• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2001 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 118 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Monopoly

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"I think I've paid double the purchase price for my Rover in repairs. It's ridiculous. I LOVE the Rovers, but won't ever buy one again. The dealership is the only place to get it worked on. It seems Land Rover won't share their product manual. Smart on their part. Bad for the consumer. My advice would be not to buy one (which is extremely painful to say)."

a nice classy SUV

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"this is an SUV that is not for every one . If you just wanna drive through a winter storm then you better go GM, Ford, or japanese . Why I say that because this one is a class by itself . Rovers go by generations not years . so this is the 2nd generation Range Rover . I love the off road capabilities that it has . the comfort issue is very subjective . Its for sure not that comfortable . windows are very panoramic , wood trim and leather are great . the muti color steering wheel is so unique . Now the negatives : a true gas guzzler, very slow from 0-60 .Thats it 1"

Good When Not Broke

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"When everything is working, this is a great vehicle. Since it spends several days in the shop each month, having a second vehicle to drive is a definite plus. Items that last 100K mi on US cars last 50k on a RR. One good thing is how solid a RR is; you will always come out the winner in a collision. Just make sure repairs are done at a certified RR shop or it will never be right again."

MONEY PIT

By on Monday, August 02, 2010

"I've had my 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE for 5 months and have put $4,000 into it. So far I have rebuilt the transmission and the torque convertor ($3,200) It's now in the shop as we speak for ball joints ($750)the clock even works when it feels like it, it's always something. Luckily I know a great rover specialist in town. I love this car seriously, but thats a lot to spend on a car that has 130k miles on it. Runs great though. Be prepared to spend at least 3K per year in maint. It has previously had the EAS system removed and converted to coil overs and rides great. I'm pondering about getting a differend car asap but I'm upside down 4K for what it values at in excellent condition. It looks brand new inside and out. Now I know why, they are always sitting in the shop. Ugg, why do I love it so much, I't like a boyfriend that keeps letting you down, but I still love it. Brian"

Love/Hate

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Bought this vehicle 4 years ago with 72,000 on the clock. Air suspension went bit by bit ($3,200) changed to coils ($1,200) when computer gave up! Cylinder gaskets went ($4,350) Radiator leaked ($850) Brakes done ($520) Fuel pump drive broke ($850) On 3rd set of front light wipers. They just fly off!!! Now 113,250 on clock, 15MPG town, 18MPG long haul. BUT It's the Daddy of all SUVs, body & paint A1 and the ride of a life time. You just feel great sitting in this classic!!! I'll check back with you again in 87,000 miles."