSE over 2 years ago with around 45,000 miles on it with an extended warranty up to 70,000 miles. It now has over 80,000 miles and runs great. Had all major repairs done before warranty expired and have had no problems since. Definitely get one that still has extended warranty and the vehicle thoroughly checked out before the warranty expires. I paid $100 for a new radiator, $100 for air accumulator, $100 for air compressor that could have cost $1,500 if I had not had the extended warranty. You should expect to pay $1,000 a year in repairs with no warranty but find a certified repair mechanic and you can get labor rates 3/4's of what you would pay at the dealer. All my repairs come with a 12,000 mile waranty. It has no leaks and drives like a dream. You will love this SUV but expect to fill er up every 250 miles. Once one of my repairs has been done, I have not had to address the same issue again (great and honest mechanic I have). The Granny gear lockers will take you anywhere. Air suspension is still perfect after 80,000 miles. Do normal maintenance with synthetic oil and this engine should last another 100,000 miles. Just make sure you find a certified, non dealer, trustworthy mechanic and you will be set. My average gas mileage is 14 to 15 miles per gallon. Keep the moving parts lubricated and you will avoid replacing many parts. May go to coil springs if the EAS goes out. If you buy a used one, definitely have it checked out and make sure you have all receipts."

underrated

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"LAnd Rover gets so much bad hype. Are their vehicles problematic, especially when you look at the sticker price? Sure, a little but they also get an unfair rap. I have owned 4 Land Rovers, 3 Rangies and a Discovery and I have had very little trouble with any of mine. My current model is a 2000 Range Rover HSE 4.0. I have never had any problems with this truck and its on 45000 miles. Its had some very minor electrical work and very minor suspension adjustment that cost hardly anything. Other than the complete tune-up and regular oil changes at 7,500 using full synthetic Mobil-1 this Rover has been perfect. I have owned so many SUV's so I have a lot to compare. As far as overall performance this Range Rover beats out the competition by a large margin. In terms of on-oad comfort the Rover drives wonderfully. The 4.0 power plant does its job, but its not as powerful as some other SUV's. But I never feel like its lacking as it has plenty of torque. Body lean is very good for a big, heavy SUV and is far better than my past SUV's like my Toyota, Land Cruiser, Mitsubishi, Montero, Mercedes M-Class, and Izusu, Trooper. Only the Land Cruiser rivals the Rover in front seat comfort and the Mercedes rivals in on-road performance. But, off-road, the Land Rover really is superior over all other SUV and easily takes terrain that some of those other SUV's can't even think about. Handling is as good as it gets, aside from perhaps the BMW X5 and of course, pedigree and brand name is unmatched. If you take care of your Rover and maintain it like its suppose to be maintained, it will treat you well."

Nice truck

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I had my 2002 Range Rover for 3 years I bought it with 22K mil now I have about 43500 mil on it, no problems at all. the only thing I had to do is new battery, I was in Iraq for 9 months so the car did not move. its good in the snow, and it has good power too. I will get the new RR next year I hope. I know people say bad things about RR but you need to read about them they are not your normal truck, this is a real SUV!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted