2002 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Extraordinary. Greatest looking SUV ever!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Unique Utilitarian Fun Reliable GreatSoundSystem !"

Cons: "Air Suspension wouldn't work at sub-0 degrees."

"Just love this vehicle, even at 20 years old, and would prefer to keep it forever, but purchased a newer vehicle to last the rest of my life {probably another 20 years)."

Love this vehicle !

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, had 90,000 mi check ,Classic"

"Little old lady owner, recent total check up, new tires, classic collectible , file with info available ..has suspension system that lowers for ease of getting in and out."

An exceptional vehicle

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Not many out there."

Cons: "misunderstood. yet that ensures it's eccentricity"

"Let's be honest, this is not a honda, toyota, or any other type of zero to low maintance vehicle. It's a Range Rover. Are they overpriced when new? Absolutly. Is the build quality/price ratio way out of balance? Of course. Yet it is probably one of the most under appreciated vehicles out there by people who do not understand it. Driving an older RR says a few things about you. Not 'I have a lot of money' or an inflated ego', if that were the case then you'd buy as new a one as you could afford. Driving a P38 or RRC says you're unique and a bit odd, but in a good way. You appreciate what an amazingly different vehicle it really is. You need to have the funds to keep it well maintained. But when it's maintained it's a great ride!"

Great car, just don't expect great reliability.

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "comfort, function, awesome in bad road conditions"

Cons: "Leaks, expensive to maintain and repair"

"Disclaimer: my rating matches how i think this car compares to others, not my feelings toward the car. Bought my 2000 Range Rover HSK 4.6 used and have had it for five years. I love it to death for some reason even though its given me trouble over the years. I wouldn't recommend a rover to anyone that doesn't plan on maintaining it themselves unless they have a pile of money they're itching to burn though. I've done all the work on mine myself and it's been a bit spendy just for parts, couldn't imagine what shop costs would have added up to by now. WHAT I LIKE: its very comfortable and functional. No pointless luxury items like a lot of luxury cars that you have no use for. Has great features that make it amazing in bad driving conditions like snow and sand including the fact that it weighs a lot for it's size. Resale value is terrible; yes I see this as a pro since I got my childhood dream car for almost a tenth of what it retails new. WHAT I DONT LIKE: LEAKS! Pretty much every thing that contains something has leaked or is leaking since it was built. It's what British cars do though. So I've spent a fair bit of time and some money chasing leaks. If it's not a major leak "stop leak" products are my good friend. I've started keeping stop leaks in the oil and coolant at all times regardless of a known leak or not. A lot of people seem to have trouble with the air suspension, but I have been lucky/ proactive in that area. I had one air bag start leaking and just went ahead and switched all four to the gen 3 bags that have a bit better ride and claim to last much longer. FINAL WORDS: I love it... I probably shouldn't for all the trouble its given me including what's mentioned above, both front door latches failing, and going through an alternator, but I do. Maybe I just have a weird attachment to my vehicles, but I don't look forward to getting rid of this one like I'm currently debating."

Expensive repairs gas guzzling 5000 lb monster

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "the awd system, interior room is spacious, luxury"

Cons: "EXPENSIVE!!! AND NOT A SINGLE CUP HOLDER"

"Yes this vehicle has had many great reviews, but heres my range rover story for the short period that it was running while i owned it. From the dealership who ripped me off, it was everything i expected and then some. A short month after, the heater core goes. Disconnected/bypassed it. Cool no heat in this 10 degree weather. Was cold but still driving. never did take it to the dealership to get an estimate for repair because i just knew it would be out of my budget. So a month after that, my compressor for my air ride suspension goes. Okay so i found a compressor for $350, ill install it myself.....what was i thinking? its a range rover, you cant install a tire valve cap yourself, everything must be done at a certified dealership who will surely charge 4 times more than what is considered "reasonable dealer pricing." Not only did the compressor burn out, but the air bags for the suspension had leaks. The estimate at the dealership was right around $2500. I dont even know why i got this expensive potential disaster. it will sit in the driveway, undriveable untill someone on craigslist decides that they want the problem"